long-lasting diapers. Bella bottoms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-08-2007, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello all,

I am about to invest in a set of one-size fitted diapers but I want to make sure I buy ones that last ! I have my first child who’s now just over 1 month old and I plan to have more children, so I feel I should invest in diapers that will last me from child to child, if possible. How long have you mamas been able to use cloth diapers without them getting ruined? Which brand should I buy? If possible I want not too expensive (i.e. about $8 per fitted one-size diaper), how about Bella Bottoms? Anyone manged to use them over many years?
All advice would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance

ScarlettMother
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2007, 01:39 PM

Mother Ease One size I know will go through multiple babies. One lady used them on her 3 kids and her friends used them on 4 babies. 7 kids for one diaper is great. If you want to get a few AIO's for the diaper bag look into All Together Deluxe AIO's they last forever you can find them at clothdiaper.com. THose All in ones will last through lot of kido too.

Rachel
Old 01-08-2007, 03:23 PM

Bella Bottoms haven't really been around for that long, I don't think. I had some and liked the fit but they needed doublers to be absorbent enough. But for $8 per diaper it can't hurt to try one!

You should definitely try a sample of each diaper you are considering before investing in a whole stash!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:46 PM

I have tried almost every one size diaper out there and motherease far outlasts the others. I have a friend who has diapered 4 babies with 24 motherease diapers, and she could honestly use them again.
This being said, Bella bottoms have a much better fit than motherease. However I wouldn't expect them to last through more than one child.

www.motherease.com
Old 01-09-2007, 03:03 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice!
Looks like I'll be getting the Motherease one-size diaper. It's only $1 more per diaper and the investment is surely worthwhile!
Thanks again,
Scarlett

User Tag List