giving up sposies at night! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-08-2007, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
is it possible? tonight will be night 3 w/ no sposies on my 1 and 2yo. (they are in CD during the day) they weren't too happy at first though. I am a little freaked out to NOT have any in the house! anyone else ban sposies? I need support here

also what is the best dipe combo for night time? so far we have used lukes drawers (DD hates those though) and FB w/ double inserts and a liner. we may try wool tonight but I just don't think any of our cotton fitteds will hold up for nite. any suggestions?

Blissful Mama to DD-(5), DS-(6) and someone new due in November!
#2 of 11 Old 01-08-2007, 12:48 PM

I used to use an aristocrat over a fb. I also had an angelwraps wool cover.
#3 of 11 Old 01-08-2007, 02:02 PM

:

It's scary tho huh For me it was a hard transition too, I was scared the already waking-too-often baby would sleep even less, but I went to an organic grocery store near me, and found some Under the Nile organic fitteds!!! Whoo Hoo!!!! even after nursing all night lots of the diaper was still dry! The same with my toddler...he was mostly dry too, and no leaks with either of them. We used wool soakers over both of them. The best $12 (each) I ever spent! They are very soft and absorbent! We could soak through 2 Premium Thirsties prefolds in a night(each), and IMO, they are the best prefolds I have tried.

Check them out here:

http://www.underthenile.com/underthe...mDetail109.htm

I really need to learn how to make those pretty linky things

HTH!!!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=802589268Blissed out Mama of 4 Peace.gif
#4 of 11 Old 01-08-2007, 02:05 PM

Oh Rainbowmoon, I love your username and location

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=802589268Blissed out Mama of 4 Peace.gif
#5 of 11 Old 01-08-2007, 06:45 PM

I'm still in sposies at night for my 2 month old and 20 month old. Maybe one day I'll give them up.
#6 of 11 Old 01-08-2007, 08:13 PM

For night diapering, I use Fuzzi Bunz with two hemp inserts, or a premium prefold with a fleece liner, fastened with a snappi, and a Bummis Super Whisper Wrap. They both work equally well.
#7 of 11 Old 01-08-2007, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

thanks mamas!

I really like the LUke's drawers btw but they are soooo bulky that some of the DC jammies don't fit over them! : DS doesn't mind them but DD hates them, not to mention they make her such a waddly toddler!

I am thinking it is the fleece liner that helps with the LD? I may make some for inside our fuzzibunz. all I have are cotton ones.

#8 of 11 Old 01-09-2007, 01:08 AM

does anyone use old navy fleece pants as night-time diaper covers?

i'm looking for a new night-time diapering solution for my heavy-wetter toddler. i only CD part-time (daycare doesn't do cloth because of NAEYC regulations) so wool is just not practical - i much prefer fleece.

i've been using wonderoos stuffed with 2 prefolds with a wool soaker (my mom made it) but ds is about to outgrow it.

Jennifer, Naturopath and mom

#9 of 11 Old 01-09-2007, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

ok tried the LD again w/ DD last night. she stayed dry but they are REALLY not going to work due to the bulk. (she actually fell over backwards waddling in these this morning!) and has a hard time sitting up with one on!

DS accidentally fell asleep w/ a Bumkins AIO on, he was wet when he woke up, but his clothes weren't : I am not a huge bumkin's fan btw (just like the prints)

I am going to try FB w/ double inserts and wool for both of them tonight.

#10 of 11 Old 01-09-2007, 07:02 PM

I've started putting wool over all overnight dipes because dh helps get them ready and they always leak out of his dipes. No clue why! We mostly do a double stuffed HH or a fitted (dream eze, VBSN, PeeWell, Happy Hempy) under wool.

The fleece pants are great. Just make sure you get a nice heavy weight and that they are 100% polyester.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#11 of 11 Old 01-09-2007, 10:25 PM

I 2nd Under the Nile fitteds. My 2-mo-old is wearing one right now, under an Aristocrats wool cover.

I agree that Luke's Drawers are too bulky. My 2-year-old refuses to wear them! He actually uses disposables at night, because no matter what I tried he would still wake up crying a couple of times a night. We did try using a BumGenius at night for a little while, and if I remember correctly, he didn't leak. I'm loving Haute Pockets now. I think they would work at night if properly stuffed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page