Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't receive any survey... odd
#32 of 52 Old 02-08-2007, 12:22 PM

I ordered from the swaddlebees outlet and I'm almost positive that it's from them because those are the only dipaers I have ordered using that email. The other places I used my "junk mail" email.

Wow, after reading the thread on diaperswappers....I'm even more curious and lost : I wonder how this will all play out in the end....
#33 of 52 Old 02-08-2007, 05:12 PM

I C&P the address and used a fake email at the bottom.

I've ordered from several online stores.
#34 of 52 Old 02-08-2007, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

I just got an e-mail from a diaper selling company I have never done business with. I am really afraid someone has sold our names and we will start getting a lot of spam.

It has the same SafeUnsubscribe info at the bottom as the Survey did. I don't like this at all.
#35 of 52 Old 02-09-2007, 02:03 AM

I emailed Intellicontact (the marketing company that's doing the survey) and was told that it was sent by Swaddlebees.

I did NOT fill it out thankfully, but I am peeved that they violated their own privacy policy by sharing my information with a third party :

2Bugs

Wife to a great DH, SAHM to 3 great kids
#36 of 52 Old 02-09-2007, 02:18 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I got one as well, confused me because I rarely ever buy from diapering sites, but then after reading this I remembered that I ordered a NB dipe from swaddlebees's outlet. :

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#37 of 52 Old 02-09-2007, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphnes_mama View Post
No! This survey is NOT from us! They are calling themselves Real Diaper Foundation and they say they are based in San Francisco like us. However, it is not us. We have no idea who they are, but we are in the process of investigating. We will consult our lawyer about taking legal action, too.

So far, we cannot tell how they have obtained email addresses.

We just want everyone to know that this is not RDA. If it were, it would be very obvious. We would have our logo, etc. We would never send out email to people unless you either signed on as a member or signed up for our e-newsletter.

Weird!

Crud. I saw the real diaper name and didn't read any further than that. I filled it out and confirmed my email addy. :
And if swaddlebees is sellignour info, I will be TICKED!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#38 of 52 Old 02-09-2007, 12:00 PM

It is swaddlebees that put out the survey. They went through a company and used a false name but when the company was contacted they said that they put it out for swaddlebees. You can see it all ont he DS and HC boards. Also when margarita of SBs was contacted she lied and said she knew nothing about it. I hate to be lied to
#39 of 52 Old 02-09-2007, 12:23 PM

This is all too weird! And the DP thread has been pulled, DS is down for maintenance and the HC thread has very little info.

Tofie ~ mama to DD1, DD2 and Pookie v3 debuting December 2011
Oh my God....women are the COWS of PEOPLE!! --Reese, Malcolm in the Middle
#40 of 52 Old 02-09-2007, 01:09 PM

Grrr...I tried to get on DS last night and it was down too, anyone know when it'll be back up?

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#41 of 52 Old 02-09-2007, 05:32 PM

Hmmmm ... I also signed up for the swaddlebees outlet updates and I have received this survey as well. I wonder why she sent it out under an alias. That is bizarre!
#42 of 52 Old 02-09-2007, 06:36 PM

I just took the survey too - I assumed is was the Real Diaper Association also. But I did buy swaddlebees seconds probably a year and a half ago and probably signed up for the newsletter.:
#43 of 52 Old 02-10-2007, 03:59 PM

The quick run-down is a bunch of people got the survey and questioned it because it said it came from realdiapers@YAHOO
The yahoo is what really threw people off. Then some people started wondering where they could have got the survey from and the one common denominator was Swaddlebees.
Someone emailed swaddlebees and her commented was to the effect of:
"I got it too and filled it out, it is totally safe. She said it DID NOT come from her but she knows who it came from. She said that it was a bunch of celebrities who were trying to push a cd bill through (us assuming legislative). And she said it was totally legit but NOT from her".

In the meantime several people, including me, emailed the contact at the survey company and legally they have to say who the survey was sent by and tell you how to unsubscribe. They stated it was sent by swaddlebees and to unsubscribe just click at the bottom of the link.

Now the big issue is that everyone feels straight out lied to. Swaddlebees had no problem sending out the email saying it was not her but then when the company she hired outed her she has kept super quiet.
We, those who received the email have no idea if they violated their own privacy policy by selling our email addresses or if they just lied and tried to make it appear as RDA so they would get great responses to personal questions.

On the business end of things I will say it is an amazing idea. It would show demographics and everything of who is using the cloth diapers, well pocket diapers since these were what were asked about. But there was no need to lie at all.

As I stated on a previous post, we have worked with quite a few celebrities and there is only 1 that says you may not use their name at all. If some celebrities were trying to push a legislative bill through then they would need us to back them up and they would be very loud about it.

So basically at this point we are waiting to hear why we were lied to and a lot of people are very very upset because we have no idea if our emails were sold with the list as well and many feel that this is a new low in the cd business world.

Hope that clears everything up and if I need to edit something out for rules let me know
#44 of 52 Old 02-10-2007, 04:28 PM

Wow, this is really low .....I hate dishonesty, I'm sure they're losing alot of customers over this....grrrr
#45 of 52 Old 02-12-2007, 07:34 PM

The owner of Swaddlebees is now claiming that she sold the company and the new owner sent out the survey. Although this is still posted on the site http://swaddlebees.com/information/about
#46 of 52 Old 02-12-2007, 07:52 PM

The new owner? What happened to her story about the celebrities? Did she sell her store to a celebrity? When she gave her original explanation, why didn't she mention the crucial fact that SB had been sold and she was no longer the owner?

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#47 of 52 Old 02-12-2007, 07:53 PM

: this whole thing is so weird. why lie about it?

Obstruct livery vehicles!

#48 of 52 Old 02-13-2007, 02:19 AM

She's responded on the Diaper Pin.
#49 of 52 Old 02-13-2007, 02:40 AM

Does anyone have a link to the post on the Diaper Pin? I got the survey too and I would really like to read her response. Thanks!
#50 of 52 Old 02-13-2007, 12:59 PM

Location: the beautiful mountains of sunny Southern California
Don't think one can link from here to there - against the rules. But you don't have to be registered at the DiaperPin to read the forums. Just go to www.DiaperPin.com, click on Forums, click on Diaper Talk, then click the thread called "Those of you". The official response is on page 5.
#51 of 52 Old 02-13-2007, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamamoo View Post
Crud. I saw the real diaper name and didn't read any further than that. I filled it out and confirmed my email addy. :
And if swaddlebees is sellignour info, I will be TICKED!
Me too. Man, I am really angry about this. I never pay attention to things like this but I did this one only because I thought it was the RDA. I feel so dumb that I didn't pay more attention.

I am thinking that done with Swaddlebees after this. First they wouldn't respond to the email and phone messages I left about one of their eBay auctions that I won (they misrepresented the diapers they were selling) and now this. How low. Off to see if The Pin page has loaded yet...
#52 of 52 Old 02-15-2007, 01:24 AM

I am now getting over 50 spam emails per DAY at the email address of mine that Swaddlebees gave away. Previous to this survey, I would get about 10 spam messages per WEEK at this address. It might be a coincidence but it makes me wonder who actually has our email addresses and what they did with them....

Tofie ~ mama to DD1, DD2 and Pookie v3 debuting December 2011
Oh my God....women are the COWS of PEOPLE!! --Reese, Malcolm in the Middle

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page