Petition to allow used cloth diaper sales on eBay - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-03-2007, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQMama View Post
www.diaperswappers.com (someone mentioned previously) is great too. no fees.
Agreed! DS is where I've gotten most of mine!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2007, 09:29 PM

#3452.How ABSURD!!!! I'm sure anyone could find some REALLY NASTY things that are used on your eBay site. Cloth Diapers are meant to be washed and if someone wants to buy used Cloth Diapers, that is their perrogative. I bet I could go onto your eBay right now and find a used toilet up for grabs! Seriously what is the difference and what do you care!

That was mine, not my finest moment but seriously don't they have something else to worry about?

Good grief!!!!!!!!!! Myspace ranting on nursing pics and eBay ranting on Cloth Diapers. Now if we wanted to pose nude on Myspace with a "prop" and the go sell said "prop" on eBay, we'd be okay. :

treehugger.gif Alisaynovax.gif,intactlact.gifUsed to be a fly-by-nursing1.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif, SAHM to three slinggirl.gif, all by ribboncesarean.gif, then they grew up. mecry.gif

Now I am a WOHM, college student, single mama. praying.gif to be belly.gifbfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gif, buddamomimg1.png, to a littlebabyf.gifagain someday. stillheart.gif 

Old 03-03-2007, 09:29 PM

Yes diaperswappers absolutely ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

treehugger.gif Alisaynovax.gif,intactlact.gifUsed to be a fly-by-nursing1.gifcd.giffamilybed2.gif, SAHM to three slinggirl.gif, all by ribboncesarean.gif, then they grew up. mecry.gif

Now I am a WOHM, college student, single mama. praying.gif to be belly.gifbfinfant.gifcd.giffamilybed1.gif, buddamomimg1.png, to a littlebabyf.gifagain someday. stillheart.gif 

Old 03-03-2007, 10:58 PM

When I signed I think it was over 3400!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 04:42 AM

I justed signed and was #3477. I wonder if they'll change this absurd policy?!?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:22 PM

My auctions are ending in a few minutes, so I moseyed on over to their discussion boards to look and see if there was anything about this. Lo and behold, I found several discussions going on and in one, one woman admitted to "policing" the boards and single handedly reporting 120 used diaper auctions in the last two days. All were removed. She was bragging about this. She is just a member, not anyone in authority. Why oh why do people get such hapiness out of causing others such grief: ? Not anything better to do in her day I suppose.

Just letting you all know what we were up against until the policy can (Hopefully) be changed.

Take care,
Tara

Tara Momma to Callum and Gavin
Old 03-04-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calngavinsmom View Post
My auctions are ending in a few minutes, so I moseyed on over to their discussion boards to look and see if there was anything about this. Lo and behold, I found several discussions going on and in one, one woman admitted to "policing" the boards and single handedly reporting 120 used diaper auctions in the last two days. All were removed. She was bragging about this. She is just a member, not anyone in authority. Why oh why do people get such hapiness out of causing others such grief: ? Not anything better to do in her day I suppose.

Just letting you all know what we were up against until the policy can (Hopefully) be changed.

Take care,
Tara
What a flipping . AHHHHH

Old 03-04-2007, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calngavinsmom View Post

Take care,
Tara
Please PM the link for this or the persons name on ebay. I would like to watch her auctions. Perhaps she'll get a few booted. 2 more of my auctions just got pulled. Both were covers. I'm getting ticked about this.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookesmommy View Post
Please PM the link for this or the persons name on ebay. I would like to watch her auctions. Perhaps she'll get a few booted. 2 more of my auctions just got pulled. Both were covers. I'm getting ticked about this.
I tried to pm you but when I clicked on your name nothing happened. If you want, pm me so I can pm you back the link

I am sorry to hear about your auctions. That stinks.

ETA: I got it to work(your PM)....nevermind

Take care,
Tara

Tara Momma to Callum and Gavin
Old 03-04-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookesmommy View Post
When you post to a thread on ebay under your used ID you, too can become part of who is being "watched and reported" Please get a poster ID to protect yourself. Ebay is not a friendly place these days. Theoretically any ebayer could have all of the listings on ebay pulled just by reporting them .! It would take some time for any live person at ebay to catch on but by then the damage would be done. One person who is savy as the quote person who personally removed listings may or may not have moved on to something else. Don't become a target for untrustworty sorts.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:52 PM

Wow, there is some serious ignorance surrounding cloth diapers on those discussion boards. Un-freaking-believeable if you go read them. I can't read anymore or I'm going to have to post something I'll regret.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:24 AM

For all of the p0rnographic listings on ebay, I can't believe someone would pull diaper auctions. Nothing about cloth diapes is any kind of fetish, and it's 100% possible to clean the diapers so they don't have any bacteria. Get a clue, ebay.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:26 PM

Got the PM's! Thanks mamas!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:35 PM

Is there any way we can get Mothering magazine to do an article about this? I keep thinking that if Ebay got a lot of bad press publicity they would change their tune.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:04 PM

That, and what about getting ahold of the Real Diaper Association?

http://www.realdiaperassociation.org/
Old 03-05-2007, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by root*children View Post

I've also found that emailing all bidders on your auctions helps, just so they have your contact info if/when the listing gets pulled, since it's not accessible once pulled. Something like:
"Hi, you are bidding on the XXX cloth diaper auction of mine. Ebay has recently decided to manually pull cloth diaper listings, saying they are ""adult material... used underwear ... inappropriate to list"". Once they pull an auction, bidders and sellers no longer have any record of the auction or contact info for eachother. So, I am just giving you my email, incase this gets pulled and you are interested in buying these directly from me (through paypal). Let's hope this stays up!
Take care,
Root*children"

Anyhow, just a thought for y'all, since I had one at a bid of $20-ish and it got pulled and I had no idea of who the bidder was

I've had 2 folks take me up on off-ebay BIN's.
That's a good idea. I just bid on a used Muttaqin and I emailed the seller, letting her know I would be interested in completing the transaction outside of eBay if her listing gets pulled and I'm still the high bidder. I hope that works!

I wonder if we could use some sort of code word to indicate a used diaper listing...

Can they pull a listing if it doesn't say used, even if it looks like it might be?

Molly, mama to my 3 sweet boys.
: : hale:
Old 03-05-2007, 05:14 PM

Any ebayer, me or you or any can get a listing removed by clicking on Report item at bottom of page and making a report that item is prohibited or another category or violates policy. It is currently unclear wether that report automatically gets an item removed and is then reviewed or wether reviewed and then removed. Most likely first scenario and then reviewer scrambles to come up with the reason why about which there is still considerable variation coming out of ebay on why. Several posts above mine here reference a poster on ebay community boards saying they had just successfully gotten over 120 diaper auctions cancelled by reporting them to ebay as above. Be careful momas. Itdoes take ebay 2-3 days to review any actions, auctions or reports . Quite a lag time.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:36 PM

Petition almost 4000 now. Jo&Co can you update on what will be done with petition and when? A new thread would be good or ideas anyone?
Old 03-07-2007, 05:00 PM

I just signed. The whole matter is absurd! I was just about to sell off a bunch of my stash since ds is pt'd.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:46 PM

Signed it (and so did the hubby)!
Old 03-07-2007, 11:37 PM

Just signed it!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 12:58 AM

Ha! I e-mailed Ebay twice asking them WHY the policy was in place. They finally got back to me, but didn't give me a very good answer. They did eventually send me a customer service survey to fill out. You'd better believe I filled it out!!! Let's bog them down with e-mails, whatever we can do. Let your voices be heard!
Old 03-08-2007, 01:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post
Are there other sites similar to ebay? [meaning not hyena cart and stuff but like- YKWIM...]
http://www.granolachicks.com/auction/index.php?
Old 03-08-2007, 03:41 AM

this is the dumbest thing ebay has ever done! thumbs down! boo!: : :
Old 03-08-2007, 04:07 AM

oh and so now i'm diaper shopping again
Old 03-08-2007, 04:53 AM

Miraculously I did manage to snag me some fluff there last week, the total number of cloth diaper auctions is constantly going down though. :

So can someone point me to the used toddler's clothing that has never been peed in section? If you're banning a diaper on the basis of being used underwear, the toddler size clothing worn anywhere around potty learning age has got to go too. [/smart aleck]
Old 03-08-2007, 05:24 AM

Signed.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:47 AM

I had to LOL at a poster on the ebay discussion boards who said "anything that is messed on, should be thrown away, that's too disgusting!" Wow! I'd have to throw away EVERYTHING my 3yo owns! Including shirts, socks and shoes!

Has anyone had auctions pulled very recently? Asking this on Thursday, March 8. My last ones were left alone, just curious about others.

Mama of 3 amazingly sweet kids jumpers.gif, living the dream on our urban farm chicken3.gif

Old 03-08-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by root*children View Post

Has anyone had auctions pulled very recently? Asking this on Thursday, March 8. My last ones were left alone, just curious about others.
I bid on a used Mutt on the 5th (3 days ago) and it was pulled the same day, right after someone else bid on it- with 8 days left on the listing.

Molly, mama to my 3 sweet boys.
: : hale:
Old 03-08-2007, 12:02 PM

My lot of covers was pulled last Friday (the 2nd)...and now I've been on an ebay strike, so I haven't really watched for other pulls.

Midwife and mama in the Valley of the Sun

User Tag List