My Idea For A New Diaper - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-14-2007, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is cross posted from another thread. I got this idea while reading this thread:http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=129378

Here is my idea:
Quote:
So, I am having an idea : printing front and center on disposable diapers, and on diaper covers used with cloth diapers, "DO NOT RETRACT THE FORESKIN FOR ANY REASON" On the back of the diaper or cover, it could have a short explanation like "In prepubescent boys, the foreskin is likely to be fused to the glans for protection of those valuable parts. During that time, smegma may form, but it is natural and beneficial, as it can reduce the risk of infection and aid in healing one. When the time is right, his hormones will shift and the connection between the foreskin and glans will dissolve, allowing the foreskin to retract. Before that time, there is no benefit to forcing it to retract. Forced retractions are not necessary for any medical exams or procedures, or for hygiene, and may cause permanent harm."

This could inform parents and medical professionals.
So, now I am brainstorming. How do I get diaper manufacturers to print this on the diapers or diaper covers? Are there any crunchy diaper manufacturers I could start with who would likely be open to the idea? I can't imagine starting with Pampers or Huggies. I am thinking that those who manufacture diaper covers for cloth diapers would probably be more receptive.

I have no children yet, so I am not very versed in diaper types and companies.

I am going to cross post this in other places to get ideas.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 03-14-2007, 06:45 PM

Hmm, I may have to do this for the diaper ds wears to the Dr. Friday. They are ALWAYS trying to retract him for no reason whatsoever :
#3 of 7 Old 03-15-2007, 05:18 PM

You might be able to find a WAHM who would embroider "do not retract" on a cloth diaper.

This might be too long though:
Quote:
"In prepubescent boys, the foreskin is likely to be fused to the glans for protection of those valuable parts. During that time, smegma may form, but it is natural and beneficial, as it can reduce the risk of infection and aid in healing one. When the time is right, his hormones will shift and the connection between the foreskin and glans will dissolve, allowing the foreskin to retract. Before that time, there is no benefit to forcing it to retract. Forced retractions are not necessary for any medical exams or procedures, or for hygiene, and may cause permanent harm."

-Alice, SAHM to dd (2001) and ds (2004) each of whom was a homebirth.jpg, who each self-weaned at 4.5 years bfolderchild.gif, who both fambedsingle2.gif'd, who were bothcd.gif, and both: novaxnocirc.gif.   Also, gd.gif, and goorganic.jpg!

#4 of 7 Old 03-15-2007, 05:26 PM

I was actually planning on having something like that printed onto labels for ds when he goes to the church nursery. That way I can put them on whichever diapers he happens to be wearing that day.

Just your typical non-theistic, liberal, blended family.

Thank you, Mothering, for the past twelve years of support and community. I look forward to many more.
rocks.jpggrouphug.gif

#5 of 7 Old 03-15-2007, 07:10 PM - Thread Starter

The long part can go on the package of dipes, stickers, or patches.

#6 of 7 Old 03-15-2007, 07:12 PM

that is such a great idea!!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#7 of 7 Old 03-15-2007, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

And it can be printed on some cards inside the package so that you can hand them out to people who ask about the printing on the diaper.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page