FuzziBuns on Sale... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-29-2007, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If any one is in the market for some new FB - www.babybynature.com is clearing out their stock for $14.95 each.

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
#2 of 6 Old 03-29-2007, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Babybynature: Due to recent controversies over Fuzzi Bunz and their cost, we're clearing out our stock, and considering dropping them. If you are a huge FB fan, and want them to stay on, drop me a line and vote for them! Otherwise, feel free to enjoy the savings on them, while they last.
OK...I have no idea what the controversy is Can someone clue me in please?!
#3 of 6 Old 03-29-2007, 07:35 PM

As a former retailer , I can say that MANY people/customers were unhappy that the price went up... which in reality it didnt... but MOE is forcing you to buy their insert. There are several folks that actually don't like MOE inserts, whether b/c they don't like microterry or b/c they like other brands better. I happen to also sell my own brand of microterry, which many people prefered, for whatever reason. It is all up to what you like, which is why many people are frustrated by the new fuzzis that force you to spend $3 extra for their insert, which they may/may not particularly like.

From the perspective of retailer (and I speak for many retailers) , many fuzzi bunz retailers have dropped the line b/c they too were forced to purchase the inserts for RETAIL, whereas before we could buy wholesale and actually make a little profit from the sale. So, our cost went up $3 per dipe, but we now make LESS per sale of fuzzi bunz/MOE insert combo. When you consider how many colors/sizes you need to stock to have a well running operation, and then multiply that by $3 each... It really is no longer cost effective to stock them. We have to shell out a LOT of $$ to shelve adequate supplies, just to make the same lousy $4 per diaper, but NOT get to make anything on the insert.

Plus, a lot of retailers had their own inserts made to offer free as an insentive for shoppers to choose their store. So, we lost that advantage... plus we know how much it really costs to make those inserts, and really couldn't justify spending 5x what it really costs per insert.

To make matters worse, MOE has become irrational about how their graphics and logos are sized and displayed on people's websites. Some retailers have been removed from the MOE site b/c they have an inappropriately sized/placed fuzzi bunz graphic.

So, to answer your question... I cannot say whether the controversy is based upon the opinions of former retailers or upon unhappy customers. But the least I can offer is some of the things I have heard from my customers and fellow retailers.

I really can't say much more, though the story is indeed deeper.

FB is still a great product, but many people are not all that happy about the direction in which the company has gone in relation to their policies and practices. There are many other types of dipes out there and people are deciding to go with more ethical business practices.
#4 of 6 Old 03-30-2007, 01:00 AM

Thx for the explanation!
#5 of 6 Old 03-31-2007, 02:32 AM

Can you recommend another diaper for FB lovers?
#6 of 6 Old 03-31-2007, 10:37 AM

I like the ones that the montana diaper store is selling. YOu can get the multisized (pocket change), like fuzzi bunz, or the one size (haute pockets) , like BG.

Here is a link: http://www.mtdiaperstore.com/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page