nighttime leaks - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2007, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everyone. We use 7th Gen disposables : which we are happy with during the day, but lately DS seems to be waking up wet through his pj's a few days a week. Anyone have a great solution for this? I know the mainstream dipe companies make "overnight" diapers but I am reluctant to use the bleached ones...Maybe there's a solution from the world of CD-ing?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2007, 09:20 PM

My son is a heavy wetter at night and the only thing i have found to work is a fuzzi bunz with a microterry insert and a hemparoo insert. it seems to be absorbant enough for him but the diaper is really heavy by morning. You can also use the dipes you are using and put some wool or fleece longies on him. It will wick away the moisture and he won't feel wet nd your bed won't get wet. Good luck

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

Old 03-31-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen&james View Post
My son is a heavy wetter at night and the only thing i have found to work is a fuzzi bunz with a microterry insert and a hemparoo insert. it seems to be absorbant enough for him but the diaper is really heavy by morning. You can also use the dipes you are using and put some wool or fleece longies on him. It will wick away the moisture and he won't feel wet nd your bed won't get wet. Good luck
That's what I was going to suggest- a soaker over the diaper. You might be able to find something fairly cheap on the TP. GL!

Ali, mama to my amazing Arabella 1/14/06
Newly married to Patrick love.gif Expecting someone new in April!
Old 03-31-2007, 10:23 PM

moved to diapering
Old 04-01-2007, 02:49 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
I always put dd in fleece jammies or pants or wool longies and a shirt. Sometimes if I know she's been sucking down the fluids I will diaper her as usual but with a wool soaker and then fleece jammies on top. I HATE getting up int he middle of the night to change my clothing and hers and the sheets. UGH!

Meg

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

Old 04-01-2007, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I've been putting him in the fleece pj's, which keeps him relatively dry, but am thinking ahead to summer when he'll probably be in just a onesie! He was wet again this morning--I just figure, I'd hate feeling wet when I woke up--even though he doesn't seem to notice!

User Tag List