So just bought my first batch of CD's - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-10-2007, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'v been wanting to for a while but was so set on needing the AIO or fancy pockets for ease that I had to keep putting it off because of the $$. Well I gave in and decided on prefolds and was amazed with how cheap they are. I bought 24 UBCPF, 4 prorap covers, 2 bummis super whisper wraps, and 6 snappis all for less than I would spend on 2 months worth of disposables. And I am figuring that these cloths will last me pretty much until dd is potty trained (she's 6 months now).
Is there anything else I should get though? I am planning on ordering some fitted in the next few weeks when I get another paycheck and maybe some other covers (like pull on or wool). Anything else? What about having an AIO or pocket for on the go changes? Or do you just use prefolds on the go as well?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-10-2007, 02:33 PM

Congrats! It sounds like you have most everything you need. We've only been using cloth for a couple months now, and I was surprised at how easy pfs/covers are. But I haven't had much success with them at night or outings (so we're still in sposies then). I almost bought a few pockets, but decided at the last minute to try and make what we already have work, so instead I have bought some hemp stuffins and staydry microfibre doublers. I can't wait for them to get here so I can try them out!!
#3 of 3 Old 04-10-2007, 04:20 PM

Sounds like you are set! The only thing I could think of would be some doublers for extra absorbancy, but really you could just fold up another PF and stick it in there (We do that a lot with my toddler dd) Yay! I think you'll love it! Prefolds are super easy and dry SO fast!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page