Mothering Forum banner

Urgent diaper rash help needed

674 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Isaacs_mom 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
My daughter gets crazy bad rashes. I've had to give her tylenol to help her get through them probably 3 or 4 times because she's had those same screaming issues. For us they are always a result of loose bowel movements (like from teething) or eating/drinking something she shouldn't (she cant have any kind of fruit juice). For healing, if its bad I use antibiotic cream like neosporin (the kind w/ pain reliever) and then powder on the unopen areas (for my DD the zinc cream makes her scream so much). Lots of "air time" helps too.

For comfort - luke warm water baths with no bubble bath or soap in the water at all, and super soft cloth wipes (I generally dunk it in some cool water, squeeze it over the area and then just pat a few times and let it air dry for a moment before re-diapering)

I don't know the exact circumstances of your nephew's rash, but my DD had one in disposables and still had them in cloth so it wasnt anything to do with the cloth diapers for us. I hope he starts to feel better soon!

#3 ·
My nephew is back from the ped and I posted the dx and photos in the other thread. Allergic reaction to the sposies and then a secondary bacterial infection. It's really bad. He's getting lots of air time and mild washes but even after 2-3 days out of sposies he was getting redder and then starting to blister. They didn't have the pain relieving cream here so we used the teething gel with the same ingredient for his bum and it really helped the pain, but didn't help long term.

#4 ·
poor lil guy
Its so scary when it keeps getting worse and you cant figure out why.
When my DD got her first "juice rash" she had been drinking juice for a few months with no problems and all of a sudden it was giving her a rash. I didnt think of it because she'd been drinking it for so long already so kept giving it to her. (we just weaned so she was always wanting a bottle which made it worse) We were a day from taking her to the pediatrician at most when she started to clear up from the neosporin and air time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.