Do you think I have a compression leak? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-19-2007, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I put my 10 month old down in a Kissaluvz with Kisssaluvs doubler and put a med Deluxe Fleece Stacianator over it....

She slept for 3.5 hours.

When I went and got her up, her sheet was a little damp...and the out side of her cover was a little damp as well....The KL was wet through only on one side of the back of the fitted....

So what was my problem....Was the KL not enough absorbancy so I got a compression leak? Or does my does my Stacionator need to be water proofed some?

I think I have some dryer sheets...
#2 of 6 Old 06-20-2007, 12:14 AM

I have never waterproofed my Stac deluxe fleece and have never had any wicking whatsoever. It is my cover of choice at night because ds can go the entire night in it and the fitted will be drenched in the morning but the sheets completely dry. Could it have wicked/leaked out of a leg hole?? Sounds to me like she just saturated one spot, so maybe it was just too much for the cover to handle, particularly if the fitted couldn't absorb it quick enough. Just guessing here, I'm sure one of the more experienced mamas will know exactly what's going on.
#3 of 6 Old 06-20-2007, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

I don't think it came out of the leg, I checked and the fleece around the legs and top of the cover were dry feeling, just the bum was damp...

This really has thrown me for a loop..

I keep trying things that are supposed to be great for nighttime but she soaks it in 3.5 hours....
#4 of 6 Old 06-20-2007, 12:29 AM

I"ve never tried a stacinator, I make my own diapers, and and even with very thick high quality fleece, my baby had compression leaks.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of fleece, because if you have a heavy wetter, and not quite enough absorbant layers, the fleece will let moisture through.

You could try washing your fleece in something that has a little bit of fabric softener in it, because fabric softener helps coat the fibers a little bit. (Be sure it's only your fleece outers though.)

But personally, I'm a bigger fan of wool.
#5 of 6 Old 06-20-2007, 04:12 AM

KLs are also infamous for not being very absorbent, especially for how bulky they are. I'd try a wool soaker (like Aristocrats) for naps and bedtime and maybe even get some heavy-duty night diapers, like the Very Baby Basic Nights. We have the bamboo version and they're the only thing that has worked with DS--he's always been a super heavy wetter. Also see this thread. HTH!
#6 of 6 Old 06-20-2007, 05:30 PM

I think it is just the fleece, I have never tried stac's but I also make my own dipes and I have one that has a fleece outer and it lasts for a couple of hours, but no more. Even my husband alerts me when he has put it on ds so that we remember not to let it go too long. Really, it doesn't get wet or leak right through, it just gets kind of damp.

Compression leak - sounds like auto repair

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page