using prefolds exclusivley? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-08-2007, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi. I have been using prefolds on 2month old ds exclusivley with BSWW's. I really like how they are working and nothing makes me happier as when i fold that diaper and snappi it and admire my handiwork!!! He is ready for a next diaper size now and I am exploring my options. Do snappied prefolds work well on crawling, moving around babies? I want to stick with the same system, but maybe add in some wool covers, or fleece. Is anyone using only prefolds on their babies and do they work well at night with the wool covers? And how do fleece covers compare to wool?

caffix.gif

#2 of 5 Old 07-08-2007, 11:43 AM

I had some fitteds in nb size but since my baby was about 2 weeks old all we have used are prefolds.

Right now we are using pul covers during the day and wool wraps at night, but for the first year and a half we used wool exclusively. IME prefolds and wool are a great match! It is such a nice, simple, natural system. At night I add a trifolded preemie ipf as a doubler. We've never had a leak or a blowout, and ds has never had a diaper rash.

I actually prefer pins to a snappi. With a snappi I had a hard time getting a really secure fit. That said, with pins I didn't notice any difference moving from one size to the next or as ds became more active. So if snappis work for you now you should continue to be fine. The only thing about snappis, as you probably already know, if that you must use a cover. Especially with crawling babies, they will snag all over everything.

treehugger.gif homemaker mama to jumpers.gif and stork-boy.gif due in March

#3 of 5 Old 07-08-2007, 12:23 PM

We also have used prefolds exclusively for our almost one year old. now i am looking in to some pockets or all in ones because of the crawling, walking, sqiurming has made -prefold, snappi, cover- diaper changes too long for her to hold still.
#4 of 5 Old 07-08-2007, 12:24 PM

I use prefolds and flats exclusively with my crawling 7.5-month-old with no trouble. We use mostly wool during the day, and always use wool at night (the other daytime covers we use are the g-diaper covers . . . my ds is sensitive to PUL, but does fine with nylon). I have no interest in using fitted diapers. They're harder to clean, take longer to dry, are more expensive, and can't possibly fit every baby equally well the way flats/prefolds do. I prefer to spend the $$ on nice wool covers since that's the part I see anyway.

Fleece covers are fine enough, but I prefer wool. Fleece isn't as leakproof as wool.

HTH!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 4, 5, 7, 8, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
#5 of 5 Old 07-08-2007, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mamas, for your great advice!!!

caffix.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page