Diaper Champ with cloth diapers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-10-2007, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is it fine/good to use a diaper champ with cloth diapers? Also, can a wet bag fit in there, and where do I get one?
#2 of 11 Old 07-10-2007, 10:06 AM

We have a Diaper Champ and you can get them at Target, Babies R Us, Walmart (?). How ever, it works best when the diaper is wrapped in a tight ball, such as you do with disposables. My diapers kept getting stuck in the drum thing that pushes the diaper through, so we'd have to open it, get it unstuck and go on about our way. We always keep going back to a hanging bag becaue it didn't take so long. (I made 2 out of a yard of pul fabric I ordered from the one stop diaper shop). I would skip the diaper champ and just use one of those. You can also get a hanging wet bag from any cloth diaper store online. I like Cottonbabies and Abby's Lane. Just be sure that you look at the size of the bag to be sure it will hold what you want it to hold.
#3 of 11 Old 07-10-2007, 10:14 AM

I agree with CalebsMome. We have a Diaper Champ since we used that before we switched to cloth. It is advertised to "accept" cloth diapers, which it does, but they do get stuck a lot. It really doesn't seem to hold a lot of diapers either...I guess because of the way the bag hangs or something. I can't wait to get something else. It's driving me nuts!

Wife to J, SAHM to W (03/06) ribboncesarean.gif at 32w4d, C (10/08) ribboncesarean.gif, and H (02/11) ribboncesarean.gif

#4 of 11 Old 07-10-2007, 11:39 AM

hmmm...I think I'll take the Diaper champ off my registry.
#5 of 11 Old 07-10-2007, 11:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just get a drywall pail with a lid from Home Depot. or a cheap garbage can. works fine for us (though I recommend one of the net bags--take to machine, turn inside out, all dipes go into the machine, no touching them!)

DD 01/2007, DS 09/2011

#6 of 11 Old 07-10-2007, 02:37 PM

We got a Diaper Champ because it said it worked with cloth diapers, but it really doesn't. Now we use a hanging wetbag instead.
#7 of 11 Old 09-12-2007, 07:21 PM

bumping this thread to ask:

where do i buy a wetbag that fits in a diaper champ? i have no problem getting my bumgenius dipes to fit in it, i just dont have a bag for it right now.

Heavily tattooed and Dready Mama to my girls. YES we are STILL NURSING! love to and
#8 of 11 Old 09-13-2007, 04:29 AM

I've been using old kingsized pillowcases (got them at the thrift store) to line my diaperchamp... Working great for me.

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

#9 of 11 Old 09-13-2007, 02:02 PM

I tried a Bummis XL wet bag, but it didn't work. The fabric is too thick for the lid to close properly. We gave up and switched to hanging the wet bag, which works best for us.

The pillowcase idea sounds promising.

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.
#10 of 11 Old 09-13-2007, 03:05 PM

When I still used my Diaper Champ I sed pillow cases from the thrift store too. Just regular ones, for like 50 cents or so. Then it went into the wash with the diapers and a new one went in its place. We didn't go with a wet bag until we gave the DC away and just used a regular kitchen garbage can with a lid, which works much better.
#11 of 11 Old 09-13-2007, 05:50 PM

The down-side to the diaper champ is that it seems to hold the smell more than a trash can or bucket. I used my diaper champ for disposables, and then cloth with a wet bag, and still I had an odor problem.

Married to Michael and Mother of Jake 9, Jillianne 7, Jensen 5, Jacen 4. I've got severe osteoporosis, a fractured hip and chronic pain-so please be patient with me! Pagan,Crocheter,Reader,Homeschooler- that's me in a nutshell.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page