I need help with my fuzzibunz - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-04-2003, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there,

Our baby was born almost two weeks ago and I've just started trying to use our Fuzzibunz in the last couple of days. Unfortunately, they are repelling like crazy! The pee just runs out of the leg holes, but the prefold (infant ubcpf) is totally dry. I am washing them in sensi clean so I wouldn't think build up would be a problem.

Do I need to break the FB in for them to work? We've washed them twice each so far. I bought them in the summer of 2001 and they are the rounded tabed ones.

They aren't tight around the legs, but they look like they fit okay (our baby is about 8 pounds now), but when I pour water on the fleece it definitely repells. The water pools and doesn't go through at all.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I have 8 of these diapers

Thanks so much!

Jenica - Mom to Emily (6), Josiah (3), and Ella (born June 21st!!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 07-04-2003, 08:24 PM

Jenica, did you buy them new? The co. did go through a period of time where they had repelling fleece and nothing could get through that fleece. Did you get them off ebay or from a retailer. I would definitely contact Fuzzi Bunz's Product Support as they have been doing a lot of replacing of defective diapers lately. It would be awful to have 8 new FBs that don't work.

When FBs work they are WONDERFUL, when they don't work, they can be your worst nightmare.

I would try a different cleaner though - Sensiclean, I have heard, is good for cleaning here and there. I'm not sure any mommas here use it as a regular detergent, but I could most definitely be wrong on that one as well.

Mommas? Anyone out there use Sensiclean in this way?
#3 of 9 Old 07-05-2003, 12:25 AM

Well, I don't have experience with Fuzzibunz and Sensi-clean, but personally, I don't think it gets the diapers clean. Could be the stains, I'm just picky

I second Heather's recommendation to contact the company, if these are from the repelling period, from what I understand, nothing will help.

You might try changing detergents or doing a stripping...maybe the fleece is repelling from the chemicals during fleece manufacture?
#4 of 9 Old 07-05-2003, 12:39 AM

I remember seeing something about how to fix FB on the Fuzzi Bunz website. I know there was a washing process listed there. I use sports was once a month on my FB's. If you got them off Ebay or as seconds I would strip them. I mean we never know how others care for their dipes. Who knows they could have been washed in dreft!
I would check out the website and run through the wash fix described.

Shelly- www.hyenacart.com/tyedyedreams 12 years and going strong Bleed free prefolds, flats and clothes
#5 of 9 Old 07-05-2003, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I emailed their service department. These are brand new FB, so hopefully they can help me out!

Jenica
#6 of 9 Old 07-05-2003, 05:40 PM

Let us know how you fare!
#7 of 9 Old 07-19-2003, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter

Hi! I thought I'd send an update. I contacted MOE. They had me send back the offending FB. Within a week I had brand new, non repelling diapers! I am very happy

Jenica - Mom to Emily (6), Josiah (3) and Ella (born June 21st!!!)
#8 of 9 Old 07-20-2003, 10:07 AM

Ok, this seems like a perfect place to ask my question. I am collecting a stash of FB to use with my dd who will be born in December. Should I test them for absorbtion before she is born. I would hate to get her home during the holidays with my 2 older dds and have frustration of leaky diapers. This might make me go back to 'sposies .

If so, how do I go about tesing for it, pouring water in the middle and seeing what happens? Help............
#9 of 9 Old 07-20-2003, 10:17 AM

To test them take a dropper and place it ON the fabric and then let it all out. If it goes in your good to go! I have been told to not test from a distance but to put it right on the fleece like a baby would when they are peeing, it has something to do with the way fleece works. Good Luck!
Sandi

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page