I * ordered * firefly * dipes!! Yay! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 07-05-2003, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm so excited!

I felt like a bit of a dork on the phone, having to ask a lot of questions. Then I forgot what I was talking about. I wonder why I was so nervous! Is it because Lori is The Fuzmama? tee hee.

These and some Freshies! I ordered will be my first fluffy mail in the new location. (did I mention we're moving -- )

This was a big purchase, my first real big purchase since starting out with cloth. But DH *needs* some more fitteds.

Meg/jmunch, look what you've done to me!
xoxo pam
#2 of 24 Old 07-05-2003, 02:35 PM

#3 of 24 Old 07-05-2003, 02:40 PM

Yay! Go you! What all did you order??

Quote:
Is it because Lori is The Fuzmama?
Yes! The time I called her to ask her something I was even dorkier and just outright told her I was intimidated to be talking to The Fuzmama! She laughed and told me not to be and she is really nice and easy to talk to!
#4 of 24 Old 07-05-2003, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

I got five organic cotton dipes in colors and one natural hemp/cotton.

Can you believe I just did that? What Have I Done!! ??
#5 of 24 Old 07-05-2003, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pamelamama
This was a big purchase, my first real big purchase since starting out with cloth. But DH *needs* some more fitteds.
:LOL I assume you mean DS

Hey! I just ordered and Ultraviolet Firefly and a Sleeptight...had to try out that glow in the dark serging and snaps : I also went down a size and I'm a bit nervous. Lori assured me she felt Finn could wear a small. Pamela...we might need to remeasure for my next soakers! Finn is shrinking

And can I say I am so jealous you and Meg got to get together?!?! I wish you were moving to Texas instead of Seattle.
#6 of 24 Old 07-05-2003, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

No, Wendy, I meant DH!! DS is happy with his prefolds! Daddy always reaches for the fitteds!

Oh, OK, it's mama who wants to try something fancy and new!

If I wasn't so flustered on the phone, I would have probably ordered a sleeptight as well. What's the ultraviolet?

I want to meet you too, Wendy, IRL! I'll mail myself to you with the next soaker? Or perhaps you'd like to reserve a spot in my guest room?

xoxo pam
#7 of 24 Old 07-05-2003, 03:14 PM

Quote:
No, Wendy, I meant DH!! DS is happy with his prefolds! Daddy always reaches for the fitteds!
am
Oh! I get it now

That's why I keep AIO's on hand...mostly for dh :

I'll reserve a spot in your guest room! We'd love to visit the Northwest
#8 of 24 Old 07-05-2003, 05:07 PM

:LOL Flustered to talk to Lori? Have we moved her up to goddess status? Well OF COURSE we have! :LOL

I'm soooo wanting more BuzFuz . . . I know everyone talks about FireFly, but boy are those BuzFuz absorbent. Anyone have both that can do a comparison for me?
#9 of 24 Old 07-05-2003, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HeatherSanders
I'm soooo wanting more BuzFuz . . . I know everyone talks about FireFly, but boy are those BuzFuz absorbent. Anyone have both that can do a comparison for me?
No, but I will soon

I'll report back....
#10 of 24 Old 07-05-2003, 05:35 PM

I was nervous talking to Lori, too- but she was so nice to talk to when I ordered my Fireflies.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#11 of 24 Old 07-05-2003, 11:51 PM

Pam - how exciting! I love my Fireflys. Love love love 'em.

Heather - I think the buzfuz are more absorbant, but I prefer the fit of the Fireflys and the quick dry feature. And the rainbow of colors.

Wendy - ultra violet is my favorite. I am interested to hear whether the small Firefly works for Finn.
#12 of 24 Old 07-05-2003, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

ultra violet?? please, elaborate
??

nak
#13 of 24 Old 07-06-2003, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by milk4two
Wendy - ultra violet is my favorite. I am interested to hear whether the small Firefly works for Finn.
I can't wait...it sounds gorgeous! I'll let you know if the small fits. I'm a wee bit nervous going to a small <imagine nail biting smilie here>

Pamela...ultraviolet is just a firefly color in the purple spectrum. Sounds yummy, huh? I'll post pics when it arrives.
#14 of 24 Old 07-06-2003, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by WendyLouWho
ultraviolet is just a firefly color in the purple spectrum.
I was thinking maybe it did something like glow... for some reason I remembered those "glow in black light" posters... I knew it couldn't really be that.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#15 of 24 Old 07-06-2003, 12:41 AM

Quote:
but boy are those BuzFuz absorbent. Anyone have both that can do a comparison for me?
I think the Buzfuz, especially when you use the doubler with it, is more absorbant. But not so much so that I would call the hemp firefly ... unabsorbant.
#16 of 24 Old 07-06-2003, 01:39 AM

Hey thanks . . . because Kenny's little chubster legs fit wonderfully in his BuzFuz and boy does stay feeling dry . . . literally on the inside and outside . . . the 'soaker' does its job well!
#17 of 24 Old 07-06-2003, 01:53 AM

i so want a firefly but i am too afraid it will fit my chubba bubba wrong ...... so i dont buy any..... but congrats on your new purchase....... :LOL
#18 of 24 Old 07-06-2003, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Hmm.. I am worried that I should have ordered differently. My order isn't due to go out until Tuesday. Maybe I should call back and have her add a small FF (for size comparison -- if it is too small, I send it to my sis), a buzfuz (to compare absorbancy, and I've never seen one anyway) and a sleeptight (gotta see that glow in the dark).

Is this ridiculous? I should just wait until my order comes first, right. Maybe I'll finally want the garden set, so I can order the extras with that, right.

Slow down, Pamela. Put the credit card BACK in the wallet.

xoo
p
#19 of 24 Old 07-06-2003, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Hmm.. I am worried that I should have ordered differently. My order isn't due to go out until Tuesday. Maybe I should call back and have her add a small FF (for size comparison -- if it is too small, I send it to my sis), a buzfuz (to compare absorbancy, and I've never seen one anyway) and a sleeptight (gotta see that glow in the dark).

Is this ridiculous?
Okay Pamela...deep breath! Deep breath!

Really...how big is Eli? When I talked to Lori, she encouraged me to get the small. I'm sure if you talked about Eli's size/weight, she wouldn't steer you wrong.

Finn is 20# and shrinking, 16" waist and I got her the small. To be honest, I'm really nervous about it! What if it doesn't fit?!?! I'm used to her wearing mediums and larges, so it just sounds so odd to get a small.

About adding other diapers to your order, well, um...wouldn't it be fun to see little Eli glowing in the dark? And the buzfuz is sooo absorbant! And just think...if you order more with the garden, you'll have to wait a month or so to get it! I'm just a bad influence :
#20 of 24 Old 07-07-2003, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WendyLouWho
Okay Pamela...deep breath! Deep breath!

Really...how big is Eli? When I talked to Lori, she encouraged me to get the small. I'm sure if you talked about Eli's size/weight, she wouldn't steer you wrong.

Finn is 20# and shrinking, 16" waist and I got her the small. To be honest, I'm really nervous about it! What if it doesn't fit?!?! I'm used to her wearing mediums and larges, so it just sounds so odd to get a small.

About adding other diapers to your order, well, um...wouldn't it be fun to see little Eli glowing in the dark? And the buzfuz is sooo absorbant! And just think...if you order more with the garden, you'll have to wait a month or so to get it! I'm just a bad influence :
Hey Wendy,
Maggie is 21 lbs and fits the small firefly at the last snap setting. We've moved up to larges and they fit her well, although a little big in the rise. The small is more of a bikini cut, iykwim.....I am selling the smalls because I figure the large will fit thru the rest of Maggies diapering days.

Chris Mama of J, A, C and M
Surromama of four
#21 of 24 Old 07-18-2003, 09:51 PM

Pam, Wendy, do you have your diapers yet? What do you think?
#22 of 24 Old 07-19-2003, 10:27 AM

Wendy-- the small should fit fine. Xander is 14 months and weighs 23-24 pounds, and they fit comfortably on the largest snap setting. I think the larges would swamp him. I actually ordered the smalls for the new baby, and was shocked at the size range. When on the tightest snap setting, they're the same size as a NB fuz fitted, so I imagine they'll get a lot of wear!

Wendy
Dagny 5/3/99
Faith 9/13/00
Xander 5/3/02
And a new someone due 11/27/03!
#23 of 24 Old 07-19-2003, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Fireflies are fabulous. Prefolds are taking a little rest for a while!

The larges fit on the smallest snap setting, not the crossover. Eli is 20#. He's tall and not that fat. He's almost eight months.

They are great because they don't seem to be "soaked" even when they are wet. I am a very frequent changer, but for long outings, it seems they really keep the wet in the diaper and not on the baby, even without a fleece liner.

They gap ever so slightly around the leg opening. Wendy, you'll surely be fine with the smalls. When you come over, you can try the largeon for size.

oxox pam a
#24 of 24 Old 07-19-2003, 11:23 PM

Thanks for all the encouragment on my smalls, I'm much more confident of my choice now.

I can't wait to test out that large when I come over, Pamela

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page