Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://busyparentsonline.com/naturalfamily/index.htm
#2 of 48 Old 07-07-2003, 11:41 PM

thanks for ticking me off all over again.. I really gotta get rid of those FB's..
#3 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 12:06 AM

Although I believe we each definitely have strong opinions on this subject (or at the least are trying to figure out just where we fit into this 'schoolyard' dilemma), I want to remind anyone responding to this thread that we have had to move threads concerning this debate before and if this becomes a 'boycotting' style thread, this too will be moved to Activism or 'off the board' if it violates Forum Guidelines.
#4 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 01:22 AM

#5 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 01:57 AM

"Cloth diaper consumers come in all shapes and sizes, but the majority of the women participating in online cloth diapering communities are the sweet mommy type. These are the women who make me gag and roll my eyes; the women I secretly admire. They can most easily be recognized by their e-mail signature lines, the ones that read, "Megan, loving wife to Mitch; Mommy of Madison (3/96), Marvin (6/98), Manny (2/00) and Moe (5/02)." They all have husbands and a tribe of perfect children. They bake cookies from scratch (that are actually edible) and bake them even when it isn't a holiday. Worse, some of them know how to bake healthy, vegan cookies that taste surprisingly good, something I've never figured out how to do. They sew and scrapbook and have souls of sugar."

Oh, how I wish that were totally true it's funny though that someone would think that about most CD mommies :LOL

in reality it should read: (at least for me)

The mommies who have mountains of laundry but diapers are always washed and folded, not that they stay folded for very long b/c the kiddos have them from one end of the house to another. Their houses are messy most of the time, when it is clean it's for company. They hardly ever buy thier kids' clothes b/c it would not only cover those diapers but also take away from diaper spending money. The women who will spend countless hours at the computer to nab "just one" elusive diaper....those crazy ladies who have nothing better to talk about than poop and pee all day long, and who hope their children never potty train so they can continue to buy diapers. :LOL
#6 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rwikene

The mommies who have mountains of laundry but diapers are always washed and folded, not that they stay folded for very long b/c the kiddos have them from one end of the house to another. Their houses are messy most of the time, when it is clean it's for company. They hardly ever buy thier kids' clothes b/c it would not only cover those diapers but also take away from diaper spending money. The women who will spend countless hours at the computer to nab "just one" elusive diaper....those crazy ladies who have nothing better to talk about than poop and pee all day long, and who hope their children never potty train so they can continue to buy diapers. :LOL
Ohhh, that's me to a T, mama!

:LOL
#7 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 02:55 AM

Oops, there's one part that isn't me...

Quote:
They hardly ever buy thier kids' clothes b/c it would not only cover those diapers but also take away from diaper spending money.
I'm addicted to eBay, so I buy too much clothing too.
#8 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 04:54 AM

As I was reading the "real" CDing mama description, my ds went running past me waving his clean diapers in the air and squealing. LOL. I went over at his diaper stacking area to see all of his clean, previously stacked, dipes scattered among his mega blocks, on the bed, down the hall...everywhere.

Oh, the timing was spectacular. lol

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

#9 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 08:39 AM

Yes, I would agree that we could all write our own personal, true description of ourselves as cloth diapering mommas.

But hey, if someone wants to label me a Betty Crocker, I won't fight it and I'll warm up a Hot Pocket for them when they come over! :LOL
#10 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 08:54 AM

Interesting article; I'm impressed that she wrote it w/o taking sides. It will be interesting to see if it brings further attention to the debate.
#11 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 09:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
and I'll warm up a Hot Pocket for them when they come over! :LOL
and serve it to them on our fine china (i.e. a paper plate)
#12 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 09:16 AM

soul of sugar my a$$.

i thought it was pretty well-written, aside from her gross generalization about the type of woman who cloth diapers.
#13 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
That nice, well-meaning author has no idea what a bitchy lunatic I am regardless of cloth diapering! LOL!! I hate scrapbooking, I do cook a mean frozen pizza, and rarely fold diapers (I leave them in the laundry basket unless company is coming). I too spend way too much time on the computer looking for the latest and greatest diaper. And though I choose not to think too much about the patent thing, though it may affect me someday.

I feel for the reseller wahms who are caught in the middle. They are at the mercy of customers who talk about boycots on either side, and I'm sure they wonder if they'll ever get rid of all their stock. Or if HH sell well for them, that they'll be forced to no longer wholesale them. OTOH, all this talk may just spurr business. Either way, I'd be concerned!
#14 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lkblair
Interesting article; I'm impressed that she wrote it w/o taking sides. It will be interesting to see if it brings further attention to the debate.
Did I read the right article? To me, it was pretty clear whose side she was on. Or did I not pick up sarcasm on your post?

Oh, and I'm bemused that a site called "Busy Parent" or whatever published a gossip column like that. Sorry, busy parents only read their tabloids while standing in line at the grocery store!
#15 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lazydaisy
Did I read the right article? To me, it was pretty clear whose side she was on. Or did I not pick up sarcasm on your post?
Honestly, it didn't seem to me that she tooks sides when I read it the first time. In re-reading, I can see that she does seem to lean to one side over the other, but she is still pretty even-handed, IMHO. I don't think she was insulting to either side, though it would have been a better article if more details had been discussed. The one place she gets a little persnickity is talking about the diaper-buying mammas. I'd love to know how many of us actually fit in that little stereotypical mold of hers; I know I sure as heck don't!
#16 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 10:31 AM

:LOL @ the real CD mommy !

I have to say, I have tried to stay out of this debate... and while I use both lines of diapers, I feel that this whole thing is getting out of control.

Let me just ask each and everyone of you who think MoE is out of line 1 question.

If you had a product that YOU invented, and you got a patent on it.... wouldn't you want to make the money you were due?

Now think on that before answering.

I personally would want 'my due' if it was me.. so I don't think she is in the wrong.

HOWEVER, I do feel that her patent does not apply to ALL pocket diapers.

Her patent clearly states SNAPS, so everyone using aplix/velcro should not be affected by this patent.

Unfortunately, I think it will come down to who has more money to pay the attorney's in the long run
#17 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 10:40 AM

Quote:
i thought it was pretty well-written, aside from her gross generalization about the type of woman who cloth diapers.
Ditto
#18 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by JodiM

Let me just ask each and everyone of you who think MoE is out of line 1 question.

If you had a product that YOU invented, and you got a patent on it.... wouldn't you want to make the money you were due?
Sure - if I *invented* something.
#19 of 48 Old 07-08-2003, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JodiM

Now think on that before answering.

I personally would want 'my due' if it was me.. so I don't think she is in the wrong.

Of course I would, if *I* invented the concept. That doesn't seem to be the case here.
#20 of 48 Old 07-12-2003, 08:24 PM

Thank you all for stopping by and reading my column. I really enjoyed reading your comments. You are all great fun! Pass the Hot Pockets, will ya?

Bridgett
#21 of 48 Old 07-12-2003, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

#22 of 48 Old 07-12-2003, 09:30 PM

>>If you had a product that YOU invented, and you got a patent on it.... wouldn't you want to make the money you were due?<<

I understand Tereson must feel pretty deflated and frustrated after all the money and effort that getting a patent must have taken, but at the end of the day there were snap and velcro pocket diapers prior to fuzzibunz (I've owned a couple of different ones) and therefore noone has even a moral obligation IMO to honour the patent (let alone a legal obligation).

I read the article, I haven't re-read it and don't remember if it had a particular spin. I think the CD mamas comment was a little tongue in cheek.
#23 of 48 Old 07-12-2003, 09:37 PM

Such a pocket dipe fan! When you say hot pocket I think of a diaper that needs a changing in a PU-"wow that's toxic waste" kinda way.
#24 of 48 Old 07-12-2003, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rwikene
[COLOR=purple]

The mommies who have mountains of laundry but diapers are always washed and folded, not that they stay folded for very long b/c the kiddos have them from one end of the house to another. Their houses are messy most of the time, when it is clean it's for company.

THIS IS ME
I do make the boys clothing and my own.....

Another thing we need to add

Ladies who don't sleep they go to work when the kids go to sleep get up with the kids, sometimes going one 3 hours of sleep...LOL

Liz
#25 of 48 Old 07-12-2003, 10:41 PM

I never heard about it before, because I haven't been on the boards for a while. What a shame. Not all pocket dipes fit the same, and for a patent to put on all pocket diapers, means that I won't be able to get any more. I had true problems with my FB on my ds. I am very disappointed by all of this.

Beth
#26 of 48 Old 07-12-2003, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bridgett
Thank you all for stopping by and reading my column. I really enjoyed reading your comments. You are all great fun! Pass the Hot Pockets, will ya?

Bridgett
HEY! Glad to have you Bridgett . . . lively gang here, but in spite of our 3 hour night-time naps, our messy houses, our inability to actually keep up with flylady : and our lack of desire to make vegan brownies - WE ARE A COOL CROWD OF CLOTH CONNOISSEURS!
#27 of 48 Old 07-12-2003, 11:53 PM

Quote:
"Cloth diaper consumers come in all shapes and sizes, but the majority of the women participating in online cloth diapering communities are the sweet mommy type. These are the women who make me gag and roll my eyes; the women I secretly admire. They can most easily be recognized by their e-mail signature lines, the ones that read, "Megan, loving wife to Mitch; Mommy of Madison (3/96), Marvin (6/98), Manny (2/00) and Moe (5/02)." They all have husbands and a tribe of perfect children. They bake cookies from scratch (that are actually edible) and bake them even when it isn't a holiday. Worse, some of them know how to bake healthy, vegan cookies that taste surprisingly good, something I've never figured out how to do. They sew and scrapbook and have souls of sugar."
I saw this brought up in the other thread that was put in Activism. The whole article was so good, it's too bad this paragraph ruined it.

But maybe I'm lacking the ability to be tongue in cheek lately?

My Dh knows how to make mint brownies with eggs, white processed granulated sugar, enriched bleached white flour....:LOL
#28 of 48 Old 07-13-2003, 02:06 AM

Quote:
They all have husbands and a tribe of perfect children. They bake cookies from scratch (that are actually edible) and bake them even when it isn't a holiday. Worse, some of them know how to bake healthy, vegan cookies that taste surprisingly good, something I've never figured out how to do. They sew and scrapbook and have souls of sugar."
So if i cant bake/cook and dont scrapbook... do i have to give up my cd'ing license??? :LOL
#29 of 48 Old 07-13-2003, 03:15 AM

That's me, too! Around here 'from scratch' means I opened a mix and added water, oil and egg.

Quote:
Originally posted by HeatherSanders
Yes, I would agree that we could all write our own personal, true description of ourselves as cloth diapering mommas.

But hey, if someone wants to label me a Betty Crocker, I won't fight it and I'll warm up a Hot Pocket for them when they come over! :LOL
#30 of 48 Old 07-13-2003, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lkblair
Honestly, it didn't seem to me that she tooks sides when I read it the first time. In re-reading, I can see that she does seem to lean to one side over the other, but she is still pretty even-handed, IMHO. I don't think she was insulting to either side, though it would have been a better article if more details had been discussed. The one place she gets a little persnickity is talking about the diaper-buying mammas. I'd love to know how many of us actually fit in that little stereotypical mold of hers; I know I sure as heck don't!

Actually I think she was definitely on the anti-FB side because of this part:

"Trying to patent a diaper is like trying to patent sex -- absolutely ludicrous. Can you imagine someone saying, "I invented the missionary position!" Not likely. But members of the cloth diapering community have been at each other's throats due to one woman's proclamation that she invented the pocket diaper. This would be really funny if it weren't for the fact that the United States Patent and Trademark Office actually approved the patent. Yes, you heard right. There is now a patent for a pocket diaper."

It was interesting reading, though. Thanks for posting this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page