LOVING the blueberries . . . - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-28-2007, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The Bluberry Diapers that is!

I was intrigued by the Minky idea because baby ds is sensitive to PUL. He gets a rash on his thighs (so outside the diaper) from the PUL rubbing against his chub (he's quite chubby). It chaps his skin. So he's been in wool for a few months, and he does great in it. But wool is just too bulky under pants for me, and ds was becoming very difficult to diaper (I was pinning flats under the wool, and now that he's crawling it was starting to feel a bit dangerous), and so I was really wishing I could put him in some pockets . . .

. . . And along came the blueberry minky side-snapping pockets. Hooray! They fit ds perfectly (he's in a medium at 21ish pounds and 8 months (and chubby)), and they're SO SOFT. Definitely no worries of his legs getting rashy from these! My four-year-olds keep petting the baby's bum and saying, "oh, wow, mom. This is a *really* soft diaper!" And no leaks or anything like that either. The minky is totally trim enough to fit under any pants, and I love the colors for when ds is pantsless.

I really like the fit of the swaddlebees side-snapping pockets as well, but these new blueberries will work for a wider range of babies (the trimness of the swaddlebees seems not to work for many) because they are less trim through the crotch.

The sale is still on if you want to try a few!

www.blueberrydiapers.com

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2007, 11:55 PM

I got 3 of the OS blueberry minky pockets, and I can't WAIT for them to get here...can't wait for my LO to get here either. lol.

Mom to Liv (9/07) ribboncesarean.gif and Nora (2/11) vbac.gif

Old 07-29-2007, 01:03 AM

Oh my...those are amazing.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:51 PM

we have over 20 of the OS minky love them too
Old 07-29-2007, 10:16 PM

Ok, help me out here. I'm trying to buy these before the promo runs out. But what code do I put in to get the deal?

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif
Old 07-30-2007, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

You don't need to put in a code. The discount will automatically apply as soon as you have three items in your cart.

HTH!

Lex

Mindfully mothering SIX kids (ages 5, 6, 8, 9, 11 & 11) in a small house with a lot of love.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexbeach View Post
You don't need to put in a code. The discount will automatically apply as soon as you have three items in your cart.

HTH!

Lex
Thanks!

partners.gif = angel2.gifloveeyes.gif & shy.gif
Old 08-03-2007, 01:07 AM

We love them, too! So soft.
The diapers shipped quickly, they are beautiful and great, trendy prints. And I love the minkee! I even bought DD a trainer b/c they're so cute and she's only 15 mos and we're not potty training.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:57 PM

must con-trol...my-self....

I just ordered two wonderful wool covers, I CAN NOT buy another diaper, but oh my I have been looking at minky's for months now! (since before babe was born!)

~Susan
widowed from Marc Nov. '09(love you more babe) mom to Sophia (9) Emma (8) Lily (5) :

Old 08-03-2007, 08:14 PM

These diapers are AWESOME!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine (well... my DD's ). I bought four side-snapping minky pockets and two covers while the sale was still going on.

I thought I would never see myself buying them at regular price but I don't know now! I'm hooked. I want to try the stuffable all-in-ones now.

Gayle, WAHM to Aaliyah (8/06) and Lorelai (5/10). Married to M. bfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg
Old 08-03-2007, 09:14 PM

Has the sale ended? I couldn't see what it was/is on their site.

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

Old 08-03-2007, 09:23 PM

The sale ended Tuesday. We had never even heard of these but a friend clued us in on the sale and we ended up getting our entire stash from Blueberry! We got 18 of the Minky OS and 9 of the deluxe hook/loop OS. With the sale, it was totally worth it! I'm completely in love and already want to buy more, but I guess I'll *try* to wait for another sale of some sort!

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:04 AM

We used our first minky os today, DS actually asked for it then let me change his diaper, AMAZING. Then he walked around the house stroking his crotch saying soft The diaper held for 3hr no leaks, fits great on his gigantic thighs, the only bad thing...the price. There is NO WAY I will ever be able to buy these at full price, they are way too expensive!
Old 08-04-2007, 11:57 AM

I really love them too! I picked up 9 ss minky's during the sale. dd insists on rubbing them on her cheeks.. LOL
Old 08-04-2007, 12:36 PM

how much were they are sale for?

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

Old 08-04-2007, 01:03 PM

They were on sale for buy two get one free throughout the month of July. It was an awesome deal considering how much they are regularly priced. I bought 6 and I also only paid 2.00 for shipping.

Gayle, WAHM to Aaliyah (8/06) and Lorelai (5/10). Married to M. bfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifhomebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg
Old 08-07-2007, 05:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So tell me more about these! The minky and prints are just awesome! But how's the fit? I have skinny babies and adore super trim dipes like VB AIOs and Swaddlebees pockets, etc. How do these compare? They don't honestly look very trim to me, but perhaps it's the softness and cuteness factor that wins over?

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 08-07-2007, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyag View Post
These diapers are AWESOME!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE mine (well... my DD's ). I bought four side-snapping minky pockets and two covers while the sale was still going on.

I thought I would never see myself buying them at regular price but I don't know now! I'm hooked. I want to try the stuffable all-in-ones now.
Ooh, I see you're in Houston! Perhaps we can just meet up and I can pet your Blueberry dipes! It's been WAY too long since there was a Houston cloth get together, I gotta say!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB
So tell me more about these! The minky and prints are just awesome! But how's the fit? I have skinny babies and adore super trim dipes like VB AIOs and Swaddlebees pockets, etc. How do these compare? They don't honestly look very trim to me, but perhaps it's the softness and cuteness factor that wins over?
They are not as trim as swaddlebees (and I've never tried a Very Baby), but they're trimmer than theylook in the photos. The inserts that come with them aren't particularly trim, but I've been using other inserts. They are low-rise, and probably in-between a swaddlebees pocket and a fuzzi bunz pocket between the legs. I consider them to be trim. They do run a bit smaller than the swaddlebees, but my ds is in a medium of both brands (and he's 22ish pounds at 9 months).

And definitely SOFT and CUTE!

HTH!

Lex

Old 08-07-2007, 01:20 PM

I just ordered two and a wetbag. I can't wait to get them! The jewel toned colored ones remind me a lot of the jamtots berryplush (in looks). I'm hoping they are trimmer than the BP because as much as I love those, they are very bulky.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexbeach View Post
They are not as trim as swaddlebees (and I've never tried a Very Baby), but they're trimmer than theylook in the photos. The inserts that come with them aren't particularly trim, but I've been using other inserts. They are low-rise, and probably in-between a swaddlebees pocket and a fuzzi bunz pocket between the legs. I consider them to be trim. They do run a bit smaller than the swaddlebees, but my ds is in a medium of both brands (and he's 22ish pounds at 9 months).

And definitely SOFT and CUTE!

HTH!

Lex
Thanks! That helps! I love all of the colors... but will have to wait until baby comes to decide WHICH ones, 'cause they have great girl AND boy patterns! It would be just impossible to pick something now.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
These fit my skinny SD really well and they are quite trim. I got some during the sale and am loving them as well. They hold a lot and DS is super comfy in them. I am kicking myself for not getting more.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobunny View Post
I just ordered two and a wetbag. I can't wait to get them! The jewel toned colored ones remind me a lot of the jamtots berryplush (in looks). I'm hoping they are trimmer than the BP because as much as I love those, they are very bulky.
They are trimmer, you'll like them if you like the BPs.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:56 PM

If anyone missed the sale and wants to give them a try without paying $28 a diaper, there are some "irregulars" listed on their outlet:

http://www.blueberrydiapers.com/prod...et_store/IRROS

Or, of course, for those who did get some at the sale and can't stop themselves from buying more...

Rachel, mama to Lucy, born 9.9.07, and Caroline, born 2.25.10!
Old 08-07-2007, 08:26 PM

hmm i got burned by them with the sample diaper ( i know they had problems and are being made differnant and in the states now) i just don't know if i trust them to try it...i do have a coupon to use tho...so maybe i should try them

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 08-07-2007, 11:14 PM

I got burned w/ the sample, too (mine never showed, then was resent, then never appeared.)
I was very leery of trying them again but have since been pleased.

Also, as far as fit goes, from what I can tell w/ names, etc..., it seems the woman w/ Swaddlebees also is the owner for Blueberry? Anybody else know any more? So the fit might be very comparable. I have a chubby legged baby so don't have to worry about those issues....
Old 08-17-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peapiebaby View Post
I got burned w/ the sample, too (mine never showed, then was resent, then never appeared.)
I was very leery of trying them again but have since been pleased.

Also, as far as fit goes, from what I can tell w/ names, etc..., it seems the woman w/ Swaddlebees also is the owner for Blueberry? Anybody else know any more? So the fit might be very comparable. I have a chubby legged baby so don't have to worry about those issues....
i just noticed the same print on swaddlebees and blueberry diapers... are they the same?
Old 08-17-2007, 07:04 PM

Uh Oh!! I was really looking forward to buying some blueberries, but if they are just like the swaddlebees I can't do it!! Swaddlebees have always leaked like a sieve for us (especially the AIOs). Someone please tell me the bb aren't leaking! They are just so cute!!

CNM mama.

Old 08-17-2007, 07:08 PM

We only have a cover (and training pants that I bought waaaay in advance) so don't know that much about the leaking....But the same lady sends out the e-mails for both sites (Margarita McClure?McCaskin? Mcsomething...)
Old 08-17-2007, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by holly6737
Uh Oh!! I was really looking forward to buying some blueberries, but if they are just like the swaddlebees I can't do it!! Swaddlebees have always leaked like a sieve for us (especially the AIOs). Someone please tell me the bb aren't leaking! They are just so cute!!
Both campanies have the same owner (well, I think she's sold swaddlebees now, but still works there??), but the cut of the diapers is very different. The blueberries are wider through the crotch, and wider at the sides too (where the snaps are). The swaddlebees AIOs have always leaked for me too (though the pockets work great). No leaks at all with the blueberries. They do seem like they'd be less likely to leak since they offer fuller coverage. I'm still loving them a few weeks later.

Lex

User Tag List