Sugarbums question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 07-11-2003, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know how the sizes run on these, specifically the hemp fitteds and the wool cover. My dd is 24lbs waist is 17inchs, thigh-11
thanks
Janessa
#2 of 24 Old 07-11-2003, 12:42 PM

I am also wondering this. I would also like to know HONESTLY..........are these prices too good to be true??? I think I would order a ton of these if I could know that the quality was as good as the price.
Jenn
#3 of 24 Old 07-11-2003, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Well I'm definitely ordering as soon as I hear back from her on sizing so I'll let you know if a week or so. They look so nice I can't wait to try them.
Janessa
#4 of 24 Old 07-11-2003, 12:58 PM

Janessa, Heidi will answer your questions, I'm sure. She got back to me within just a couple of hours of my email. I wish I could help more, but I haven't measured Ty recently.

I've got my first one on order, but a good friend of mine (allformyboys here) has some of her sherpa and hemp diapers and just RAVES about them. And I know her ds is a pretty heavy wetter, too.

Heidi's shipping is very reasonable, too, so it won't break the bank to just order one or two to try out and then place a larger order later when you decide if you really like them.
#5 of 24 Old 07-11-2003, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

thanks. I had found her site a few days ago and then lost it so I was so glad to see you link it for me earlier. I can't wait to try them.
Janessa
#6 of 24 Old 07-11-2003, 01:07 PM

Could you post that link again???
TIA,
Dahlia
#7 of 24 Old 07-11-2003, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

#8 of 24 Old 07-11-2003, 02:23 PM

I have a PUL side snap cover from Heidi. size large fits my 22lb toddler in the tightest snap settings, but has lots and lots of stretch. Seems like it would fit just about any shape baby! If I needed more covers, I'd definitely get them from SugarBums!
#9 of 24 Old 07-11-2003, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Update: I got an e-mail and apparently her dd is the same size as mine how convenient!!!! So she said to go with the mediums since Shiah's older and not going to grow as much.
hope that helps anyone else drooling over these diapers
Janessa
#10 of 24 Old 07-11-2003, 06:23 PM

Holy cow, it's here already! I ordered it on the 8th - a medium but with special snap placement, so I know it's not just a stock diaper. She made it and sent it on the 9th and it arrived today! WOW!

And it's already diapering my little darling's bum. It fits PERFECT! He's only on the 2nd snaps, so there's plenty of growing room, too. Lucky for me, this is his heavy wetting time of day, so I'll come back and edit this post after I get an idea of how it holds. Keep in mind that I couldn't even wait to wash it, so it'll probably do better next time.

As of right now, I couldn't be more pleased.

Lisa

edited to add: I posted under another thread, but the diaper performed magnificently during his heaviest wetting time of day; I couldn't be more pleased. I'm sure it would even be a great nightime dipe with an extra doubler. I've already placed another order with her for another dipe and a wool cover.
#11 of 24 Old 07-11-2003, 09:51 PM

hi
just rcvd my sb...very cute

dd is 11 lbs, long n skinny, but i prolly shoul ordered a med...but we should getsomr good wear outta this puppy!!

red aio w/ cute farm print
#12 of 24 Old 07-11-2003, 10:17 PM

I got my SB this afternoon too! I also ordered it on the 9th so that was pretty amazing! I guess I am used to the typical WAHM turnaround of 2-3 weeks, but how lovely not to have to wait! (Yes, I'm impatient! LOL!) Now I *do* have to wait though--my baby isn't here to try it out on yet! LOL! I am very impressed by the CS though and the dipe (hemp fitted) looks perfect!
#13 of 24 Old 07-12-2003, 04:33 AM

I bought a couple for my friend - an all organic one and a hemp print one. They are too cute! Don't know their performance, since they're for my friend, but they do look great, very reasonably priced, and *very* quick turnaround! I've got another order with her right now.

Meghan, mom to 11yo, 8yo, and 3yo 

#14 of 24 Old 07-12-2003, 04:49 AM

Has anyone tried the wool cover? It looks great and is not very expensive at all, plus there are a ton of colors! Hmm, I just might need another cover!
#15 of 24 Old 07-12-2003, 10:29 AM

I ordered from sugarbums last night and she is soooo nice. I was very confusing about what I wanted but she talked it out with me and we got it figured out. I ordered mediums with the snaps placed specially for large thighs. So my experience so far has been wonderful.
#16 of 24 Old 07-12-2003, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cortsmommy
I ordered mediums with the snaps placed specially for large thighs. So my experience so far has been wonderful.
That's exactly what I did! You'll love it; I know it!
#17 of 24 Old 07-12-2003, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

I ordered the night time package yesterday (4 hemp diapers and a wool cover) So I'll let you know how I like the cover when it gets here
Janessa
#18 of 24 Old 07-15-2003, 09:04 AM

hhxjxjslwk z n m j

Ummm, sorry. Ty's helping me type this morning.

Anyway - the purpose of this little note is to let you know how my sherpa Sugarbums performed overnight. I included a small trifolded hemp jersey soaker under the included doubler. Ty went to bed at 6:30 last night and got up at 6am this morning. The outer of the diaper was only *very slightly* damp to the touch. I think it's a resounding success!
#19 of 24 Old 07-15-2003, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lkblair
Anyway - the purpose of this little note is to let you know how my sherpa Sugarbums performed overnight. I included a small trifolded hemp jersey soaker under the included doubler. Ty went to bed at 6:30 last night and got up at 6am this morning. The outer of the diaper was only *very slightly* damp to the touch. I think it's a resounding success!
YAYAYAYAYAY!

That *is* great news! I will have to try out my hemp one for nights when our little dude arrives!
#20 of 24 Old 07-15-2003, 12:10 PM

I've been eyeing her stuff, I think I need one of her lime wool covers!!

Does anybody have a review about her wool covers??? Janessa-Do you have side snap or front snap?? Did you get it yet? Do you like it?
#21 of 24 Old 07-15-2003, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Holy cow!?!? I ordered my package on Friday late afternoon, she mailed it Sat. and I got it yesterday (mon) Ugh I hate to say this but these are fabulous not a stitch out of place so incredibly soft. You have to try these diapers just don't try to many cause I want more lol I got 4 hemp diapers and 1 wool cover for 53 dollars what an incredible deal. I haven't had a chance to use them yet since they are in the wash so I'll update after Shiah gives them a work out
Janessa
#22 of 24 Old 07-15-2003, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Janessa
Holy cow!?!? I ordered my package on Friday late afternoon, she mailed it Sat. and I got it yesterday (mon) Ugh I hate to say this but these are fabulous not a stitch out of place so incredibly soft. You have to try these diapers just don't try to many cause I want more lol I got 4 hemp diapers and 1 wool cover for 53 dollars what an incredible deal. I haven't had a chance to use them yet since they are in the wash so I'll update after Shiah gives them a work out
Janessa

Can you tell me if the wool covers are trim and good for daytime?

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
#23 of 24 Old 07-15-2003, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Just tried it on dd (she is 24lbs) I got a medium cover it fits her on the tightest snap setting and it fits her like a glove. Its two layers of wool but still very trim I think she could easily fit into jeans with this cover on. I would say it is as trim as her bumpy and Kangaroo Korner covers.
Janessa
edit to add that I got the side snap cover in a gorgeous kelly green
#24 of 24 Old 07-15-2003, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Janessa
Just tried it on dd (she is 24lbs) I got a medium cover it fits her on the tightest snap setting and it fits her like a glove. Its two layers of wool but still very trim I think she could easily fit into jeans with this cover on. I would say it is as trim as her bumpy and Kangaroo Korner covers.
Janessa

That's cool! My dd is about the same weight as your dd's. I may just have to buy some from sugarbums!

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page