What was I just saying about willpower? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-11-2003, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ME Airflows have been leaving read marks around DS's belly and thighs, but I've been playing with them all week wanting them to work because I like the covers, they seem soft and flexible, it's just the elastic bindings. I've about had it with the red marks, though. They are very loose and still irritate him. I don't get this with my SWW or the whisper pants. What covers are out there that are soft in the bindings around the legs and waist? I'm looking for all purpose day and night as I'm not supposed to even be browsing for stuff right now. (my own rules btw, I'm my own worst enemy)

Oh, and I just got my very first HH today... now I understand what you guys are talking about! How cute! It's in the washing machine right now so we can try it out tomorrow.

And I wish I could figure out an appropriate use for the smiley that moons...
#2 of 10 Old 07-11-2003, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I don't get this with my SWW or the whisper pants. What covers are out there that are soft in the bindings around the legs and waist? I'm looking for all purpose day and night as I'm not supposed to even be browsing for stuff right now.
What do you not like about your Bummis? I'd say, stick with them for day and get maybe 2 covers for night-- preferably something breathable ( ).

Edited to fix my sheep!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#3 of 10 Old 07-11-2003, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BabyOsMommy

And I wish I could figure out an appropriate use for the smiley that moons...
HMMMMMMMM maybe, Wanna see what I made since I love so much? http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/wyom00top...c=ph%26.view=t

Ahhh tea the essence of life.
#4 of 10 Old 07-11-2003, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

That's cute!
#5 of 10 Old 07-12-2003, 12:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Reese, I want one!!! That's hilarious!

Oh, and I like alexis featherlite side snaps for pul covers that are 'similar' to ME. Granitesmith on ebay sells them el cheapo. They last forever, work well, have 3 snaps on each side, and seem comfy for babe. Bummis pull ons work well for us too, but not as convenient without the snaps for messes.
#6 of 10 Old 07-12-2003, 03:04 AM

Reese that is adorable!!!!!!!
thanks for sharing!

i use that smilie for my Hannah, she's my little fiery Leo, so her being "fire" and myself being Libra being "air" i constantly "light her fire" dh is a Leo too ( i lite him all the time :LOL)

When Hannah dances, and shakes her booty, it looks just like that smilie!:LOL

#7 of 10 Old 07-12-2003, 09:43 AM

Maybe a wahm that makes a side snapping foe binding breathable pul or nylon(is that what the meaf is made of?)? It may not be the fit but the elastic that is causing irritation? See what a little sleep can do for the thinking? LOL...

Ahhh tea the essence of life.
#8 of 10 Old 07-12-2003, 10:52 AM

We've started getting red marks from our ME airflows recently too (shoot - I just bought two more gently used ones, too - Murphy's law of diapers). As much as I prefer snaps, we continually get the best fit (and no red marks) from Bumpy covers. They cost a little more but are so soft (and cute) that they are worth it!
#9 of 10 Old 07-12-2003, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Do bumpy covers fit chunky thighs? They have a nighttime cover as well, right? I loved the adjustability of the legs and waist on the airflows, and but it's not the fit that's causing the marks, it's got to be the elastic that's bothering him all of a sudden. I'm getting tempted to auction all of my ME stuff, and I've never auctioned anything before, I was just going to save it all for the next baby or my sister who will be having her kids later. My new unbleached CPF's are in the dryer for the last time now, so I'm going to switch to them with my bummis for the day and see how we do.
#10 of 10 Old 07-12-2003, 12:33 PM

I recently started having that problem with my airflows, too. I think it is due to them getting too small, I think the cover starts to pull around the butt too much and thus pulling the leg bindings into the legs. It doesn't matter if the leg holes are gaping, I still get red marks. It's like they are pulled sideways...KWIM? I liked my airflows until then, so now instead of getting more, I'm switching to wool.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page