Samuels or Liz's? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-11-2003, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are using Samuels Fitteds from Mom-and-Me-Creations at night. They work great for us. I like the fuzzy softness on the inside and the are very absorbent. DH does not like front snapping dipes and wants me to buy some Liz's Cloth Night Noodles because they are side snapping. Are these as soft and absorbent? Thanks.
#2 of 8 Old 07-11-2003, 10:37 PM

The complete opposite of my dh! dh likes to use only the front snaps.

I have never had a nighty noodle, but Liz's regular hemp is very absorbent. I do not think my Samuel's fitted is as absorbent, they just feel wetter on the outside than my Liz's ever did.

LCs are hemp fleece. Have you had any luck with hemp fleece dipes staying soft? I think people with hard water having a tougher time keeping their fleece soft.

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
#3 of 8 Old 07-12-2003, 04:13 AM

Hey, I also haven't used the nighty noodle, just the regular hemp. But, so far so good. Just wanted to let you know, though, they run pretty small. DS is around 13 lbs (and chunky) and I already have to use the snaps on the largest setting. I love the dipes though!

mostly WAHM, sometimes WOHM to my : two boys.
#4 of 8 Old 07-12-2003, 10:58 AM

Good point about sizing. I've only tried the daytime LC hemp, but the size 1 was way too small on Colin and the size 2 way too large when he was 16 pounds.
#5 of 8 Old 07-12-2003, 11:05 AM

I have a liz's cloth hemp diaper, not a nighty noodle, but i've seen and touched a nighty noodle- they are all the same hemp fleece, soft at first. My liz's cloth fitted is at the end of its days.

But baking soda (just the little bit that is one of my homemade deodisks) in the wash helps all my hemp fleece feel softer, even if it isn't as fluffy as the day it was born.

That's one of the reasons i prefer other diaper inners- brushed or fluffed cloth gets matted and rough, even if it starts out softer. Other knits will start out not quite as soft, but they stay consistently soft and look the same for a long time.

That said, there's nothing like a hempy fleece diaper!

tabitha

edited to add: my dh loves side snappers, too! I prefer them as well- our newly toddling boy doesn't like to lay down for changes, and i fid they're a whole lote easier to put on while he's standing

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#6 of 8 Old 07-12-2003, 11:09 AM

YUP ITS A GREAT DIAPER BUT THE SIZING CONFUSES ME...I GUESS IT JUST DEPENDS ON YOUR BUBSBODY TYPE...SUGARBUMS IS ALSO SIDE SNAPPIND AND THEY ARE GETTING RAVES BY THE MAMAS...LOL

:My 7 year old boy Ari, my fun loving husband and my life!
#7 of 8 Old 07-12-2003, 07:20 PM

well, here is an easy way to decide:

when do you need them?

orders for samuel's fitteds are closed, and are likely to be closed for many weeks.
#8 of 8 Old 07-12-2003, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I have 3 Samuels Fitteds, but my DH, who puts on DDs PJs does not like front snapping. I went ahead and ordered 4 Nighty Noodles. We'll see how they work out. I'll have to keep front-snapping for me to do!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page