More $@#$%$% Snappi problems - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 07-12-2003, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok i just cant do it...I try and try and nothing works...The Snappi for Dummies book( ) isnt working....And its just not doing the job right...I swear, if i tried, i could totally pin faster than i snappi...but since im so dumb : at this fastning business im scared to even try....Today i threw the snappi on the floor and almost jumped up and down pouting on it, when suddenly i remembered thats money im stumping on ...Anyhow...i think im through with the snappi....but if i lay it try folded in the cover(today i tried) the cover wicked cause the PF didnt hold...Mind i did just get em so thats probably it....But they look sooo buldgy(: is this even a word) trifolded and i can get the snappi to work for me

:My 7 year old boy Ari, my fun loving husband and my life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 23 Old 07-12-2003, 03:13 PM

Linda, I'm sure we can help you. First question..Did you stretch the heck outta that Snappi to *prime* it? What kind of fold are you using it on? One thing that helps me is getting the prefold how I want it to look when I'm finished and holding it all in place and then catching the Snappi on one corner of the prefold and then the other and finally pull the shorter leg down and grab some of the crotch of the diaper. I was also afraid that the snappi would go through the diaper and hurt my baby or that it would ruin my prefold. Neither has ever happened.
#3 of 23 Old 07-12-2003, 04:04 PM

What I do is get the diaper between DS' thighs and do the left hand side first then stretch and pull it over to the right side and attach it where ever it will hold tight (if its too far over I will readjust the left side so its fairly even) then pull really hard on the bottom and attach it then push it into the prefold.

It always stays nice and snug for me and is very quick when you get the hang of it

HTH

Steph

Steph~~momma to Rhys 2002, Niamh 2004, Isla 2007 and Deirdre 2009
#4 of 23 Old 07-12-2003, 04:19 PM

I gave mine away, I'd get them on fine and then a bit would pop off hen he climbed over something. My friend liked the ones I gave her until her son got more mobile then she gave them away to someone else!
#5 of 23 Old 07-12-2003, 06:53 PM

I love my snappis. DS is crawling now and I found that I have to pull them a little tighter or they will come undone, but now I never have a problem.

Make sure that you have stretched the heck out of the snappi to get it ready. Then make sure that you get it on snug.
#6 of 23 Old 07-12-2003, 07:02 PM

Yes to what Meghan and Sandijones said about stretching the heck out of it. This my problem (well one of them ) when I first tried it. It simply was too tight and I couldn't make it work.

Keep trying. I never thought I would like a snappi and I do.

I hope this helps. That @#$%!!!! snappi is a good thing-- most of the time....

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#7 of 23 Old 07-12-2003, 11:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
[i]

It always stays nice and snug for me and is very quick when you get the hang of it
[/B]
Not cool Stef Not cool at all... Really i just cant get the darn thing on...i tried everything and plus that bikini twist isnt helping....I mean when i snap everything in place and i think everything is a ok...nice and snug..one of his little balls in hanging out....: I swear im doing a Summo on him ...I will keep trying though because i cant trifold for the life of me either I think its not the snappi after all....its just my relationship with CPFs in general....

#8 of 23 Old 07-13-2003, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by liya
I mean when i snap everything in place and i think everything is a ok...nice and snug..one of his little balls in hanging out....: I swear im doing a Summo on him ...I will keep trying though because i cant trifold for the life of me either I think its not the snappi after all....its just my relationship with CPFs in general....
I have the same problem if the bikini twist gets too far forward- then it all hangs out. The twist needs be way back-- behind all that front boy stuff (I'm avoiding th technical terms for it).

This takes practice. You should have seen the doozies I came up with trying to fold prefolds. I had things fall off when he stood up. Keep practicing- i am seriously impaired at all this and one day it clicked...

#9 of 23 Old 07-13-2003, 02:15 AM

We are having snappi-ing problems as well. At first I thought it was just my hemp prefolds - but now it is everything. She isn't any more mobile - she is 18 months. But I think she is getting thinner - and everything slips off of her hips. I can't put it too tight or she complains.
#10 of 23 Old 07-13-2003, 02:31 AM

me thinks liya needs to be DDDDC'd *Snappi Challenged* :LOL
#11 of 23 Old 07-13-2003, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

Snappi and CPF challenged...: ...

I mean how long have i gone on and on and on with this!!! How hard can it be obviously extremely complicated for me...Ive just about given up i just think im a snappi dummie : i need special intructions for to work that thing...

#12 of 23 Old 07-13-2003, 05:16 AM

Maybe we can gather the snappi-challenged for a summer camp?

Hmm classes on types of dipes you can snappi, fabrics that dont work for snappis, stretching your snappi, placement of the snappi, and finally-- the culmination-getting it to work!! We could set up singles and doubles races, single-handed snappi'ing...
(yup, its late, Im tired... Maybe I should go to bed... silly me!!)

I dont mean to make light of not getting the drat thing to work... I LOVE mine, I dont know what Id do without it... Probably have to EC, I hate pins so much!!
#13 of 23 Old 07-13-2003, 09:13 AM

I'm definitely snappi challenged, too. I can get the hips on, but that middle leg never, ever stays attached. It's always floppin' around. I'm afraid he's going to get cut. And then I end up with the front slipping out from under the snappi, too. Sigh... I think some of us just aren't meant to enjoy the wonderous snappi.
#14 of 23 Old 07-13-2003, 10:06 AM

Me too! Me too!! Give me my pins any day! I can never get that third hook thing, the one that hangs down, to stay in place no matter how tight I get it. And if I do get everything on just right, DD complains that it's too tight, and the dipe leaves red marks on her legs and waist.

Now DH, who is definitely cd impaired, even moreso when it comes to cpfs, can snappi like a pro, even on the first try! Go figure!:
#15 of 23 Old 07-13-2003, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Oh man thats a good one Snappi and CPF impaired....lol....:LOL :LOL

#16 of 23 Old 07-13-2003, 02:53 PM

We never did the bikini twist so that may be where my advice falls down flat LOL! And I will admit to hanging up my snappi in favor of fitteds when Rhys hit about 8 months old because he started doing the "bum bum" dance and I couldn't get him to lay still long enough to get the &$#(*& diaper snappied...

We do use them now sometimes though (for some reason at 14 months he doesn't move around as much during diaper changes...)

Hopefully you can get it figured out and feel the again

Steph

Steph~~momma to Rhys 2002, Niamh 2004, Isla 2007 and Deirdre 2009
#17 of 23 Old 07-18-2003, 05:39 AM

How do you stretch out your snappis?

I've gone back to pins b/c my snappis are too tight on my baby's tummy even though they're as loose as I can get them. I use green-stitched CPFs and pull them out at the sides in a triangle shape so they can wrap around and the snappi is still way too tight.

I've tried to stretch it out a bit just by pulling on it, but it doesn't want to budge. I can't believe people with bigger babies (mine is only 13.5 lbs!) can use snappis!
#18 of 23 Old 07-18-2003, 02:43 PM

I am wondering if the newer snappis are stretchier. I had an older one that I struggled with- it was blue and when I got my new ones I was amazed how easy they stretch- almost like they are a different material. I REALLY pull it hard- like make it get another half inch longer or more.

#19 of 23 Old 07-18-2003, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I can't get a Snappi to work with a bikini twist, either. Maybe it's the way our little guys are built. I've had better luck with the Angel Wing fold, and then putting the Snappi sort of far down, like a little above his bikini line. I still don't LOVE it, however -- much prefer fitteds or AIOs.
#20 of 23 Old 07-18-2003, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

I have mastered the twist....It was hard i tell ya but i have mastered it No longer am i a SNAPPI IDIOT and let me tell you its super super trim.....i love it under my Bumpys its one of my trimest option and those sucker CPFs absorb more and more as i wash them..... as we speak im washing my dirties...lol so i can bikini twist somemore and it catches the poop KEEP IT UP YOU CAN DO IT...look at me ONCE A SNAPPI IDIOT NOW IM SNAPPI REFORMED....I sound like an informercial :

#21 of 23 Old 07-18-2003, 04:11 PM

I can only get the snappi to work with a bikini twist...
As far as that 3rd (crotch) snappi leg goes: snip it off. I read a thread here about that before I ever owned a snappi.Once I got one, and realized that the 3rd leg never stayed hooked anyway, I took the plunge. It has no effect on performace and is one less thing to mess with.

I'm wondering what kind of covers you are using with trifolding, AND are you folding the dipes width or length-wise (I think width-wise is easier).

Good Luck!

OOPS! edited because I didn't read the post directly above mine. DUH. Anyway, way to go Liya!

Trying to get my bearings...
#22 of 23 Old 07-18-2003, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tuffykenwell
We never did the bikini twist so that may be where my advice falls down flat LOL! And I will admit to hanging up my snappi in favor of fitteds when Rhys hit about 8 months old because he started doing the "bum bum" dance and I couldn't get him to lay still long enough to get the &$#(*& diaper snappied...

We do use them now sometimes though (for some reason at 14 months he doesn't move around as much during diaper changes...)

Hopefully you can get it figured out and feel the again

Steph
Must be that 14 May thing, Rich has been a dream to change for about 6 weeks now. He LOVES getting his diaper and getting changed. I have to admit there was a short time I gave up on snappiing for a bit since he squirmed so much, but then I started making pocket dipers that are snappiable and now it's a dream. I my snappi

Ahhh tea the essence of life.
#23 of 23 Old 07-18-2003, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by liya
I have mastered the twist....It was hard i tell ya but i have mastered it No longer am i a SNAPPI IDIOT and let me tell you its super super trim.....i love it under my Bumpys its one of my trimest option and those sucker CPFs absorb more and more as i wash them..... as we speak im washing my dirties...lol so i can bikini twist somemore and it catches the poop KEEP IT UP YOU CAN DO IT...look at me ONCE A SNAPPI IDIOT NOW IM SNAPPI REFORMED....I sound like an informercial :
Whoo hoo !!! Yay! That is great! You did it! Congratulations! A snappied, bikini-twisted cpf is my favorite diaper as well!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page