stains on wool - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-12-2003, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK, I know this has been posted before but for some reason it's not letting me search the diapering forum. So, dd inevitably got poop on her new wool cover - how do they know when they have a new dipe or cover on?! I've tried a little Bac-out, handwashed in eucalan, and I still have a small yellow BF poop stain. I even tried sunning! Any suggestions how to get it out?
TIA!
#2 of 7 Old 07-12-2003, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChamaMama
OK, I know this has been posted before but for some reason it's not letting me search the diapering forum. So, dd inevitably got poop on her new wool cover - how do they know when they have a new dipe or cover on?! I've tried a little Bac-out, handwashed in eucalan, and I still have a small yellow BF poop stain. I even tried sunning! Any suggestions how to get it out?
TIA!

I had the same problem! I tried everything you listed and it still wouldn't come out. I gave up wool for that reason but now I'm buying wool again but only darker colors. I'm going to be watching this thread though for some ideas.

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
#3 of 7 Old 07-12-2003, 10:17 PM

I am sorry to say that I have never gotten the poop stains out of my lighter wool. I even tried a gentle cycle in the machine to no avail...
#4 of 7 Old 07-12-2003, 10:47 PM

I've had good luck w/ using Eucalan and scrubbing the stained area against itself (do ykwim?). Put a dollup of Eucalan on it (make sure the cover is wet) and work it into the stained area. Then let it soak in water and more Eucalan for a while (20 min or so) and check it. Repeat once or twice. Let it dry in the sun too.

That's gotten all the poop stains out of our covers. They do keep fading w/ each wash too.

HTH~
#5 of 7 Old 07-13-2003, 12:36 AM

dye them?
#6 of 7 Old 07-13-2003, 01:28 AM

I didn't find that Eucalan was strong enough to get serious poop out, but Dr. Bronner's is. Also, if you can do an ultra gentle cycle in your machine, I found that works better than by hand. You'd have to lanolize after doing a real wash in Dr. B's though.
#7 of 7 Old 07-13-2003, 01:42 AM

I had a poop stain on my turnip cover a couple of months ago. I couldn't get it out with extra scrubbing, but the last time Sam wore it the stain was gone...maybe time and gentle machine washes??

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page