Another Bumkins AIO question-about the fit - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2003, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I tried the AIO on DD and here's the deal...kind of hard to explain.
When I pull it tight around her waist so it doesn't fall off, the triangle pieces that come from the back to the front on the sides kind of come over her leg too far. Now, I would like to order more, but I wonder if that will make them not fit as she gets bigger...if she gets longer and not really much bigger round. She's long and skinny. I'm having too much trouble with the cpf/wrap type system b/c of this...they just fall off her butt!
Anyway, should I stick with the med and go from there. We plan on having 2 more kids, so I'm not TOO worried about wasting money. Great "Queen of Credit" that I am...:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2003, 02:26 AM

Okay, when you say that the portion that wraps from the back to the front comes over her leg too far . . . do you mean that they are too snug or that they are too bikini cut? I want to see if I can help because my Meredith had a few Bumkins AIOs and she was long and lean . . . but I'm not understanding the question completely, I don't think.
Old 07-13-2003, 02:32 AM

Are the leg holes too small then? I'm trying to picture the fit on DD, but she has chunky thighs...so I might not be much help. The leg holes seem pretty generous, are they leaving red marks?

I would think that as she grows, the fit will change a little bit, and maybe the legs will be a more desirable fit?
Old 07-13-2003, 03:43 AM

I know what you are talking about....like it covers the top of the thigh by the hip.....
I just yank it up while fastening IYKWIM...

Mom of 3 sons and one daughter
Old 07-13-2003, 11:58 AM

Denise, I think it could be that Kierani is only ~14 lbs, so she is not big enough to really "fill out" the whole diaper.
I don't have any Bumkins AIOs, but I just got my Bumkins med covers. They fit Maddie well, but she was 14lbs a month ago and is surely quite a bit bigger now. Plus she has those really fat thighs.

Does that seem like it could be it?
Old 07-13-2003, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Hehe... Anna! I was thinking "How did she know she's 14lbs?" Hehe! Anyway ladies...I can't tell what I'm thinking is wrong and it may be nothing. She has it on now, so we'll see. I can't tell if it's too tight in the legs b/c sometimes I can't get my finger in there and sometimes I can get 3. : Of course, I can't turn her off and keep her still to find out, so I'm just going to see how they hold up under a test run here. It may be b/c she doesn't "fill it out" yet, but what if she gets longer and not fatter. Then it'll ride even lower on her legs. May not be a problem...gotta test it I guess.

Wish you guys were all here so you could come see!

User Tag List