Aggravated With My CD System...grrr - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-13-2003, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have all one kind of diaper (all flannel with sewn-in doubler). They worked fine for us until dd became an active toddler. I like them because they're one-size, but trim. Now they're just not absorbent enough. I'm having to use two doublers just to keep her from soaking through during the day. At night she looks so uncomfortable because I have to use so many inserts (three doublers and a fleece liner with two covers). I hate these diapers!

Most of the time she runs around naked and we do EC simply because I hate these diapers. But, when she does have to be dressed there are so many doublers that it seems pointless. I can't justify buying more diapers because at the rate she's going she'll be using the potty in a few months and I don't want to invest any more money in CDs if I can help it.

I'm not sure what I want, just to commiserate I suppose :
#2 of 6 Old 07-13-2003, 12:34 PM

Well if you're doing nakie time and ec around the house might you have some extra diapers? If so, maybe you could sell some of the ones that aren't working for you to someone with a baby who has a smaller bladder. That way you wouldn't have to really invest any more money in cd'ing, but you could have diapers that worked when you needed them.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#3 of 6 Old 07-13-2003, 12:34 PM

Well, I understand not wanting to purchase more diapers since potty learning looms near, but what about some hemp doublers? You could probably get by on less because hemp is so absorbant. And it wouldn't be so expensive.

#4 of 6 Old 07-13-2003, 02:48 PM

Okay try buying just a handful of more absorbant diapers and then selling off your stash of the other kind. If he's about to potty train and he spends a lot of time naked then you'd probably only need about 5 dipes.
#5 of 6 Old 07-13-2003, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

I hadn't thought of hemp doublers, that's a great idea. Any idea on where to get a good deal on some new ones?

It's been so long (about 18 months) since I bought diapers I don't even know which WAHMs have the most absorbent ones anymore, lol! Have to shop around I guess.

Thanks for the tips ladies.
#6 of 6 Old 07-13-2003, 03:57 PM

Quote:
I hadn't thought of hemp doublers, that's a great idea. Any idea on where to get a good deal on some new ones?
For the cost of a hemp doubler, you could get a CPF. You might try a few of each to see which helps more. The best prices on doublers are at SMJAE

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page