Nighttime woes again... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-13-2003, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 16 mo DS seems to go through cycles with his night time peeing. For a while I was getting by with a premium CPF and a hemp doubler under wool and he was doing fine. Now he has gone back to being a supersoaker and that is no way holding him in. We don't use FB because of his fleece sensitivity and I really need to get a good night time fitted because he tends to poop first thing in the morning nowadays and its getting all over my wool! I like hemp but the ammonia smell in the morning can about kill me and mixing that with his poop first thing before my eyes are open is just...

I was considering a Firefly sleep tight.. but do they really work well for heavy wetters at night? Whatever I get I have to get two of, so I can continue with my every other day wash routine. Hate to throw off my routine :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2003, 03:11 PM

I have a heavy wetter that I need to change during the night (he's 17 months) and the Firefly Sleeptights are great for changes, but one will not go all night for us. I'd also be cautious about the large leg holes containing poop. They work great for quick changes during the night and would probably go all night for a medium wetter.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
Old 07-13-2003, 03:13 PM

Boy, you are in a tough spot! It's too bad he doesn't do well with fleece, because then I could think of a thousands suggestions!!

I hate to recommend this (especially in the company of the hyenas! :LOL) but when I had morning sickness real bad and couldn't stand the smell of ANYTHING I used Tushies Disposables. They are real absorbant, but are made with all cotton paper pulp (I think that's what it's called - anyway, no chemicals).

Perhaps during his episodes of heavy wetting they would do well.

Also, something my ped told me to help with potty training - milk is NOT good to give before bed if you are wanting the babe to sleep without wetting (cow's milk that is...not sure about breastmilk in this case). I guess it takes longer for milk to turn to pee, so sometime in the middle of the night all that milk finally turns to pee (so technical, I know! :LOL). So, what you could do is have his last milk be at dinnertime, then only give sips of water. After about 7pm don't give anything to drink.

Good luck with your search!
Old 07-13-2003, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

I should possibly have mentioned that he is still nursing and around 3-4 times a night at that!

I should probably just figure out how to wake myself up completely so that I can change him during the night but we have gotten so used to just rolling over, latching on, and going back to sleep that its literally one of the hardest things for me to do... wake up during the night!

Monica, do you think the Sleeptights work okay on chubby thighed babies? He has 11 1/2" thighs... still gappy even on those?
Old 07-13-2003, 03:25 PM

I am not sure about the gapping on chubby thighs- my ds has thin thighs. You could try one. I think some are appearing on the TP.

My ds also has a fleece sensitivity- which is why I change him at night. I've got an all-night nurser here, too. You might try a snappied Samuel's soaker. This one held a lot but was hard to get snappied. And it smells in the morning.

I just ordered a Liz's Cloth Nighty Noodle because her daytime diapers are so good- maybe one of these would work?

Good luck!

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
Old 07-13-2003, 03:32 PM

DD (17 months) could NEVER get through the night with just a CPF and a hemp doubler-- that's what she uses during the day for an hour or 2 at most!

The cheapest/easiest solution is to add more doublers. If you don't want to use hemp, I find that the Kissaluvs (doublers) work pretty well. Since DH does the nighttime diaper (and he prefers fitteds), he uses a hemp fitted (5 layers total) plus adds 2 or 3 hemp doublers. Not too big, and it works fine. For extra protection, you could add a wool doubler underneath the whole diaper (just lay it on the cover before putting the cover on) from SMJAE

In other words, start working with what you already own and then spend $ if it's not enough.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

Old 07-13-2003, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by steelmagnolia4
Monica, do you think the Sleeptights work okay on chubby thighed babies? He has 11 1/2" thighs... still gappy even on those?
I'll be able to let you know that soon. I have a sleeptight on it's way to me, Finn has 11" thighs and a 15.5" waist at 1 year.

User Tag List