Kudos to Toys R Us (can you believe it?) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-13-2003, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We went to Toys R Us the other day to get ds a tricycle. I went to look at potty chairs, just to see if they had a baby bjorn...they didn't. (He is no where near PL, but we don't go there very often) To my surprise, I did notice that they had bleached DSQ gerber dipes. They also had the cheapo ones you can find at walmart, but I was shocked to see some relatively "decent" dipes at Toys R Us. They also had diaper pins, which we got. They weren't dritz, but they had some with blue on them...the only dritz pins we have are pink because there weren't any blue ones at Hancock Fabrics.

Mom to 10yo Autistic Wonder Boy and 6yo Inquisitive Fireball Girl . December birthdays.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 07-13-2003, 06:25 PM

I haven't been to BRU in quite a while but if you go online to BRU and search diapers they only have cloth. Kushies and another brand. Pretty cool if you ask me
#3 of 10 Old 07-13-2003, 07:15 PM

It may be a geographic thing. We have several BRU and TRU around and they almost all carry prefolds in several styles/brands, flats, and at least Gerber pull-on covers...most have Gerber velcro wraps and Dappi fitteds, covers, and wraps.

I haven't been thrilled with any of them, personally - but hey - if it works (or expands what you currently have) go for it!
#4 of 10 Old 07-13-2003, 07:18 PM

Babies r us has a TON of cloth diaper stuff if you have one near you..

and tehy also sell the baby bjorn

liz
#5 of 10 Old 07-13-2003, 08:06 PM

BRU is where I got my first Dappi covers to go with the prefolds I inherited from a co-worker when I first started CDing. I was pleasantly surprised.
#6 of 10 Old 07-13-2003, 09:07 PM

Our BRU carries a variety of Gerber prefolds, Gerber wraps, vinyl pants, Dappi nylon pants, and Dappi covers. they used to carry the Dappi diaper that is kinda like a fitted. To me it looks like a maxi pad with a belt. :LOL They just started carrying their brand (Especially for baby) covers and doublers. I think they're made by the people who make Dappi. They also had disposable doublers and the Gerber easy liners. I pleasantly surprised. Not the best stuff but a step up from what they had. I'm getting ready to do a cding seminar there and I have to show mamas how to use their stuff. If they only knew what else was out there!
#7 of 10 Old 07-14-2003, 10:23 AM

when we first started cding, 2 yrs ago, all we had were bru bought supplies. i hadn't gotten into the internet info until after what we had bought wasn't working too well. the dappi covers worked the best out of all of the stuff. we actually still use those on our new baby. oh, and some gerber dsq prefolds we bought there too. so, not a too bad place to start.
#8 of 10 Old 07-14-2003, 10:45 AM

Wow! I once searched for cloth diapers at our nearest BRU for about 2 hours before asking. I was pointed to the HUGE room of sposies, and then the girl looked at me like I had 2 heads when I specified cloth.l

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#9 of 10 Old 07-14-2003, 10:48 AM

Our TRU and BRU also had Gerber velcro diaper covers, which is what we used for the first 18 mos of dd's life. :-) They didn't have larges so that's when I started looking at other kinds of diaper products.

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#10 of 10 Old 07-14-2003, 12:08 PM

Here, Target, BRU and TRU all have 'em.
I bought some doublers there a few months ago for ds at night. They actually are the Babies R Us brand too (Especially for Baby).

Mom of 3 sons and one daughter

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page