Does anyone really hate washing their dipes? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-13-2003, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cause I don't but this is the question I get the most. Isn't it just really gross to wash them. And honestly it doesn't faze me. It took me about a week or two to develop a wash routine I liked and all but even then it really didn't get to me.

Anyway - I just began to wander. Does it really bother people?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 07-13-2003, 07:58 PM

I don't mind- in fact it is therapeutic to throw them in disgustiing and take them out of the dryer clean. It's the only results I see of my actions some days.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#3 of 14 Old 07-13-2003, 08:05 PM

Nope I really like to wash dipes...if only my washer were upstairs, and not in my dugeon-like basement, I would be in heaven!!
:LOL

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#4 of 14 Old 07-13-2003, 08:06 PM

No, I *love* washing them and making sure they get all nice and clean. I actually look forward to it.

mostly WAHM, sometimes WOHM to my : two boys.
#5 of 14 Old 07-13-2003, 08:07 PM

Do I hate washing dipes, no But do I like washing dipes no.

Honestly I dislike doing all forms of laundry but I have found that doing an extra load a few times a week is like second nature. I throw them in the wash, throw them in the dryer, throw them on the rocking chair in dd's room. I look at it as at least I don't have to fold them like I do with the cloths.

Would the extra load of wash be a turn off to me? Absolutely not
#6 of 14 Old 07-13-2003, 08:18 PM

I love doing diapers it makes me sad to think that someday Tommy won't need them anymore. I love throwing them in dirty and taking them out clean folding them and stacking them into neat piles. As someone mentioned it is therapeutic.
#7 of 14 Old 07-13-2003, 08:41 PM

I don't hate washing them but I hate going down to my basement where the washer is. We have a very narrow stairway {read difficuly to carry a basket down the stairs} going down there with uneven steps and you have to duck while walking down the stairs because pipes and a doorway are shoulder level. It is a royal pain in the butt!
#8 of 14 Old 07-13-2003, 08:46 PM

I'm one of those nuts who looks forward to diaper washing day . I love to hang them out on the line...I'm a bit obsessive and I don't want to scare anyone so I won't say anything else
#9 of 14 Old 07-13-2003, 09:52 PM

Oh I am one of those crazies that LOVES to do laundry in general. I just love the whole process. I just got a clothesline this past Spring and now I hang my dipes out. I put all my green stitched prefolds together, then my blue stitched prefolds, then my JB's, then my homemade pocket dipes or fitteds. (my wipes I put straight in the drier to help fluff my stiff dipes when I take them off the line)

I love stacking all the dipes all sunshined

and beautiful and smelling wonderful

oops sorry I am out of control
#10 of 14 Old 07-13-2003, 10:07 PM

When I broached the topic of cloth dipers with my husband, he got this ill look on his face and I knew what he was thinking -- 'Great. More laundry. Are you nuts?'

My husband HATES doing laundry. He HATES Sundays, aka Laundry Day, because he just has this thing against doing the laundry. A few months ago I got sick of his attitude, so I told him I'd take care of the laundry. "Don't you hate it?" he asked. "No. It's just a fact of life. You wear clothes. You wash clothes. It has to get done. Like doing the dishes and taking out the garbage. No use whining about it because it HAS to get done."

And that's my attitude about washing Spike-o's CPFs and covers. Sure, we have a few more loads to do during the week, but how much work is it REALLY? The machines do all the work. What I do is nada compared to what moms in the past did to get their kids' diapers clean.

And, yeah, I'll admit that the first time I washed a poopy CPF and got it out of the wash clean, I did feel a small flush of pride. Yup, my life is that shallow. But I'd only been a mom for a few days, was still overcoming jet lag and overcoming a jet-lagged kiddo and felt all-around absolutely incompetent. Oh well.
#11 of 14 Old 07-13-2003, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Do I hate washing dipes, no But do I like washing dipes no. Honestly I dislike doing all forms of laundry but I have found that doing an extra load a few times a week is like second nature
Me too!
#12 of 14 Old 07-13-2003, 11:39 PM

Yes, I LOVE washing my dipes!
My washing routine is simple, so it doesn't take much to get the job done. I don't HAVE to fold them, but I like to. Put a doubler with some diapers, stuff my pockets, get the nighttime dipes ready.....oh, and folding my wipes and putting them in their basket....ahhhhhhhh

If only my high school friends could see me now!
#13 of 14 Old 07-14-2003, 12:36 AM

I have NO idea how this happened, but I LOVE washing my dipes! 3 months ago all I did was complain about how much laundry I do, now that we do cloth I don't mind even doing the regular laundry. I even peek in during different parts of the washing cycle just to see how they are doing!! Is that nuts???!!!??!!:
#14 of 14 Old 07-14-2003, 01:02 AM

I washing my diapers too!! The highlight of my day is pulling them out of the dryer all soft and fluffy and clean and matching each one with its specific doubler, god forbid the doublers get miss matched, and folding them in nice organized piles on the changing table. Wipes in the warmer, all hemp in one pile, other fitteds--cutest on top--go next, then the aio's. And i smile through the whole process. no other laundry in my house gets done--I'll wear the same baby puke covered shirt for 3 days just so i dont have to do laundry:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page