Are there any GOOD "natural" sposies? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 07-14-2003, 12:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are going to be on vacation at a cottage in Northport, MI, and I'm told that there's not a close or convenient laundry facility... SO, unfortunately, I'll be using sposies for the first time in almost a year!
I'm thinking of trying one of the natural brands and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I don't really want to mess with them if they disintigrate when wet or something (I'm remembering the nasty old sposies that my mom used on my sister in the late 70's.)

Does anyone have any suggestions?
#2 of 9 Old 07-14-2003, 03:35 AM

I've tried Nature Boy and Girl and Tushies. I liked NBG better although it did have some am't of gel. Tushies is very stiff, but they're ok, too. I think a little cheaper than NBG, too, and I've seen them around more often. I heard 7th Generation makes dipes, too, but I've never tried them...

Have fun on your trip!

Meghan, mom to 11yo, 8yo, and 3yo 

#3 of 9 Old 07-14-2003, 09:47 AM

we've had to go no cloth one time before and used the tushies. I was pleased with them, but i havn't used any other natural brand to compare them to
#4 of 9 Old 07-14-2003, 10:27 AM

I like Tushies in a pinch. They make the thicker, TUSHIES brand, and the thinner Tender Care brand. They are awesome as a swim diaper. We have used them on & off with our three on vacations, etc...and have never had a problem. NO GEL!
#5 of 9 Old 07-14-2003, 12:47 PM

TUSHIES!

I really like them, and we use them around here at night or when we are going out for a long time. NO GEL - which is GOOD! They also have no dioxins, dyes, or chemicals. They are 100% paper pulp, basically. Just like the old time disposables.

They also use tape, rather than velcro like Huggies and Pampers do, which I LOVE. The velcro always got caught on my son's clothes and he'd lose his diaper in his pants!! Tape stays on much better!

I buy mine at Whole Foods. You can get them at most natural food stores, and I THINK you can buy them online too at www.tushies.com.
#6 of 9 Old 07-14-2003, 12:57 PM

I've tried them all (in doing research for our upcoming trip to WDW) and I have to say nothing compared to the Seventh Generation!!!

www.seventhgeneration.com

They're unbleached and cute - they don't have an icky plastic-y outer, and they work GREAT!!

Far better than Nature Boy and Girl and Tushies!!
#7 of 9 Old 07-14-2003, 01:17 PM

Tushies!
I also have tried them all.I like Tushies the most b/c they Gel-free.
Seven Generation fit well &cute.I'm not crazy about Nature Boy & Girl.
#8 of 9 Old 07-14-2003, 03:37 PM

I used to live in Leland, MI which, like Northport, is in Leelanau County. Suttons Bay isn't too far from Northport and there's a laundromat there. With summer traffic it's probably about a 1/2 hour drive, possibly more depending on the time of day. That may be too much of a schlep for you, but I thought I'd mention it nonetheless.

My partner Daniel, my daughter Lola and I will be in Glen Arbor, MI (southern part of the county) at the beginning of August. The Leelanau pennisula is one of my favorite places in the world. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and have a wonderful vacation.
#9 of 9 Old 07-14-2003, 08:47 PM

Thank you everyone for your responses!

Thanks nohomama! It will be my first time there. Dh's family has a cottage on the water, and he spent a lot of his child hood summers there. I've heard so many wonderful things about the area, and I'm so excited that we are finally getting to go! Have fun on your trip, too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page