Im thinkin of dying my Bumpy Wool - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-14-2003, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
But im scared im scared it will run and ruin all my other things if i wash it....I mean im really carefull with stuff but things happen.....

Im also scared since this is my first dye experiment that i will ruin the cover and then i would have wasted good money....

ok im just SCARED!!!Im a wuss i know

:My 7 year old boy Ari, my fun loving husband and my life!
#2 of 3 Old 07-14-2003, 02:40 AM

I was hesitant to dye mine at first as well, but once I started, I went nuts :LOL

So long as you wash them separately for awhile, you shouldn't have any problems. Also, soak them in COLD water, vinegar and as many packets of Kool Aid to get the desired deepness and leave it all night.

Here's one I did in a tie dye style: http://www.growthspurts.com/drivee/i...5057638354.jpg The deep teal I got from soaking it overnight in Changing Cherry and the lighter, from soaking it for 4 hours in the same color.

Anyway, have fun!
#3 of 3 Old 07-14-2003, 08:09 AM

I Kool Aid dyed my Aristocrat a few months ago and I have zero problems with it leaking color. I let it sit overnight in a bowl of blue Kool Aid (2 pkgs) and then rinsed it a lot. It did leak onto a couple diapers the first few times I used it, but nothing major and it came out of the diapers completely on wash day. If you usually throw your Bumpy in the machine, I would wash it the first couple times in the sink just to make sure it is not leaking color at all. I second the vinegar rinse idea- I was too lazy to do it, but I still don't have any probs- but it should prevent any leaks in the first place. Have fun!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page