Occasional rash with nighttime diapering... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-14-2003, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I use to have a MAJOR problem with detergent buildup that caused recurring rashes with both my girls. But I'm now using Calgon with every wash, switch detergents, and use much less detergent despite my very hard water, and things have been fine for the most part. Things are great during the day, but occasionally (every 3-4 days or so), one of my daughters get a rash from the nighttime diaper. They wake up with reddness on their labia or thighs and what looks like little pimples only the fluid in there looks clear instead of whitish.

We use Fuzzi Bunz diapers with Joey Bunz inserts. For nighttime use, I put a folded CPF on TOP of the fleece of a stuffed FB. It was an attempt to see if my girls were too hot from the fleece. It seemed to work and the wetness didn't bother my girls so that's just what we're going with. Like I said, it works great for 3-4 consecutive days and then a rash. I continue to use CDs during the day, but disposables for a night or two to clear up the rash and then can return to CDs at night too. We've been through the cycle maybe 4-5 times now, and I don't know what is causing this... Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Doris
#2 of 6 Old 07-14-2003, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

bump... anyone?
#3 of 6 Old 07-14-2003, 01:23 PM

Sounds like they are allergic to fleece.

You might need to find another system.
#4 of 6 Old 07-14-2003, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Sandra,

I thought it may be a fleece thing, but at night, I put a CPF over the fleece. The rash is in areas that are covered by the CPF and not the fleece...

-Doris
#5 of 6 Old 07-15-2003, 12:45 AM

They might need more breathability- perhaps a wool cover like an aristocrat over a cotton or hemp diaper? With my first, I had to give up PUL covers and go to wool because she had a rash that wouldn't clear. (It cleared using aristoocrat wool covers).

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#6 of 6 Old 07-15-2003, 02:59 AM

I get this sometimes too. No amount of stripping seemed to solve it. I tried with fleece and without. It just seems to be (at least with my ds) the length of time in the dipe and maybe something about his urine sometimes. I know that doesn't help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page