ok how 'bout this? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-14-2003, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Newbie here. I've been thinking about switching to cloth and I'm going to transition slowly rather than go cold turkey. So I'm thinking to start I'll get 1 or 2 pocket dipes probably HH, 2 covers (bummis SWW and a beauty from lucyshopechest) 6 fitted (I'm thinking snugglebottoms) and 6 prefolds. And maybe maybe one AIO. Whaddya think? I really want to see ds in cloth
#2 of 4 Old 07-14-2003, 12:15 PM

I think it's a great idea!

You don't have to go "cold turkey" to do cloth, there are many mamas who use sposies part time for various reasons. Plus, this is a great way to build up your stash without breaking the bank all at once.

If you can get all of that from one place then you can save on shipping.

the only thing I'd add is some more covers, maybe one or two more. You can get some good pull-on covers at babies R us (pretty cheap) I've heard, I don't know what brand they are but they are not the gerber ones.
#3 of 4 Old 07-14-2003, 12:41 PM

It sounds like what I did Solticemama. I still use disposables for the babysitter but we really enjoy cloth at home.
#4 of 4 Old 07-14-2003, 02:31 PM

Sounds good to me! The only thing I might suggest is instead of getting that AIO - get a Cover-in-One. That way you get an additional cover, too! And they dry much faster.

I'm sure there are lots of places you could get one, but I got a fleece cover with hemp/fleece snap in soakers at diaperbabies.com. I love it. I bought an extra soaker so now I can re-use the cover by just snapping in a new soaker. Or, I use it with a fitted. I bought the try-before-you-buy-alot package at diaperbabies which included a fleece cover, fitted diaper (really soft), and soaker.

Julie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page