All Free and Clear - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-14-2003, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is All F&C ok to use on Happy Heinys? I remember reading on the Fuzzi Bunz site that it was not recommended. I usually use Tide Free but I want to switch for a couple of weeks or so to help with build up and I already have half a bottle of the All. So, ok or no??? :

Thanks
#2 of 11 Old 07-14-2003, 12:26 PM

I did get build up with All Free and Clear. It caused my FuzziBunz to repel. I still use it on our clothes, but bought a small box of regular Tide for diapers.
#3 of 11 Old 07-14-2003, 12:31 PM

Any of that free detergents causes my diapers to get build up BAD! The fleece for some reason just doesn't like the free stuff. I have both HH and FB.

Did you see the thread about using Calgon? I got some the other day and boy was I surprised that there were some suds in there! Try that to get rid of the build up.
#4 of 11 Old 07-14-2003, 12:37 PM

Again, a case of what works for whom in what kind of water with what kind of washing routine for what type of diaper :LOL

I have soft water here although I suspect it's highly chlorinated by the city. Anyways All Free Clear has been great with everything. I did have a detergent buildup last year that was bad but I stripped them and using even less detergent than I used to helps tremendously. I have FBs (no HH's, yet) and what caused my fleece to repel was the fact that it was the creamy buttery repelling fleece from 2002 FBs. Which is too bad because its a nicer fleece than whats' on the latest FBs.
#5 of 11 Old 07-14-2003, 12:42 PM

I use it too and I thought about switching but I have not noticed a problem yet. I think I may get some other kind time next time I go grocery shopping.

Mom of 3 sons and one daughter
#6 of 11 Old 07-14-2003, 01:23 PM

I have just started having the same problem with my fb and lukes drawers. I have been using All f&c for over a year. I think I will pick up some calgon and try it. We have been staying with my mil for the last three months and she has city water, we have well water where I live. So maybe that has something to do with it. I didn't start having the problem until we moved in with her.
We are moving back home this week So maybe that will make a difference.
#7 of 11 Old 07-14-2003, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I must have missed the Calgon thread. How do you use it and where do you buy it? I have hard water which I know is one problem with keeping things clean. The Tide Free doesn't seem to be too much of a problem. I do have some Purex I can use that isn't "Free" and some Gain, but the Gain is powder and I don't really want to use powder on dipes, KWIM?
#8 of 11 Old 07-14-2003, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by melaniewb
Thanks, I must have missed the Calgon thread. How do you use it and where do you buy it? I have hard water which I know is one problem with keeping things clean. The Tide Free doesn't seem to be too much of a problem. I do have some Purex I can use that isn't "Free" and some Gain, but the Gain is powder and I don't really want to use powder on dipes, KWIM?
Here is the Calgon thread! It really worked for me, that's for sure. I typically use this wash routine:

Soak/prewash on cold with 1/4 cup detergent (using same water for both cycles), hot wash with 1/4 cup calgon, then cold rinse. I don't use the Calgon every time though. Once I got the residue out of the diapers I have been using it about once every 3-4 washings just to make sure. I found I even had to reduce my detergent usage further (to about 1/8 cup) to prevent buildup. I use a liquid detergent right now so I have to be extra careful not to overuse it!

Hope that helps!
#9 of 11 Old 07-14-2003, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by acystay

Did you see the thread about using Calgon? I got some the other day and boy was I surprised that there were some suds in there! Try that to get rid of the build up.
Is that just regular Calgon that you put in the bath to "take you away?" Or, is there a special kind of laundry soap made by Calgon?

Do tell! I want to try this too....I've been noticing a faint "funky smell" coming from the diaper drawer!
#10 of 11 Old 07-14-2003, 10:30 PM

It's in the laundry section! Hang on, lemme go check my box.....

It's called Calgon Water Softener and it's a blue box about the size of a cracker box (think Wheat Thins size?) with a rainbow on the front.

Great stuff! We even HAVE soft water and it has helped our laundry/diapers come cleaner.

I to USAmma for posting this!
#11 of 11 Old 07-15-2003, 07:50 AM

Calgon water softener also comes in a liquid.
It's a white bottle with a rainbow on the label.
In the laundry section.
I found it in our local grocery store with the woolite and Febreeze.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page