7 doz dipes and nothing to wear! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-14-2003, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay, I think I messed up.

I started cding when dd#1 was 12 months. I used 3 doz ME one-size.

Last year I was pg and purchased 12 small Sandy's to prepare for the babe (thinking they would bridge me until the OS fit better). I ended up losing that pg.

Being pg again and due shortly, I purchased 3 doz more CPF in small (green trim?) thinking the OS and the Sandy's still look kinda big and bulky. Well, I washed them twice and they look too big too! I guess I should have got infant (newborn?) size, but I've heard so many people say that they didn't use them long enough to justify the expense.

So now I am afraid this poor babe will have a HUGE diaper butt, but I *can't* buy anymore dipes.

Someone please tell me everything is going to work out, that the CPF's will be okay....
#2 of 4 Old 07-14-2003, 05:40 PM

I didn't buy a newborn system because frankly I couldn't afford one. I started using the green stitched cpf's when my son was about 4 weeks (8 lbs 7 oz at that time) I have to say the cpf's were pretty big on him but I played around and ended up using the bikini twist and it wasn't as bulky as some of the others. The bikine twist isn't great for holding poo in JMHO
#3 of 4 Old 07-14-2003, 08:37 PM

Well, you haven't been here long enough to trade them on the trading post, but there are other places you could list a dozen of your infant prefolds for a trade of a dozen preemie sized ones...
#4 of 4 Old 07-14-2003, 11:25 PM

i started using the green stitch ones when ella was 4 wks. and they were fine. Before that i used the preemie prefolds and those are not expensive at all. Not to mention they can be used for so many other things--i still used them to wipe up puke, stuff in a cover, swifer the floor, shove inside my shirt to keep breastmilk from getting everywhere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page