Good Places for Sample/ Intro Packs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-14-2003, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I'm Daniele, a total newbie.

I'm just starting to really get into research and buying mode. I've decided to go with either prefolds & covers, or fitted diapers. I've seen the Natural Baby has sample packs, is there anywhere else I should look?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2003, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tomsgirl
Hi! I'm Daniele, a total newbie.

I'm just starting to really get into research and buying mode. I've decided to go with either prefolds & covers, or fitted diapers. I've seen the Natural Baby has sample packs, is there anywhere else I should look?

I always go to www.jacksmagicbeanstalk.com first! She has great stuff and has packages under "diapering".

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
Old 07-14-2003, 07:53 PM

www.motherease.com has an intro pack with a diaper, a liner, and a cover for a little off the whole price vs. buying them separately. I think most WAHM's will work a deal on an intro package if you ask, even if it's not on the website.

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

Old 07-14-2003, 09:16 PM

Old 07-14-2003, 11:09 PM

I like the intro packs at naturalbabies.com and naturalebaby.com. They both have well known diapers that tend to fit a lot of babies and also have good re-sale value if you get something that you don't like.

Plus these two WAHMs are super to deal with. Very reliable and very fast shipping.

New WOHM to DD8 and DD3
Old 07-14-2003, 11:25 PM

ITA with the recommendations for Natural Babies or Natural E Baby They are both WAHMs who truly know how to run a business-- fast shipping, great communication, competitive pricing, etc. However, you still might want to make your own sample packages from what they and others offer.

I'd get:
- 2 prefolds (each a different size that your child might fit into, for example, a regular and a premium)
- 2 different types of fitteds (personally, I'd go for all hemp because it's the most absorbent, and I like to err on the side of caution). I'd order one side-snapping and one front-snapping, so you can see which you prefer
-2 or 3 different types of covers. I made the mistake of trying only nylon/PUL covers and eventually discovered wool. So, you may want to try different fabrics (PUL, wool, fleece) before you buy a lot of one kind.
-Snappis!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

Old 07-14-2003, 11:36 PM

I like naturalbabies. That's were I got my starter at as well. Just ordered more cpf's ...I like the flat rate shipping.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:40 PM

babiesinthesun.com

Andrea has some great sample packs, and she is excellent to work with!
Old 07-15-2003, 01:59 AM

I have to second the www.diaperware.com suggestion. Inge has many different brands to choose from and has some great sampler packs available. She is wonderful to work with.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BabyOsMommy
www.diaperware.com/packages.html
Was going to say the same place Almost all are WAHM diapers

Liz
Old 07-15-2003, 03:55 AM

another vote for diaperware - I just bought the sz. 1 Big 8 sample pack for my friend. It is great! Good selection of quality dipes.

Meghan, mom to 11yo, 8yo, and 3yo 

Old 07-15-2003, 09:31 AM

I am a newbie as well, but I have been leaning toward the sample pack at www.barefootbaby.com . I am looking at diapering a newborn and she has a nice package of fitteds, flats covers ad AIO's for about $50. Thay also take returns for 30 days, used or not used. I am waiting until those 30 days mean something (I am still more than 120 from my due date) before I buy.

LIke I said, I am still a newbie so feel free to criticize my post. I may be barking up the wrong tree here alltogether.......
Old 07-15-2003, 10:01 AM

I agree with everyone else, Natrual Baby and Jacks Magic Beanstalk are two of my favorites too. My MIL ordered the Kissaluv package for me from diaperware.com and Inge was great to work with too. All three are wonderful WAHMs.

Good Luck,

Monique (A mama who has been lurking quite a while and thought she would finally jump in!):bf and my kiddos Matthew (2) and Rachel (5 weeks)

User Tag List