Ok talk to me about P P P P Prefolds - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-14-2003, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm scared J\K I have a few Gerber DSQ & was thinking of getting some CPF- dd is a light wetter so I am looking for trim. What size & kind?
#2 of 8 Old 07-14-2003, 07:54 PM

You'd probably do ok with standard cpfs instead of premium, since your DD isn't a heavy wetter like mine is. I prefer unbleached, just because of the chlorine/dioxin link to endometriosis (which I have) and other horrible immune system diseases. I really really love my hemp prefolds too! They are more trim than the premiums, and more absorbent! Best of both worlds. But you have to use pins on them, and I know many people aren't too comfy with that. And they cost twice what ubcpfs cost a piece!
#3 of 8 Old 07-14-2003, 08:10 PM

Quote:
I really really love my hemp prefolds too! They are more trim than the premiums, and more absorbent! Best of both worlds. But you have to use pins on them, and I know many people aren't too comfy with that. And they cost twice what ubcpfs cost a piece!
You dont have to use pins. There are wahms who make snappiable hemp prefolds
#4 of 8 Old 07-14-2003, 08:14 PM

Oh, but I'd *rather* use pins anyway! : I'm snappi-impaired... but do tell, who sells these snappi-able hemp prefolds? Got links? Are they very expensive? I might even get DH to do them if he can use a snappi on them!!
#5 of 8 Old 07-14-2003, 08:22 PM

www.wildnwoolygoods.com I have some on the way! WOOHOO I will post a review when I get them and also www.littlelounginglizards.com
They aren't really more expensive at all. You can still pin the snappiable but not snappi the just pinnable. :LOL
#6 of 8 Old 07-14-2003, 09:56 PM

Don't be afraid of CPFs! I was afraid too initially and it took me several months of on and off use before I finally got the hang of it. I now wish I had tried earlier to warm up to CPFs. For the money, they are the most absorbant and quick drying diaper. And I love how you can customize the folds for various situations.

If your DD is a light wetter, then I would definitely try the regular (4x6x4, white stitching) CPFs before trying the premiums.

I disagree slightly about hemp prefolds. While I have several and like them for nigthtime, I find them much harder to use than CPFs. And for me, I find the equivalent size to be much more bulky. I like them at night, but that's it. I also wasn't able to get a pin or snappi to work in the daggone things until I added a snappi-able piece of fabric to mine. (I have PolarBabies, Babykicks and Mom and Me hemp prefolds.) And especially, if your child is not a heavy wetter, I don't think they are worth the extra $$ and effort.

New WOHM to DD8 and DD3
#7 of 8 Old 07-14-2003, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jlazx2
I'm scared J\K I have a few Gerber DSQ & was thinking of getting some CPF- dd is a light wetter so I am looking for trim. What size & kind?
I would get a sample of each: a standard size and a premium size CPF-- just so that you're sure before you order a dozen or more. You can get samples from Natural Babies

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#8 of 8 Old 07-14-2003, 10:34 PM

ok since it is not news to everyone here, I am new to CD but not to being a mother. And I need to know about the help prefolds... so here is a silly question; What do they FEEL like? I was given an assortment of pfs by someone online, and among them are cpfs, gerber pfs & some ?hemp? they are NOT bleached white, they are BIG and STIFF & kinda thin even. are they hemp pfs?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page