Did I do this right? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-15-2003, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got all excited because I remembered that I'd left 2 ME OS at my Mom's "just in case" way back, so I got them out and they were so soft compared to the ones in regular rotation. So I did all of my ME OS in calgon last night, but I don't feel much of a difference in them. Here's what I did:

Clean diapers with 1/2 cup calgon in hot then cold rinse. Then I put them thru 2 more hot washes with no detergent/calgon or anything and dried them in the dryer. I did see suds, but not as many as I'd expected. Could it be that my expectations are higher than they should be? Is there something I missed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2003, 09:06 PM

wish I knew... I am debating going out to get calgon... our cpfs are going flat & NOTHING is as soft as it was..... Hmmmmmmmm??
Old 07-17-2003, 11:26 PM

I've been looking for Calgon and haven't found it. Where should I look?
Old 07-17-2003, 11:34 PM

I just got an older LD(it was free so can't complain) that had a sherpa inner. The serpa felt like tiny little pebbles it was so stiff and hard. I washed it once(I have soft water, so no need for calgon...take me away) and didn't notice much of a difference. It's been through a few times now, and I'm starting to notice it getting more of a sherpa feel back. I'm not sure what detergent or water type the former owner used, but it is taking a few washes to get the buildup out of it. And ftr, just to make sure, lol, I tried calgon 1x on all my dipes and narry a sud in my machine!! Made me feel good!!!
Old 07-18-2003, 01:29 AM

Quote:
I washed it once(I have soft water, so no need for calgon...take me away) and didn't notice much of a difference. It's been through a few times now, and I'm starting to notice it getting more of a sherpa feel back. I'm not sure what detergent or water type the former owner used, but it is taking a few washes to get the buildup out of it.
I think I have water on the soft side, too, but that's what's making me have a buildup problem, I think. I still haven't figured excatly what makes the diapers perfect (my test is, when DD wets there is no smell). I get detergent buildup very quickly, even with Sensi Clean.

First I ignored the Calgon idea because I thought it was just for hard water, but after reading the recent thread, I realize that it takes away any kind of buildup, which can be a big problem with soft water, too. I'm going to get some tomorrow and try it out! Not entirely sure of how I should do it, though.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

Old 07-18-2003, 01:35 AM

For those that shop there......... WAY down on th bottom row of the Detergent Isle.

User Tag List