July Diaper Garden--what will it be? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
While we're waiting, any guesses about the July Diaper Garden set? The "hot" hint still has me thinking peppers--purple peppers would be great! We've just had a green cover (May) and a red cover (June), so there is hope! LOL

Edited to add: I guess a steaming pile of compost might be considered hot, too! :LOL Maybe the time has come for compost and worms!
#2 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 02:38 PM

Will it be a July garden though? It is halfway through July, we probably won't get it until September. Sorry, just being grumpy about it I really can't wait to see what it will be but I don't have any hopes of seeing it soon. Think it will be this week?
#3 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 02:42 PM

Hey the set is up..it's invisible!:LOL I really want to get one this month so I am praying that it's girly. I think that this month will be something to do with fruit. Just not sure what fruit.
Also can you just buy the cover for the fuz garden?
#4 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by luv4sophie
Hey the set is up..it's invisible!:LOL I really want to get one this month so I am praying that it's girly. I think that this month will be something to do with fruit. Just not sure what fruit.
Also can you just buy the cover for the fuz garden?
You can just buy the cover, or you can go insane and buy everything offered! I wish I had a reservation as I have a feeling it is going to be wonderful. I got a turnip cover today in the mail from a mama here and it is so nice! Man I cannot wait to get the egg from a mama here too. I cannot wait to get all my fuz from Lori. I am so excited about this months but like everyone else the anticipation is killing me and I grow ever so impatient.
#5 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 02:50 PM

Oh is July a reservation only month? I cannot keep up.:LOL
#6 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 02:52 PM

At this point I can't even pretend not to be annoyed. I don't care what it is, I just want to see it *sob*
#7 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 02:53 PM

As far as I know, July's isn't a reservation only.
#8 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 02:57 PM

I'm curious...but since I'm not buying I guess I'm not going loony LOL
#9 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 03:07 PM

You know, I'm really interested in seeing what it will be, just because it's usually such a surprise and it's nice to look forward to something, even though I will not be buying, I like to follow along and watch you hyenas going nuts.

But it seems to me that when I first found out about the Fuz it was much more exciting...now that every month seems so long and drawn out, I, too, feel annoyed. I'm not even close to considering purchasing a Fuz but I am very discouraged at the thought of being jerked around every month(thats how i feel, can't help it, please don't be offended).

I do realize how busy Lori must be and after reading about her on the Diaperpin, I can't even imagine how she manages to find the time.....and boy, did I feel completely ignorant after reading her behind the diaper bio. But I also feel that Sugarpeas and Righteousbaby are wonderful and with them I feel like I'm, at least, in the know. Besides, I can't stand being in the dark!!!!
#10 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 03:09 PM

I am still saying it's a steaming pile of compost.

I am beyond annoyed at this point though... I just want to know what's going on, kwim?

Just someone put me out of my misery...
#11 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 03:51 PM

Quote:
But it seems to me that when I first found out about the Fuz it was much more exciting...now that every month seems so long and drawn out, I, too, feel annoyed.
ITA!! It was much more fun when you could count on seeing it by a certain time and recieving it by a certain time. Now everything is months and months away and there is never any telling when anything is going to happen
#12 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 03:51 PM

i too am getting tired of waiting, and don't even know if i will get one. Peppers sound good, something cute and girly

just bought a blue skies wool cover from a mama on the TP
i still look at it and think "how much did i spend?" its just buyers remorse. it is nice.looks like the sky

i know lori is extremely business, what an artist she is, i just wish the monthly diaper garden was more timely. but i guess you can't rush art!

#13 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 05:04 PM

It seems as though she's caught up though, May and June, 'cept seeds are going out. I don''t know either : *Gotta* be by the end of this week....but before Friday!!! Folks are tellin me that it takes a while for gen. anethesia to wear off and I won't be lucid enough to enjoy it! : I thought maybe it would be today.....well, I thought it was gonna be last Monday....yesterday......oooh! I have an email! maybe now!

but, if I could get my strawberry, I would be content....before Friday?????
#14 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wannabmommie
It seems as though she's caught up though, May and June, 'cept seeds are going out.
Well, according to her original schedule, the August Garden would have been posted in the beginning of July. So, no she's not really caught up.

I am really curious as to how she's going to get back on schedule. The only real way I can see it happening would be for her to skip a month. Or have other ppl do more of the sewing.

And yes, I'm feeling particularly PMS'ey today and all this waiting is not helping!!!!!!!!
#15 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 05:22 PM

Where did you hear she's caught up? I'm still waiting on a May order, and I've heard nothing.

Wendy
#16 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pb_and_j
Well, according to her original schedule, the August Garden would have been posted in the beginning of July. So, no she's not really caught up.

I am really curious as to how she's going to get back on schedule. The only real way I can see it happening would be for her to skip a month. Or have other ppl do more of the sewing.
That is what I thought when I read about the schedule. I hope she does just skip a month and call this next one the august diaper garden.
#17 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigbellydreams
That is what I thought when I read about the schedule. I hope she does just skip a month and call this next one the august diaper garden.

Has anyone emailed her to get an update?

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
#18 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 05:35 PM

Maybe it will be a hyena, to reward us for all our "patience."
#19 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 05:36 PM

I heard folks getting their Mays and Junes....cept you, Wendy So, that signaled to me that she was catchin up. Guess not.....
But, it must be difficult, *I* was under the impression she was solo in her ref to not having quality work from contractors. I can't see, also read in Diaper Pin, how she can what, teach at the univ too? She said she does it b/c she likes it and when she doesn't she won't. So, I'll just pray she is *still* liking it catchin up and continues to like it....forever! and gets some quality sewing help! Maybe she can recruit some of yall dipe sewers.....
#20 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 05:49 PM

either and I can say forsure that she is not caught up. Must be really stressful for her. So many orders and only two hands. There are times in my life I wish I had at least 10 hands and arms. LOL!
#21 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 05:53 PM

ok here is a novel idea..... if she is so swamped and busy why doesnt she CLOSE to orders until she gets caught up....... why keep adding to the maddness and taking more orders.....i know some one that has been waiting over 2 months for an easy wool cover.......just a thought
#22 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 05:57 PM

Well actually she did kind of stop the madness with the June cover/ firefly set. She contracts out regular wool covers and fireflies, so she didn't do the sewing on those.

Lori is really a sweet person, and I am not upset in the least about my orders not being here yet. She's trying hard to balance between family, the college, and letting everyone have a DG set who wants one. I spoke to her right after she closed the Turnip, and she really felt horrible that she had to close it and turn people away.

And actually, I'd rather have her be behind and let us order than to stop making the diapers all together or go to auction. I've waited longer for other diapers in the past, and I've never been disappointed by her work.

Wendy
#23 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ryansmom02
ok here is a novel idea..... if she is so swamped and busy why doesnt she CLOSE to orders until she gets caught up....... why keep adding to the maddness and taking more orders.....i know some one that has been waiting over 2 months for an easy wool cover.......just a thought

If it were me I'd close for orders or hire some people to help.

Stephanie + Dh= Super blessed parents to 1 ds, and 4 dds!
#24 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 06:05 PM

*definately, Wendy! But, I want my *strawberry* and I'd like to see the new *DG*!
#25 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Hi mamas,

I'm still waiting for my May and June orders too, but there's really nothing I can do to make them arrive any faster, so I thought it might be a good distraction to make some guesses about July.

Honestly I'd rather her present the DG as she can and wants to present it instead of ending it altogether because she's behind.

Lori wrote that in July she'll have some changes that will make the DG more accessible--I'm not sure what she has in store for us. Maybe we'll have the option of getting firefly diapers instead of Fuzbaby diapers, also in the diaper garden fabric? I would really love that! She has help with the firefly diapers but does the Fuzbaby herself, so that certainly would free up her time a bit.
#26 of 26 Old 07-15-2003, 06:20 PM

! oh yeah! I meant to mention that! So, that seems as though if you don't have a res....me that you would be able to get one if you want one!

A *very* good thing! :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page