I found a cloth fitted diaper in my neighborhood! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-15-2003, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was at this new 2nd hand store, down the street from my house, cute stuff but a bit pricey for used, anyhoo, I saw a bin that said CLOTH DIAPERS, so being the cd obsessed that I am, I looked and low and behold were some fitted cloth diapers, they resemble ME, they are terry and have doubler that is terry on one side and knit on the other and have metal snaps. The great thing was they we're only $2.50 each!!! I only got one to try and if I like it I may get some more. The owner of the shop is gonna look up the maker of these for me. They seem like they are gonna be absorbant
#2 of 15 Old 07-15-2003, 05:56 PM

Cool!

I always get excited when I find cds IRL, even if its just a pre-fold! LOL.

I've never found anything that nice, mostly some covers and one dsq prefold.

Julie
#3 of 15 Old 07-15-2003, 06:07 PM

I foudn a nearly new newborn wool nikky once for $2 (!) at the local once upon a child... Unfortunatly, it was my first time there, and I keep going back, hoping they will have something... nothing but gerber... yuck
#4 of 15 Old 07-15-2003, 06:14 PM

LOL! When I read your title, I pictured you finding a fitted on the sidewalk :

Anyway, that's neat! Hope they work well for you.
#5 of 15 Old 07-15-2003, 07:28 PM

That's what I was thinking too. :LOL
I LOVE it when I find clothdiapering stuff at thrift stores! The sad things is usually it's just gerber stuff, and I have to wonder if the mamas had had better stuff if they would have continued using cds.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#6 of 15 Old 07-15-2003, 07:35 PM

I once found 4 wool biobottoms at a local resale shop for 2.00 each and they had clearly never been washed or worn.
#7 of 15 Old 07-15-2003, 07:51 PM

One of our local stores has cloth dipes but usually they are the old worn out stained ones. I found out that the owner cloth diapers her son and gets the good ones for herself. :-( I did find a cool purple Dideesnug AIO at a different store today for $2.

Also found a strange one-- a Gerber AIO! It looked just like the EZ cover on the outside but inside had sposie-like inner gussets and a veeery thin pad. I don't know how it could hold anything.

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#8 of 15 Old 07-15-2003, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
OMIGOD! Suzi, which shop? Since I live like 2 seconds from your house??? Children's Orchard chick looked at me like a was a filthy, dirty woman for asking about such a disgusting item as a cloth diaper.... I'm dying to know who may have them???
#9 of 15 Old 07-15-2003, 10:01 PM - Thread Starter

Rebecca, it was a new shop in Somersworth, called Cara's Closet. Now don't be going in there and snatching them all up girl!! The owner told me she was just getting ready to call the lady up who brought them in (not sure if she made them too?) up to tell her that they are not selling, then I showed up.....LOL She was selling them a dozen for $30, but I asked her if she would sell me just one to try and she did. It's in the dryer as I type
#10 of 15 Old 07-15-2003, 10:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
12 for $30??? Man, that chick could never make $$ doing that for long, especially with the store selling on consignment...

Lemme know how it works. I promise I won't suck them all up. I just happen to have a couple more dipes around here than I need as it is. LOL!
#11 of 15 Old 07-15-2003, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Rebecca!! I just noticed your siggy line!!!!! CONGRATS GIRL!!
and, I have been to your house, and I agree LOL
#12 of 15 Old 07-15-2003, 10:20 PM

i am constantly finding cool used CD items in the 3 used baby stores near my home! Today, i found 2 newborn wool biobottoms covers. $5 each. I resisted buying these, because I will only just give them away. I have bought countless wool diaper covers from these stores, and given them away to friends or used them myself.

I have found Fuzzibunz, too, but i don't use them so i didn't buy them.

Its nice to find cool CDing things, and even a bin labeled "cloth diapers!"

tabitha

Hi, I'm Tabitha. I'm a homeschooling mother of four: ds (11) dd (9) ds (7) ds (5) And I'm expecting a fifth in 2014! Find me at http://www.omelay.blogspot.com
#13 of 15 Old 07-15-2003, 11:47 PM

I never find anything neat around here. I get so excited even if I find a gerber one, I'll buy it! :LOL They make good pads to use on the bottom of swiffers--to mop the floor.

I did run across 3 diaperaps at a garage sale. I bought them and resold them on ebay.
#14 of 15 Old 07-15-2003, 11:56 PM

I've found a few odds and ends at my local baby shops. Nothing to get excited about though. I found a few Diaperaps that were cotton and had a poly pad middle(?) a couple of Dappis, a couple of Prorap nb covers, a Bumkins AIO, a couple of Ecobabys, and a homemade fitted. They were all in sad condition. One of them even has this contraption thing in the bin that's been there forever. It looks like a mesh hammock with a belt on it. I guess you're supposed to lay a prefold in it and then bring it up and belt it on(?) Weird. I don't even know it's cloth diaper related. Neither store ever has any prefolds though.
#15 of 15 Old 07-16-2003, 12:14 AM

I just had to chime in about finding diapers at odd places.
During the spring when I was making my tour to all of the local preschool consignment sales. I bought 8 almost brand new cuddlers/kushies basic for I think $6or $8. And I also bought 3 prowrap covers for $3.

It was perfect timing as the kushies I had were getting thread bare. I normaly use prefolds at home but my dh likes to have easy diapers on hand, and I like to send these off to church and sitter as they are basically foolproof as long as you use a cover. And I am too cheap to buy any others. Although I dream of them often!
REgina

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page