Question for wool cover users - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-16-2003, 08:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I only use wool covers. I have one PUL SOS backup cover that I keep in the bottom of the diaper bag. Its for emergencies. Although, I've never used it for a cover. Twice, I've had to use it as a wet bag until i got home. :

So I was wondering, Do any of you wool only mamas have/use backup covers? What kind are they?

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#2 of 10 Old 07-16-2003, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a couple Bumpy Day covers that were my backup covers for DD#1. DD#2 uses a combo of wool and PUL/nylon (Ivy Rose, Bumkins, Featherlites). She's a heavy wetter and we have compression issues with wool since she spends so much of her day laying on her back or in the sling.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#3 of 10 Old 07-16-2003, 08:48 PM

We used Bummis Super Snap wraps as our backup.
#4 of 10 Old 07-16-2003, 08:56 PM

When I switched over to all wool, I kept 1 ME Airflow, 1 Prorap and 1 bummis Siww. I do use this on occasion if I know dd will be playing in dirt and doesn't have pants or shorts on under her dress. Very rarely though.
#5 of 10 Old 07-16-2003, 09:05 PM

I have lots of wool covers (at least 10) but still have some other covers. I have 3 PUL covers I made to specifically go with some diapers that give a sposie trim fit. Only time I use them is when I want a super trim bum. I also have 1 AirFlow left(loaned out my others) that stays in the diaper bag mostly never used(I have used it for a wet bag too! LOL). 1 prorap that sits unused. 2 fleece honeybuns that get used when I want something braethable, but need trimmer that my bulky wools when my trim wools are dirty. I think that's it. I really could get rid of everything else but my wool, but I have issues, LOL.
#6 of 10 Old 07-16-2003, 09:37 PM

i liked wool, discovered it with my son, the 3rd.. but it did leak sometimes, which was such a pain... (and yes, i lanolized, etc had bumpys and aristocrats). for my 2 daughters, i used "dappi" brand pull up pants with chinese prefolds. they are PUL or taffeta, not sure which, very soft and flexible with cloth covered elastic at the waist and legs. they are awesome AND quite cheap. the "baby's best buy" website sells packages of 2 for like 2.99 or something. used to be able to find them at sears, now all they have are diaper genies . but those are great for backup or primary use (the pants, not the genies). they stand up to washing, just hang 'em to dry. my 2nd daughter wore my first daughter's dappis! my son used them most of the time, except when i felt like trying wool, but i usually reverted to my old ways because it worked the best for us.
#7 of 10 Old 07-16-2003, 09:59 PM

I have no leaks with my soakers- Little Turtle Knits daytime and Aristocrats at night, but I keep a couple of back-up old ME AF covers around for playing in dirt or on the sandy beach (this wool grabs sand and it gets in the bed).

I also use A ME AF cover as a "swim diaper" on the beach just by itself.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#8 of 10 Old 07-16-2003, 11:52 PM

I don't have any backup covers, though I really should have something for the pool. I don't want chlorine on my wool.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#9 of 10 Old 07-17-2003, 12:14 AM

When I switched to wool I didn't get rid of all of my other covers, so I still have some ME AirFlows and Rikki Wraps and a Stacinator So Simple! I use them very rarely, like if DS has diarrhea, since I don't want to wash my wool with every change.

I keep an AirFlow tucked in my diaper bag, but I don't think I've used it more than once. :
#10 of 10 Old 07-17-2003, 12:26 AM

hippiemom--I just rediscovered our dappi pullons a couple days ago. I love my cuddlebuns but hated how none of our covers (front closing) fit well over them. Then I remembered I had the dappis and pulled 'em right on over the CB. Yay! I've been a daytime CB fool the last couple of days! :LOL

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page