The FUZ is annoying me - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 25 Old 07-16-2003, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just want to say that I am really sick and tired of being told that my FUZ order will take 4-5 weeks and then hearing nothing for 8 weeks, then e-mailing only to be told that it's being worked on and there is such a backlog of orders. I know, I know it's art, but IMO it is unacceptable to expect people to just wait and wait. Besides, for diapers and covers of the cost and wait time of FUZ, they should be perfect and you know what? Often they are not. I am sorry, but I am feeling Fuz sour. I think I may cancel the order.
#2 of 25 Old 07-16-2003, 09:08 PM

I have never bought a fuz - never even been tempted... but I want to say if it is making you this unhappy I don't think it is worth it. if cancelling will bring you peace then you should.

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#3 of 25 Old 07-16-2003, 09:09 PM

what did you order?

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
#4 of 25 Old 07-16-2003, 09:37 PM

you feel it is driving you crazy and making you feel awful then maybe you should cancel. My first order took three months to get to me. But she combined two orders and they were not small either. I got a few more orders that she will probably combine which is fine with me because it helps with the customs charges and all. Plus I like getting loads of fuz all at once. It really is worth the wait................trust me.
#5 of 25 Old 07-16-2003, 09:52 PM

For the price I paid for mine, I expected it to be perfect, too- and it wasn't.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#6 of 25 Old 07-16-2003, 09:52 PM

Hi Meg,

I probably would just wait at this point unless you've changed your mind and don't want/need the things you ordered. It is frustrating though. My dd hasn't changed sizes lately so I haven't been desperate to get my orders, which makes it easier to wait. Maybe I should start ordering larges for dd and NB/smalls for ttc baby! :LOL
#7 of 25 Old 07-16-2003, 10:10 PM

Sorry, Meg!

IMO, NO diaper is worth a 8-12 week wait--none. If they can't handle the backlog, they need to stop taking so many orders, so they can fullfill their customer service obligations.

Just my .02
#8 of 25 Old 07-16-2003, 10:23 PM

I feel your pain. I was somewhat unhappy with the customer service when I asked for a time frame on my fuz-easy. I got a terse e-mail reply that the time frame was 4-5 weeks (as she stated in the reply to my order). It wasn't until I pointed out that it had already been nearly six that I got a more definitive answer, with the excuse that the june diaper garden was being finished first.

I don't mind waiting so much as I mind the misleading estimate. (and I did feel she was a little snotty)
#9 of 25 Old 07-16-2003, 10:54 PM

Hehehehe...yes, I am laughin at everyone's pain here, b/c I just wait for the buyer's remorse to set in and then snag them off the TP....right size, great fit, and less than one week's wait, wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Yes, I did have to rub that in.

Seriously, I'm VERY impatient and don't think I could do that wait...soooooo many times I've filled a cart there then never followed thru, and am glad I didn't...I recently (like in the last couple or few weeks) got a blue skies set and that was from, what, March?!! I'm curious to see, but doubt I'll buy July b/c I fear ds will be all done diapering by the time it would arrive, LOL!

I'd cancel if I felt as strongly as the OP, but just to own at least one thing fuz, is definitely worth the wait and a must have for any diaper addict/hyena/lover/aficionado/you get the idea.......

I hope you find resolution soon-whether it be the arrival or cancellation! It is just a poo catcher afterall, kwim
#10 of 25 Old 07-16-2003, 11:50 PM

I am going through the same wait with another wahm. I ordered my diapers 6 weeks ago and have heard nothing. I finally asked about my order a couple days ago only to find the diapers still weren't even made yet. My big fear is that now my son will not fit into the diapers once I get them. If I had known it would take this long I would have ordered the next size up. I think it is crazy to have to wait this long , especially after seeing that the WAHM filled some wholesale orders during my wait.
#11 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 12:01 AM

I think I would feel similarly. I don't even buy fuz except for one I traded and then traded to someone else, and I'm irritated with the wait for the July garden. : (I know, I should get over myself). However, I still think at this point you might want to wait it out and then get rid of it once it arrives. I'm sorry you're so bugged--I'd be irritated by snotty email responses too!
#12 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 12:04 AM

Well, you will probably really like the stuff if you can wait it out. It has good resale value too. I don't know what to tell ya though... I'm feeling a bit sour myself on the whole Fuz thing.

Maybe it's the full moon? Or do we all have PMS? <--- that's me right now
#13 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 12:10 AM

You know things are bad when Julie is feeling sour on Fuz! She's the Fuz Queen!

#14 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 12:16 AM

I WANT A SMALL FUZBOMB IVE BEEN DYING TO GET ONE AND NO ONE WANTS TO LET LOOSE... and i cant wait 3 months for one....

:My 7 year old boy Ari, my fun loving husband and my life!
#15 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by abigailvr
You know things are bad when Julie is feeling sour on Fuz! She's the Fuz Queen!
:LOL Abigail!
#16 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 02:36 AM

Well, you are!
#17 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 04:54 PM

well, I cancelled my order for 2 fuz easies. They were supposed to ship relatively soon, but I just don't want them any more. I haven't really liked wool so far - I'm more of an air-flow kind of gal. They're cheap, they're available, and I don't have to do anything special with them.

I'm sure that they're very nice covers, but I'm just not enough of a hyena to bow to the goddess of fuz.
#18 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 06:39 PM

I am not impressed. Used to be. Not any more.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#19 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 07:03 PM

I never order anything with more than a 2 week waiting period. Diapering is like an event-- it has a beginning and an end. Thus, there is a finite time that I'll be able to use an item, even if I have more kids. So, a long wait time for me means value is lost. An indefinite wait time or wait time of 8 weeks or more is just unacceptable to me. I'm not saying it's an inherently unacceptable practice, because many people are fine with it, it's just not okay for me.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#20 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 07:37 PM

I only ordered Fuz once, and it was somewhat a big order~ 3 buzfuz dipes and 3 fuzbombs... and I asked that they could be shipped promptly as I was leaving the country soon for several months...
I found she was very helpful w/ helping me pick the correct size and she gpt my order out quick, and it was all seemingly perfect.

But I would not tolerate poor service, especially for the prices of Fuz! And I can't justify waiting more than 2 weeks.
If she is that behind then she should hire a couple seamstresses. Customer service is sooo important!!
#21 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 08:59 PM

like, 3+ years ago lol, I ordered from a very popular wahm, paid, and waited 6 months for my order. That's the way it was. I think we're very fortunate to have so many creative, talented, and in-demand wahms available today It is unfortunate they are so in demand that our orders take 8+ weeks, but it's also so hard to find good help that will not completely wipe out the profits of staying in business.

Cheers, Carolyn
#22 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by cgarthe
like, 3+ years ago lol, I ordered from a very popular wahm, paid, and waited 6 months for my order. That's the way it was. I think we're very fortunate to have so many creative, talented, and in-demand wahms available today It is unfortunate they are so in demand that our orders take 8+ weeks, but it's also so hard to find good help that will not completely wipe out the profits of staying in business.
Good point Carolyn. I remember when Amy owned Firefly Diapers and she had 100 name waiting lists. You had to wait months to get on her list, and then wait monts to get your order! She was very good about keeping her list updated however. I think that's one of the main issues ppl are having w/ the Fuz wait... the updates are few and far between and you never know what the status of your order is. Ppl don't want to feel "pesky" either and keep asking her though, kwim?
#23 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by pb_and_j
Good point Carolyn. I remember when Amy owned Firefly Diapers and she had 100 name waiting lists. You had to wait months to get on her list, and then wait monts to get your order! She was very good about keeping her list updated however. I think that's one of the main issues ppl are having w/ the Fuz wait... the updates are few and far between and you never know what the status of your order is. Ppl don't want to feel "pesky" either and keep asking her though, kwim?
that is soo true...i mean i feel like im bothering everytime i ask a question and really what has held me back a bit on the fuz is just that the wait is so long and the updates are non existing...I mean truthfully i put my name of the Ellbee Baby sight and now ....i just am really thinking i dont want them....Its just i think that truthfully i cant wait that long for a diaper...i mean i just cant....im really impatient...

#24 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 10:10 PM

Quote:
I think that's one of the main issues ppl are having w/ the Fuz wait... the updates are few and far between and you never know what the status of your order is. Ppl don't want to feel "pesky" either and keep asking her though, kwim?
Exactly! I honestly didn't mind the wait itself. It did bother me that when I asked for an update she sent a cranky reply without even bothering to check on when my order had been placed, etc. I also kind of got negative vibes when I phone-ordered some fireflies, so I may have been pre-disposed to a negative reaction. I'm getting the idea from the comments here and my own experience that being in demand is wearing on the fuzmama. I don't blame her, but I'd rather order from someone who's happy to have my business.

With that said, it was kind of just a "last straw" thing for me. I've been kind of disappointed with a lot of my diaper purchases lately, I've been spending way too much money searching for the ultimate diaper (which strikes me as ridiculous even as I write it), and I'm also suffering from some bar-exam angst.
#25 of 25 Old 07-17-2003, 10:17 PM

OOOOHHHH Bar exam....YIKES!!! Good luck honey thats where ill be in like 2 years....lol...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page