tie dyed prefolds? prefolds in general? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-17-2003, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I read about tie dyed prefolds somewhere but now I can't find the link. If you have any information I would love it.

Also, in your experience if a toddler is in a snappied prefold with no cover does that work? Does baby take the snappie and pull it off? TIA
#2 of 8 Old 07-17-2003, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My DS hasn't removed a Snappi, although he does find it interesting. I do let him run around the house with a shirt and CPF occasionally, but wouldn't do pants or leave the house like that.
#3 of 8 Old 07-17-2003, 02:46 PM

Do you mean where to *buy* tie dyed prefolds or how to make them?

You can buy a kit at Wal-Mart or JoAnn that includes three colors of dye, squirt bottles, soda ash, etc...it has everything - for like $9.99.

This is the best kind - DON'T use Rit - it sucks.

There are great directions in the package on how to dye and get different patterns.

It says it dyes 8 garments, but I was able to dye around 20 - since they were small. I'd say you can easily do 2 dozen CPFs, maybe even 3 (there are directions on watering down the dye to get pastels in the package).

As for the snappi'd prefold - we do them all the time at home. DD has been able to unsnappi one side before, but that was only once. For the most part she leaves them alone.

They do get wet on the outside, so if you don't want damp spots on the furniture, get a wool cover for around the house. We just let her go coverless and change her as soon as she pees in it. That way we REALLY know when she pees! :LOL
#4 of 8 Old 07-17-2003, 03:00 PM

Carolyn at Luke's Drawers carries prefolds dyed by Carrie at Crunchybaby. http://wahhostingnetwork.com/cgi-bin...wers/store.cgi
#5 of 8 Old 07-17-2003, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Okay cool Yeah I have two wool covers coming to me right now WOOHOO. I thought some tie dyed prefolds would be super cute. Does anyone make them and sell them? (Just curious as to how the finished product turns out)
#6 of 8 Old 07-17-2003, 03:44 PM

#7 of 8 Old 07-17-2003, 05:09 PM

The problem I have with a snappi prefold with no cover is that the snappi snags on things (couch, me) and my toddler gets stuck.

I tie dyed a few prefolds the other day.... let's just say I need to work on my artistic skills. They aren't the greatest looking.

I don't want to use any more of my good prefolds but thought if I can pick up some used ones, I'll give it another try.
#8 of 8 Old 07-17-2003, 07:19 PM

You can get hand dyed prefolds at The Cotton Cloud

They are not tye dyed but are dyed really pretty colors. She also has hand dyed Motherease diapers , which I just ordered two of.

Carol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page