What kind of freebies do you send with diapers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-17-2003, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just about every time i get diapers, i get the greatest freebies from these wonderful mama's. I wanna give freebies too!!! But they all give really cool stuff that they've made and i cant make anything I am a really good cook though, but i doubt anyone wants me to send a bowl of chili with they're sugarpeas: My best friend said i could send a cool recipe but, i dont know , does that sound stupid : So what are some really good freebies you've either given or gotten? Today i received some awesome little tiny solid perfumes and lip balm from phishmama, some nice wipes, a couple pail deoderizers, a free diaper once, homemade soap, and homemade lotion..that's all i can think of right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2003, 12:49 AM

Quote:
So what are some really good freebies you've either given or gotten?
I've gotten free washies, doublers, deodisks, soap samples, coupons (for the WAHM's site), and air fresheners. Never a free diaper, though - you must've been a REALLY good customer!
Old 07-17-2003, 01:02 AM

I don't usually get freebies when buying from the TP, usually just when I buy direct from WAHM's. Sometimes if someone buys a wool cover from me I will include a sample pack of Eucalan. If I have any nice extra wipes I will include one of those w/ a big purchase too.
Old 07-17-2003, 01:05 AM

Just ordered Eucalan for my freebies - and I've sent out Baby Bee stuff and DeoDisks with swaps
Old 07-17-2003, 01:06 AM

I have gotten one freebie from a WAHM, a velour wipe. That's it :LOL
Old 07-17-2003, 01:12 AM

eucclan samples, lansinoh samples, soap samples, lotion samples, cloth wipes, lip balm, burts bees samples, MOTHERING mags, bath salt samples, deo disks, coupons....hummmm thinking of what else.......
if you can't make anything yourself i know that some wahmamas sell samples of their stuff really cheaply, as it is advertising for them as well.....kwim?
i would ask around......
Old 07-17-2003, 01:18 AM

I used to give Sensi-Clean samples.

I give candy - all though I'm out at the moment :
Old 07-17-2003, 01:25 AM

I love getting Euculan samples! I always seem to run out. I also love the wipes. My dd opens them and coos, "this is a washcloth! This is too cute to wipe Bens bum with!" :LOL

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
Old 07-17-2003, 02:27 AM

gaiamom - you are speaking about 'trades,' correct? Please remember that WAHMs cannot respond with regards to what 'freebies' they give out b/c it is considered solicitation for their business.

If it is as I read it to be - what mommas send to each other in trade, then this isn't the right place for WAHMs to post as WAHMs, but instead . . . just as momma to momma.

I will be asking for some editing - if you are a WAHM that has responded to this thread with the misunderstanding that you could list your 'samples' you give out with products from your site, please edit. Definitely feel that you can answer as a fellow MDC Member though!
Old 07-17-2003, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry Heather. I wasnt thinking about wahms responding, but wahms feel free to respond on things you've gotten from other mama's. With the execption of the wipes, and lotion, the other stuff i got as freebies was from trades and such on the TP not neccesarily from wahms.
Candy!! Who said that?? Thats a great idea!
Old 07-17-2003, 09:21 AM

are wipes, candy (I don't really like that much), extra doublers, samples of Burts Bees, soap samples.......
Old 07-17-2003, 09:26 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, screw the candy idea then:

Was the recipe idea stupid too:
Old 07-17-2003, 09:32 AM

I am just not a HUGE candy eater and I had 1 pack of M&Ms given to me smash open and get all over the wool cover I had bought. Was not pretty at first but it did eventually come out. Also I would usually open Aarons dipe packages with him and I don't let him eat alot of candy (some I do) and if he saw it he would want it. Plus as much as I love the online community ya just don't know the person on the other side of that computer. More times then not I would throw the candy away. The gesture was appreciated though but I am just an oddball I guess. I think a recipe is a GREAT idea. Coupons are good, samples are always good, or little note pads.......

HTHs
Old 07-17-2003, 09:52 AM

I have recieved an extra diaper once or twice, snappis, disposable diaper liners (maybe DD can draw on them, or I can pass them along to someone else), a cloth wipe, but usually I don't get anything extra. I hate to say it, but the only time I threw in something extra was when someone I was trading with had another post on TP saying that they had a friend in desperate need of premie baby girl clothes, so I put some of DD's premie clothes in there for her friend.
Old 07-17-2003, 10:25 AM

I have gotten wipes, candy (did NOT like that), soap, lotion, lip balm, sample of sensi-clean... hmm that's all I can think of but I'm sure there is more I LOVE gifties!! ('cept for the candy LOL)
I think a recipe is an awesome idea

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Old 07-17-2003, 10:28 AM

I think the recipe is an awesome idea too - oooh, recipes for baby food - that is an even cooler idea!! Lori of Fuzbaby sent a recipe with a couple of her Fuzbaby Gardens and I have them tucked into my box!
Old 07-17-2003, 10:38 AM

I think the recipe idea is a good one, too. I think any little added extra that I receive makes me feel special. Like the mama took an extra moment out of her busy schedule to include something to make me smile.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:08 AM

I've gotten samples mostly... burts bees, dipe detergent, etc. Tuesday's Bear gave an extra cover and a bar of soap but that was a special treat for being a buyer of the first stock. Eva from Ducky Buns gave me an extra prefold with my order when I got a dozen... that was nice

As for me... I didn't start out giving freebies but the last set of people who bought FB's from me I packed in an extra wipe from SMAJE (or however you spell it, LOL!).

I love freebies so I like the idea of giving them too. Doesn't have to be anything big...
Old 07-17-2003, 11:15 AM

I have gotten a bunch of different things, coupons, soap samples, informational flyers (breast health info, and other interesting stuff) lotion samples, a pen, a tiny note pad, a toy for the older kids once.

Now if you can't make things yourself, and want to do freebies you can always check out http://www.orientaltrading.com/otcwe...namespace=main they have all kinds of things you can get cheap to give out! Don't sweat the fact that you can't make anything, you can find all kinds of options there!
Old 07-17-2003, 12:10 PM

I like the recipe idea. Good recipes and cooking ideas are valuable! I have recieved a snappi when I purchased prefolds and it made my week! I'd like washies or doubler as a bonus too. They are practically scraps to a seamstress anyway. I think the point is the fact that it is a "thoughtful bonus". A teeny "above and beyond expectation" that makes them special. (and if they further you business-bonus to you)
Old 07-17-2003, 12:27 PM

Well, recently I can think of the following that I got:
sample of Eucalan, free washie or two, pail pals, um and thats all I can think of.

From trading post stuff, I've recently given out some diaper wash, wipe solution, eucalan samples, snappis, burts bees stuff oh, and a SMJAE stuffer.
I try to send things that I think the person might use, according to what they pm'ed me about, kwim???

Chris Mama of J, A, C and M
Surromama of four
Old 07-17-2003, 12:42 PM

I love the recipe idea, I'm always looking for good recipes!!
I've gotten mini soap samples, washies, stickers for the boys (which they ADORE!!), and some burt's bees samples
Old 07-17-2003, 02:22 PM

I have gotten free washies and that is my favorite. I once got a full size bar of soap from Sherry of Natural Simplicity and I liked that (made my package smell really good too!). I've gotten sample sizes of soaps and I like those. I once ordered from Snickerdoodles and she gave a recipe in there for snickerdoodles cookies and I thought that was neat. I also have gotten refrigerator magnet business cards and since I am a fridge magnet fiend, I really like those!

I recently sold a ton of our stash on eBay and I stuck a Blow-Pop in everyone's package. They all thanked me for it afterwards, so I'm assuming it was a hit and not as liable to melt or get smushed. I have never gotten a candy freebie but I would really like it.

If you send prefolds, I think a link to folding tips is really invaluable, as lots of mamas who haven't used them don't know the folds or maybe there is one a prefold user hasn't tried yet - I didn't know about the bikini twist until I'd been CDing a long time.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:35 PM

I have rec'd soaps, bath salts, baby bath, baby bum cream, baby shampoo, cloth wipes, pens, ribbons, hot/cold pack, doublers, covers<.............. yes a cover to match my diaper once! It was so special!! Still have it too. I have also received extra diapers too from a few different wahms. Sometime I get testers and I never even asked to test........LOL! I bet that is cause I have tried so many that they know I know my diapers.........LOL! Oh and I got free embroidery a few times and mamacloth too!! I feel so special. I am still waiting for the all free and paid vacation to Hawaii............LOL! :LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL :LOL
Old 07-17-2003, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mommytomy4kids
I am just not a HUGE candy eater and I had 1 pack of M&Ms given to me smash open and get all over the wool cover I had bought. Was not pretty at first but it did eventually come out. Also I would usually open Aarons dipe packages with him and I don't let him eat alot of candy (some I do) and if he saw it he would want it. Plus as much as I love the online community ya just don't know the person on the other side of that computer. More times then not I would throw the candy away. The gesture was appreciated though but I am just an oddball I guess. I think a recipe is a GREAT idea. Coupons are good, samples are always good, or little note pads.......

HTHs
No, your not odd! It is normal practice to check candy before you eat it and if you child does not eat much candy like mine then you do not want them to even see it. I feel the same way about candy and to receive it from an online purchase puts the caution lights in my brain on too. I prefer to not receive food for the simple reason it is illegal to transport food across the border in the mail system. Only truck drivers and food brokers have a license to do that. IF food is found in an envelope with a diaper say the person who sent it could be fined! Seriously.
Old 07-17-2003, 02:55 PM

The reason I'd like the candy is because *I* would eat it... my kids would never even know it came in the mail. Sheesh, like I want to share anything else with them :LOL

I didn't know that about shipping food to Canada, though, so that is good info
Old 07-17-2003, 05:37 PM

I have received all the usual things that were mentioned. I think my favorites were the soap samples and the recipes. I don't like the candy either, it usually goes in the trash, unless I really know the person I am getting the items from.
Old 07-17-2003, 05:39 PM

I got some great washclothes and inserts and these fleece things that keep the moisture away from Kaeleb's "tender areas". They were wonderful!!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 05:48 PM

I've been sent all of the above things as well, but I have NOT seen any candy! But if I did happen to have some Godiva or Milka in my package....I wouldn't throw it away...or share!
Old 07-17-2003, 06:03 PM

Love the recipe idea. You could create a nice little tag with the recipe on it with nice handmade papers and velum (sp?).

I tape my favorite recipes (albeit for soap or to eat) inside one of my kitchen cabinets. I would love a pretty little recipe tag to tape up there. : )

The only free thing I have received was a velour wipe and its beautiful. I was so excited - mostly considering I had spent WAY more somewhere else and didn't get a thing for free!

User Tag List