Where can I find fitted diapers with gussets? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-17-2003, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in desperate need of a fitted with gussets for my toddler. You'd think it would be the breastfed 1 yr old we'd be having a poop containment problem with, but it is my 2 yr old.

Bodinks is closed. Or I'd be trying those for sure. I have an order in with elbee for a dozen dipes with sidewalls, which would probably work wonderfully on him and be a lifesaver right now, but I am #82 if i recall correctly, so that means I'll get my diapers in September or October at this rate, and I need some now.

Any suggestions? I've been checking out some great looking diapers I have on the way or want to try- kindhearted women, sugarbums, firefly. But none of those have gussets. Help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-17-2003, 06:54 PM

I've never seen fitteds with gussets

We always used an elasticized leg fitted (like kissaluvs or Sandy's) and used a gusseted *cover*.
#3 of 6 Old 07-17-2003, 07:12 PM

If you know how to sew or know someone that does, the PooPocket pattern is my favorite gusseted diaper and is easy to make. I wish you luck in your search.

Ahhh tea the essence of life.
#4 of 6 Old 07-17-2003, 07:40 PM

Country comfort diapers have gussets. These are not natural diapers (material contains a big percentage of polyester) and the velcro is not the greatest but the gussets definately help them contain the messes. Used with a snug cover they are really good. They are also very inexpensive .

-BelovedBird

Mom of 5 boys- 13, 10, 8, 2 : and newbie Aug. 24th, '09 . babywearing advocate . Cook, baker, homemaker, wife to a man with another woman's kidney (live altruistic, unknown donor).
#5 of 6 Old 07-17-2003, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
All I can think of right now are elbee and zootkitty, and both are hard to come by.

I got a prowraps aio recently and actually really like it. It's cpf fabric inside, in a quick-dry design, with huge gussets and snaps (well, snap tape, but it works). They're frequently on ebay.
#6 of 6 Old 07-17-2003, 10:45 PM
des

Zootykitty is the only gussetted diaper I know off, but I don't know if she's taking orders or not...
I always heard good things about them, but never tried one myself.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page