pocket diapers for newborn - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-17-2003, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you recommend this?
Trying to finally decide what to try for my newborn stash, and i'm really interested in Happy Heinys, etc. Then again, last week I was thinking CPFs and covers, and then there are the Kissaluv 0s...

I want affordable, but more importantly I want convienence and quality.
I don't know!!!!

Hope I'm not posting too many questions tonight!
#2 of 6 Old 07-17-2003, 10:52 PM

I have decided to try a little of each. I have some CPFs and newborn prorap covers, some small happy heinys, and some kissaluv 0. I figure it is good to have something of each type and then when you know what you like best you can sell the others and get more of what you want.
#3 of 6 Old 07-17-2003, 11:04 PM

I'm going to try a few of everything too. I have ordered several different types of fitteds though since I know I don't like kissaluvs (not absorbant enough for us).

Also, if you are thinking of BF, you might find these gusset pockets interesting. I ordered a couple to try--hope I like them!

http://www.doodlebottoms.com/store/ (they are in the custom pocket dipes section)
#4 of 6 Old 07-17-2003, 11:07 PM

They are a bit pricey for full time, but they are nice. I haven't tried the latest small HH on a newborn, so I don't know how it fits, though, or how much you can stuff in it. I would try one first and see how you like them, since not every product suits everyone.
#5 of 6 Old 07-18-2003, 08:55 AM

My baby was bor on 7/7/03 and weighed 8lb 10oz but dropped to 7lb 12oz before jus starting to gain and I really love my happy heinys. I put them on her as soon as we got home and they have a great fit. I have 10 or so and they run pretty small except two of mine are a little bigger. I bought all of mine used so Im not sure why some are smaller. I also have the kissaluvs and the contours. Ot of the two kissaluvs I prefer the contors with a cover. The kissaluvs IMO arent very absorbant and I wasnt crazy about the fit. Another good one I love are www.mudpiebabies.com they fit my newborn great and didnt aggravate her cord. Goodluck. Im getting ready to sell the contours and size o's if you decide to go that route pm me.
#6 of 6 Old 07-18-2003, 02:34 PM

Mel, HH have gone through a couple design changes. The smalls used to be REALLY small (I loved the fit on my boy when he was tiny, but he outgrew it much earlier than I expected). She has been making them a little bigger for a while now, and I THINK that recently, the wing tabs might have been shortened. Perhaps the wing tab change is only on the bigger sizes, though. I know Linda would be glad to explain any changes if you PM her, though.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page