Diaper bags - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Was wondering what diaper bags work best for cloth diapering, what do you use?
#2 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 10:21 AM

I just use my one step ahead diaper bag and have a wet bad from This Old Bag for wet diapers.
#3 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 10:25 AM

i got mine especially made at this old bag and they each cost about 30.00 with their own matching wet bag and pad...they are awsome though.......

:My 7 year old boy Ari, my fun loving husband and my life!
#4 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 10:45 AM

I also reccomend http://www.thisoldbag.com/
She has great prices and work great for a diaper bag. And She super nice to work with...
#5 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 10:52 AM

We use a Petunia Pickle Bottom Boxy Backpack - mostly we use our Sunset Dragon Roll so far - but we also have an Avocado Roll

They are INCREDIBLE - and hold SOOOO many diapers!!!!
#6 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 11:15 AM

I usually use a Lands End Little Tripper bag. It only holds maybe 2 diapers and just a few small extras, but it's fine for short jaunts. I don't really have anything I'm thrilled with for longer periods away from home. I desperately want a P. Pickle boxy backpack, but they are are soooo spendy! They are beautiful!!
#7 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 11:21 AM

Love my Sally Spicer baby bag!

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#8 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 11:30 AM

I love my McKenzie Kids Expedition backpack and my Lands End Little Tripper. I am about to get a Sally Spicer Baby Bag and am SO excited!

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#9 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 12:03 PM

Cassie is AMAZING to work with and she had a bad and diaper made for me and in the mail within a few days of my order. I am in Canada so it'll probably take a couple of weeks to get to me but I am SO impressed with the customer service (and I have a couple of friends who also have her bags and they have raved about how nicely sewn they are as well!)

Her site is http://www.tydytykes.com

Steph

Steph~~momma to Rhys 2002, Niamh 2004, Isla 2007 and Deirdre 2009
#10 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 12:29 PM

i use an old navy diaper bag back pack thing but i will use my sally spicer one when i get it fromt he coop oh i can not wait.....
#11 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 01:47 PM

As soon as the sally spicer bag gets here, I'll use that but for now I alternate between one wahm tote and a wahm hawaaian print duffle. I just hate that neither fasten closed

Chris Mama of J, A, C and M
Surromama of four
#12 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 06:52 PM

I use my Sally Spicer baby bag. I've had it for over three months and it's great!
#13 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 07:20 PM

I use a Sally Spicer bag and really like it. I also like the Gap backpack diaper bag and my Urban Fibers bag. What I am really longing for is a Petunia Picklebottom and a Kate Spade diaper bag.
#14 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 08:26 PM

OOOH! Major Diaper Bag Envy! LOL!

I have been drooling over those Petunia Picklebottom backpacks for months now! I'm so glad to hear they are as functional as they are adorable!

Hey question though--how big is the fold out changing pad? Is it really big enough or should I still plan on carrying one with me?
#15 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 09:37 PM

I love my Mom About Town bag. The only drawback is it is always open on top. That makes it easy for me to reach into, but I'd prefer being able to close it. I'm looking forward to my Sally Spicer bag, too.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#16 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 11:22 PM

I have a lands end little one that is nice for just going to the store. I've also made a messenger style bag as well as a lovely tote bag. These are my favorite cause they have more character.

Edited to add I love my urban fibers tote - http://www.urbanfibers.com/store/
#17 of 20 Old 07-18-2003, 11:24 PM

my best friend hand decorated a Land's End type bag with my dauhter's name and fairies. It's adorable and big and roomy. For wet diapers and my cloth wipes, etc I purchased several things from happy tushies. http://www.happytushies.com/
#18 of 20 Old 07-19-2003, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KellyMomma
OOOH! Major Diaper Bag Envy! LOL!

I have been drooling over those Petunia Picklebottom backpacks for months now! I'm so glad to hear they are as functional as they are adorable!

Hey question though--how big is the fold out changing pad? Is it really big enough or should I still plan on carrying one with me?
They are plenty big - that's my favorite feature! LOL!! We use the bag part like a pillow and DD is 17mos.
#19 of 20 Old 07-20-2003, 02:15 AM

I use my laptop computer bag, a Trager Intercontinental Laptop backpack which I got at ebags.com. It is super roomy and works surprisingly well as a diaper bag. The best part is the compartment that holds the computer laptop (which I don't carry when using this as a diaper bag!) is the *perfect* size for a Happy Tushies Wonder Bag with room to spare in the main compartment for a blanket, bottles, extra diapers, etc. I put the changing pad and burp cloth in an outer flap pocket, and I already had the extra insides (wet bag, insulated bottle bag, changing pad) that normally come with a diaper bag. Other advantages are that I will get many years of mileage (literally) out of this bag for carrying my computer after diapering years are over, and it's got great capacity as a carry-on for airplane trips. The drawbacks are that it's expensive and doesn't have outside pockets for bottles.

If I ever shop for a real diaper backpack one of these days, I was wondering whether anyone has tried the Eagle Creek Parent Survival Pack? Babyworks sells it under diapering accessories, so I guess it must be CD friendly. It doesn't show the inside, so I was wondering whether anyone had experience with it and could tell how much fits into the main compartment.

http://www.babyworks.com/catalog/pro...4&pf%5Fid=1445
#20 of 20 Old 07-20-2003, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by late-night nan

If I ever shop for a real diaper backpack one of these days, I was wondering whether anyone has tried the Eagle Creek Parent Survival Pack? Babyworks sells it under diapering accessories, so I guess it must be CD friendly. It doesn't show the inside, so I was wondering whether anyone had experience with it and could tell how much fits into the main compartment.

http://www.babyworks.com/catalog/pro...4&pf%5Fid=1445
Yes, I have the Eagle Creek Parent Survival Pack! I love it! It fits a lot of stuff (maybe too much). The main compartment has one inner pocket. The front pocket is great, having 4 (I think) mini pockets and one larger one with a zip. Then there's a zipped pocket on one side and two open pockets on the other (for water bottles). There's also a front pocket that holds the changing pad.

In the main compartment of my bag, I have:
- 1 AIO
- 1 prefold + cover
- 1 Gerber diaper used as burp cloth
- 1 wet bag
- 1 outfit and hat
- 1 fleece blanket
- 1 small toy
- 1 sling
- my wallet
- bunch of plastic ziplocs
- a small pouch containing baby stuff (nail clippers, thermometer, aspirator, etc.)
- a small pouch containing my stuff (moisturizer, ibuprofen, makeup)

I think I can fit more stuff in there!

I got mine at Sierra Trading Post (http://www.sierratradingpost.com/) for $45. They're having free shipping right now.

HTH,
Cathy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page