We Had Our First Leak - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-18-2003, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In a disposable!

Ha!

My husband wrapped up Spike-o in a Luvs stinkeroo (how do you get disposable diaper "perfume" out of the air?) last night after we bathed our little beauty, and this morning my mom picked up Mr. Wakey-Wakey and found he'd leaked.

Hmmm, never happened when I put him in cloth!

Any tips on getting the other parent to use the cloth diapers? Greg has a tendency to grab the Luvs even though he's watched him set up a CPF and a wrap and put them on Spike several dozen times. Oh well. This is the same person who has rode shot-gun with me on countless trips to certain shops and STILL can't seem to drive himself to these same places on his own without missing a turn or doing SOMETHING wrong. :

Yep, that's my husband, Captain Oblivious.

Angela
#2 of 11 Old 07-18-2003, 12:19 PM

first of congrats on getting Spike..... second get rid of the sposies and he wone have a option....... when i did that my DH made the laep to cloth much easier then i thought we would...... he did try his hand at a snappi and a prefold last ngiht and he didnt do to bad.. still needs a little practice but he is coming around...LOL
oh and i am like your DH : i am so bad with directions i have to go several times befor i can remember how to get some where..... :LOL

oh and i wanna see pics of the little in his
#3 of 11 Old 07-18-2003, 12:22 PM

My DH will change Owen, and was the spearhead to the whole cloth diapering to begin with. He can't, however figure out a prefold to save our carpet. I have wanted to sell all of our ME and go to prefolds, but he can't snappi, or even get the prefold in a wrap snappi-less. So I'm keeping my fitteds around with doublers so that he can change Owen. He won't reach for a disposable, he'll just hand O to me if I don't : . If I was ambitious, I'd sell all the ME and use the $$ from that to buy however many hemp fitteds I could with that and use prefolds otherwise.

Also pocket diapers are the easiest system around. You stuff em, and all he has to do is change them.
#4 of 11 Old 07-18-2003, 12:38 PM

Happy Heinys (prestuffed) or Honeyboys, or other front velcro AIO. Even Bumkins if he's not a super wetter. My dh always reaches for these diapers first. They are just as easy, if not easier, than putting on a disposable. He has never attempted a prefold, and even with fitteds and covers, I have come home to more than one inside out or backwards combination.
#5 of 11 Old 07-18-2003, 12:48 PM

Put some velcro closing AIOs in the basket ('cause they close/work like 'sposies, not much thinking involved :LOL), and GET RID of the icky fake diapers. Donate them to a womens shelter, and tell dh 'oops, we ran out'.

Good luck!!h
#6 of 11 Old 07-18-2003, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Yep, that's my husband, Captain Oblivious.

Get rid of the 'sposies and get something easy for him to use. If there are no 'sposies he has none to use and no excuse :LOL
#7 of 11 Old 07-18-2003, 01:36 PM

i second the "get rid of the sposies and replace them with front aplix aios" idea. dh will only use aios, though last night i came home and eden was in a prefold...dh said it was just simpler that way (i keep the aios upstairs in the dresser, the prefolds downstairs in a basket). so maybe he's coming around?

course, this is the same guy who put elijah in a fleece cover...*just* a fleece cover, and then griped about how it leaked lol. so i am not getting *too* hopeful over here.
#8 of 11 Old 07-18-2003, 06:13 PM

How long has Spike been home with you? Your DH might be feeling a little overwhelmed . . . I'm sure he'll get on board with CDs eventually!

Here's what I did to help DH (he begged me not to use cloth, BTW and now uses cloth without complaint!). I got some cute pocket diapers from Apron Strings and I got a cover made out of the Chicago Cubs material. He didn't ohh and ahh about the cover, but I think he liked it anyway. The pocket diapers really helped (had to be prestuffed) and now he's fine with fitteds, too.

Don't worry! He'll come around!

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#9 of 11 Old 07-18-2003, 06:42 PM

Oh, I didn't know Spike was home! Congrats!!! We also have front-aplix AIOs for DH to use. CPFs intimidate the heck out of him, and he's scared of messing up. I now have a big stash of front aplix AIOs and he actually uses them, and he's so proud of himself when he does, lol.
#10 of 11 Old 07-18-2003, 06:45 PM

Hey I have a great suggestion! Luvs has a No Leaks Guaerantee, I guess since their dipes are supposed to hold like the Hoover Dam : Anyhow, you can call 1-888-NOLEAKS. You have to send the receipt, UPC and one unsed diaper from the package in and they will refund you the price of the package of diaper plus $1 for shipping. Get yourself a real diaper with that money :LOL

http://www.luvs.com/moms_club.shtml
#11 of 11 Old 07-18-2003, 11:19 PM

woo hoo! congrats on getting spike home!!

I agree with everyone else on just getting rid of the sposies

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page