BFed poo and CPF...didn't anticipate this one - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 07-18-2003, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm washing wraps every time he poop in a CPF, not because of leg leaks (yea! Three cheers for the snappi!), but because the poop is so runny that it's soaking *through* the CPF and onto the cover. I'm trying to figure out if it's just when the diaper has already been peed in, or if it's an everytime thing, but so far it looks like it's an everytime thing because it happens even when he poops right after a change.

Hmmm....trying to decide how I feel about this. Definitely don't like it if I'm using wool (which I'm not because they don't fit ). It seems like it would be something he'd outgrow pretty quickly, though. I'm gonna wait it out .

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
#2 of 12 Old 07-18-2003, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I always use i doubler in my CPF's for this very reason. Not a bulky doubler, just one to help with a little extra absorbancy.

Married to my high school sweetheart. We have four awesome kids.
#3 of 12 Old 07-18-2003, 02:16 PM

First, I wanted to give belated congratulations to you on your home water birth and beautiful baby!!

I'm guessing you may continue to have that issue as long as you ebf...I dunno that for sure, though. Have you tried any doublers inside your pf? Maybe they'll help contain the poo from bleeding thru b/c it'll be more layers to get thru?

You'll get better advice from others
#4 of 12 Old 07-18-2003, 02:17 PM

They do outgrow this stage pretty quickly. I mean the consistency of the poop didn't really change for us till Rhys started solids around 6 months or so...but he started to poop less frequently by about 6-8 weeks so it wasn't that big a deal KWIM?

Steph

Steph~~momma to Rhys 2002, Niamh 2004, Isla 2007 and Deirdre 2009
#5 of 12 Old 07-18-2003, 02:21 PM

Um - it didn't change for us until she started solids.

This is why we had to use fitteds - or you might pick up some doublers at www.smjae.com
#6 of 12 Old 07-18-2003, 02:27 PM

Yeah, Caden is going on 8 mos. and still has poops that leak through to the cover on occasion, but not every poo. We had more of those kinds of poos early on, but not every single time.
#7 of 12 Old 07-18-2003, 02:27 PM

You know I used cpf with my two littlest guys when they were newborns. They were both ebf, but I never had that problem I would say use a doubler for now. My boys stopped pooping twenty million times a day pretty quickly... at about a month or so.
#8 of 12 Old 07-18-2003, 02:55 PM

My kids went through that stage in about 2 months and pooped less. Every kid is different, but doublers help, lke everyone said.
nak

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#9 of 12 Old 07-18-2003, 02:59 PM

I can't remember if you intend to use natural materials...but if you're not anti-pul, you might find Bumkins covers to be the answer. In between regular diaper laundry, I wash my Bumkins in baby's (or someone's) used bath water and hang to dry.
#10 of 12 Old 07-18-2003, 03:42 PM

I ebf and we never had this problem. My intinct, though, is that your dipes aren't thick or absortbant enough. Try doubling up to tets that theory.
Either that, or your baby just has especialy liquidy poop

Berkeley mom of 3 and President of Tender Cargo Baby Gear
and The Nurture Center Store and Resource Center 3399 Mt Diablo Bl Lafayette CA 888-998-BABY
#11 of 12 Old 07-18-2003, 06:09 PM

Quote:
This is why we had to use fitteds - or you might pick up some doublers at www.smjae.com
What size doublers do you think would be good for a newborn? SMJAE doesn't list smalls on her site (though I think Michelle might make them) . . .would mediums work?

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#12 of 12 Old 07-18-2003, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

nak

since I posted this, he's done it in a kissaluv and a poochies, so I guess its just his poop. hopefully it won't last long.

chelle..I think he's allergic to the PUL, or the heat it creates, but that's another thread

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page