Sherpa- Soft??? - Mothering Forums
Diapering > Sherpa- Soft???
orangebird's Avatar orangebird 03:34 PM 07-18-2003
I have a bunch of sherpa/fleece diapers and they are soooo NOT soft after they have been washed. I got a water softener and they are still not the usual "soft and fluffy" everyone talks about. I have tried fabric softener, still not soft and fluffy. I have tried every detergent in every amount. NOT SOFT. What's up???

rwikene's Avatar rwikene 03:54 PM 07-18-2003
you know, I got some sherpa diapers...they got stiff/hard at first, but now they are all soft again. I don't know why

Are you or to dry them? (gotta love the new smilies) I think that if you they will not be all soft
orangebird's Avatar orangebird 03:57 PM 07-18-2003
In the drier now. They are soft like they are not stiff, but the fabric is matty (these are pretty new diapers) and pilly.
rwikene's Avatar rwikene 03:59 PM 07-18-2003
reminds you of an old, well loved teddy bear? the pills should go away after some more washes...but it's always going to be matted
Sandra Dee's Avatar Sandra Dee 04:31 PM 07-18-2003
My sherpa wipes are *okay* at best - not super soft - sort of reminiscent of fleece - kind of clumpy?

Anyway - I read someone recommended putting new tennis balls in your dryer (maybe in a clean sock?) and that will kind of beat up the fibers and maybe make it softer again?

worth a shot!
turquoise's Avatar turquoise 04:43 PM 07-18-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by mara
.... I have tried fabric softener, still not soft and fluffy. I have tried every detergent in every amount. NOT SOFT. What's up???
you tried fabric softener!!! aren't you worried about it making them waterproof? :
orangebird's Avatar orangebird 04:48 PM 07-18-2003
Nope, I use Downy enhancer on my diapers once a week or so. Doesn't affect absorbancy.

( I did try regular fabric softener once just because I was going crazy and really really really wanted to see if SOMETHING,ANYTHING, would get them soft LOL!)
Up