How many of us just use chinese prefolds? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today I have been thinking alot and decided to simplefy my diaper stash to all Chinese prefolds. I was just wondering how many use chinese prefolds only and like there system.

Mom to  Rachel 15 Kimberly 12 Chloe 10 and Nathaniel 8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 05:16 PM

nak

I LOVE cpfs now. I also use hemp SOS for nighttime and car rides, etc. But - DD = super soaker

+ always a micro hemp smjae doubler
#3 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 05:20 PM

We use CPFs 98% of the time. I have 4 Little Lamb AIOs that I got in a trade, so we use these too. I really like them, but for absorbancy and price you just can't beat CPFs. We mostly use wraps, but sometimes use a snappied CPF coverless for around the house.

Lately we've had lots of nakey time too!!

I'd like to experiment with other AIOs and some fitteds, but since we can't afford it, I just enjoy reading about others experiences (said without a trace of envy...heehee).

Trying to get my bearings...
#4 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 05:24 PM

I will be soon. I realized I am spending too much money on diapers. And getting frustrated that DD poos as soon as she has on a clean diaper and it always seems to be a favorite diaper. Won't have that problem with CPF since they are all the same.

Now I have a few AIO's and pocket diapers but I may ditch them after I get the CPFs. I'll see how it goes.

Christi
DS1(12), DD(7)blessed with T21, DS2(2), and DD2 - newly arrived 1/28/11
#5 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 05:35 PM

Yep, we have 36 cpfs and 6 fitteds. So, we are primarily a cpf family as well. Although I got behind in diaper duty and Kenny is, at present, napping in a flannel baby blanket! :LOL
#6 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 05:38 PM

I have some AIOs, a FuzziBunz and a few fitteds, but they're all in the closet. I'm trying to find them a new home since Spike's doing great in his CPFs.

Now covers . . . I've had a few favorites just in the two weeks we've had our kiddo home. First we were liking the ProWraps, and for a while we really liked the Bummi velcro, but now we're all about Nikky's. I should've suspected a cover from Japan would work great for my Korean kiddo!

Haven't tried the Snappi I have, or the diaper pins my mom insisted on buying me. Doubt we'll try either unless we get desperate.

Angela
#7 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 05:39 PM

Prefolds are the only diapers I've used. There are some really cute diapers out there, but they are way beyond our current budget, and I also love that we're saving as much as possible by keeping it simple. I use snappi'd prefolds in the bikini twist with pull-on nylon covers, and I love this easy, inexpensive system. If we start to make a little more money, I'd like to try a wool cover and maybe some pocket diapers for nights, but for now I'm really happy with good old prefolds.
#8 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 05:50 PM

CPFs are all I've ever used from day 1, and they work out just fine. I have thought that fitteds might be nice for the breastfood squirty poop stage, but CPFs are not a big deal as long as you have good fitting covers and/or you snappi/pin.

~ Meredith, mom to dd(Jan '02), ds1(May '04) and ds2 (June '07) ~ :
#9 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 05:52 PM

i use to always use my prefolds, then Ella outgrew her infant premiums and i can't stand how big the regular premiums are on her. no matter how i fold it, they are still so big, they are still pretty new, so they probably still have some shrinage coming.

so i've been using my fitteds, other than my sos (which are getting less bulky on her each day) i like my sugarpeas,and my one firefly she's just about outgrown, i'm really in love with my sidesnapping cloud 9 dipes. so i sold off a bunch of my fitted that weren't side snapping, have a few buckeye bottoms side snapping coming to try, other than i'm going to try to make some side snapping fitteds myself.

i do really miss how those prefolds use to fit Ellie so well,

#10 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 05:55 PM

I use mostly cpf's during the day with the occaisional Froggy Fleecer thrown in for good measure. I keep some Bumkin's AIO's and Honeyboys around for errands and stuff.
#11 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 06:05 PM

I have just recently decided to start using CPF all the time. Mary-Grace has outgrown all of her dipes MIL made for her so now the only way I can afford to get enough new dipes is to use CPF. I really don't mind now that I know how to use a snappi. CPF are actually what my DH reaches for first so I guess it all works out in the end.

Sara
I love my girlsMadaline(9), Mary-Grace(7), Georgia(3), & Evelyn(1)
#12 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 06:56 PM

I use CPFs most of the time. I have fitteds in the diaper bag because of folding logistics while out, and DH uses them as a nighttime diaper because he doesn't care to use a Snappi. I have too many fitteds, though (about 15 in DD's current size) even after selling some. It's hard to let go.

I do have some hemp prefolds on the way, though, but I doubt I'll order more once I get them because I'm finally "at peace" with our system. I finally feel satisified with our covers, too . . .maybe even overwhelmed.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#13 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 07:08 PM

Strictly CPFs and Nikkys since day one for all of my kids. I have never used disposies, or any other system. I do have an AYN which I love for naps on my toddler, and a few choice wool covers from my favorite WAHM, though. I use the wool at night.

I love the simplicity, and the cost allows us to have a service rather than wash myself. (It also allows our family to be able to welcome more kiddos, live in a home we won't grow out of anytime soon, renovate, vacation, eat out, put away $$$ for college, get cool baby clothes, buy clothes as needed for me or dh, etc without worry for the financial future)

I like all of the other options out there as far as AIOs, fitteds, pockets, and such, but the time spent in diapers is so brief, and I would rather spend hubby's hard earned money in areas that everyone in our family can appreciate. (Did I mention that my DH is a snappi/CPF Pro? I guess he HAS had the benefit of over 5 years of practice.......)

Mocha
(ds 4, ds 2, and baby#3 comming soon)
#14 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 10:08 PM

I am downsizing to cpfs. Have been using them 90 percent of the time in the last few months. I use fitteds at night and when he is crazed right before his nap. I recently learned to snappi neatly while ds is standing, so there's nothing holding me back.

Except I really like some of those fitteds and need to have a dozen on hand for times that only a fitted willl do...

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right
#15 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 10:55 PM

I use them and love 'em!!!
#16 of 21 Old 07-18-2003, 11:15 PM

Yup, I'm 99% CPFs and 1% Crickett's fitteds for nighttime. I love my CPFs.
#17 of 21 Old 07-19-2003, 12:17 AM

I use prefolds 98% of the time with a SMJAE fleece topped doubler. Top it all off with a wool cover and its the perfect system for us.
#18 of 21 Old 07-19-2003, 01:25 AM

Cpf's ONLY for the first 2 years! Came here, tried a few aios, some fitteds and fleece for the first time. But I our cpfs and use them 95% of the time, in the house and out.

~Joan, Happy mom to 2 beautiful kiddos, one new puppy and 2 lovely felines
#19 of 21 Old 07-19-2003, 01:26 AM

we use prefolds and a wool cover a lot of the time. we also use them as stuffers in our pocket dipes. i have one fitted, one aio, and wios and they are only used once in a while. cpf were what we started out with, then i came here and went nuts trying out all sorts of fitteds. i don't like fitteds, so away they went. we are sticking with our prefolds
#20 of 21 Old 07-19-2003, 02:07 AM

I don't use only cpfs but I like them. Ds likes them too, and he picks those sometimes.
#21 of 21 Old 07-19-2003, 04:55 AM

We only use cpfs, and I like the simplicity of them.

Rachel ~ homeschooling mama to six.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page