Someone took the rest of my dipes!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-18-2003, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went back to my local 2nd hand store to get some more of the fitted diapers and low and behold, there were ONLY 5 left!!!

REBECCA!!!!!!!!!!!! You little STINKER......lol you went to Cara's Closet, huh?!?!!!! And TOOK the rest of MY diapers!!!!!! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2003, 06:08 PM

Did you find out who made them?

How are they working for you?

How fun!! Diapes at a consignment shop! LOL!
Old 07-18-2003, 11:37 PM

Wow!
I would LOVE to find decent diapers at my local consignment shops.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Aw Geez... I got a dozen, but she said there were 2 doz there! I even told the owner that I couldn't buy them all because my friend Suzi would be back for more. 2 of them were the Motherease OS that she copied.

I'm thinking of asking the woman who makes them if she'd like to do contract work for me... I'm sick as a dog with this preg and not wanting to do anything except sleep and barf, and would love some sewing help...

The woman who makes them is a grandma named Michelle. She left me a message today, but I haven't called her back yet.

Suzi, lemme know what you think... her sewing needs some work (she doesn't serge them and I'm wondering how they'll hold up), but still looks nice, and I'd love to sell a bound edge dipe with cute PRR prints.
Old 07-19-2003, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

So, how did she get ahold of a ME onesize?? I thought you and I we're the only "ones" in this area......lol

Her sewing could use a little coaching from a GREAT one like you Those dipes need some crossover snaps for the 'poor little skinny guys'
Did she charge you $30 the a dozen? I went and bought the rest and they were $3 a piece except for the one with the little pink stain on it (it came out in the wash by way ) The store owner called and told me that she found some more of the diapers! LMK what you decide to do, and LMK if you need any help with Sean when your not feeling well and your DH is at work I'd be more than happy to come over on my day off
Old 07-19-2003, 02:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah, I paid $30/doz for the ones I got. The MEOS were used, but the others are hard to tell. Some have some staining, but it looks like it was on the fabric before it was cut, like a general discoloration. I haven't washed them yet. Some need the soakers to be resewn with the serger... she didn't get all the layers.

Trying to decide if it'd be worth my $ to pay her to make them. THere's very little profit in dipe sewing anyway (unless I really jack prices ), but I'd like to offer a nice fitted, since I buy so many myself. I really prefer bound edges to frilly serged ones too.

we'll see. If I were you, I'd buy the leftovers and ebay em! You can't beat $3/each! You'd certainly get that back!
Old 07-19-2003, 04:04 AM

That is super! At my second hand place and the cosignment shop all they ever have is those yucko kushies. OR those velcro jobbies that bug me so much.

User Tag List