Yet Another Fuzzibunz version? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 07-19-2003, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just got a new order of several rushed to my from Kelly's closet since my others are with my luggage and not back from vacation yet.

The larges are MUCH larger than before. Still pointed wings. We'll see how the fleece wears, but it seems fluffy, hope. Has leg casings. two more snaps on the botton row than the last version I ordered. Most of the extra fabric seems to be at either side of the front, where the snaps are. It's pointed now instead of curved and bunches up badly on dd. This sucks! Now I totally need the PT which just fit...the old larges are fine. The fabric on these is a lot "crunchier" too...totally different from last few batches of colored PUL...back to the round tab versions.

Tereson needs to put freaking version number labels on these things. And don't say HH. I use those too, but the front "wings" on them are enormous...I pretty much can wrap them around to her back and it drives me insane.

How long have these been out? anyone else not like them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 07-19-2003, 05:00 PM

I have always stayed away from FBs. All the different versions have confused me as to which are good and which plain suck.. Seems she keeps tweeking them and making them worse rather than better.

Karen Mommy of McKenna 2003 & Alysson 2004 homebirth.jpg Expecting stork-girl.gif an early Christmas Present
#3 of 15 Old 07-19-2003, 05:13 PM

you might want to try some apronstrings pocket diapers...although, my understanding is that Becca is really sick (morning sickness) and isn't able to sew right now.

Anyway, they run a tad smaller than other larges, but are snaps and come with an infant prefold included in the price.
#4 of 15 Old 07-19-2003, 05:18 PM

Those sound like mine, which I've had since January. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by crunchy PUL. Mine feels silky, like the Bumpy cover.

I'm actually really, really happy with mine, and they work like a dream for us.

We use a size large on the tightest settings for my 14 month old, and I couldn't be more pleased with the fit.
#5 of 15 Old 07-19-2003, 05:47 PM

Mine sound just like that, too, and I've also had mine since January. I like mine, too. Mainly because that's when the new non-repelling fleece came out, I believe. (I had bought some just weeks before that had the repelling fleece, anyway, and remember that's about the time they switched to the "thirstier" stuff).
I don't have problems with the fit because I don't have older versions in the same size to compare to.
I actually like my Happy Heiny's better. Some of my older ones did that thing where they almost wrapped around to the back and the wing tabs were also a lot longer, it seemed, than they needed to be, but the current sizes I have on my kids fit them very well, and the tabs are shorter, too. Best of all, the fleece is also supposed to be better at not getting build up, which is what I'm banking on, cuz I didn't care for hand washing the pocket diapers every time.
#6 of 15 Old 07-19-2003, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Clarity

Tereson needs to put freaking version number labels on these things.
Thats a TERRIFIC idea! That way, if you loved a certain version, you could just hunt for #2-b or something like that.
Amy
#7 of 15 Old 07-19-2003, 06:09 PM

I sent some in for replacement for bad snaps and I was sent 3 of a newer version as well. The only difference I noticed on them was the rise is about an inch longer. Which is good for us. They are mediums.
#8 of 15 Old 07-19-2003, 07:22 PM

I just got one in the mail to replace one with weak snaps so I went to check after reading this and it IS bigger! It should be a small-and-a-half!
#9 of 15 Old 07-19-2003, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know which I dislike more, the stiffer PUL or the larger size. I can't believe I paid to have these overnighted. (It is not the same silky feel we're used to EG, it's stiffer, almost like HH stiff.) I have had at least one of most of the FB models since all-fleece and this is the first time I've gotten cranky about it. ASBT is a good suggestion, except for the not taking orders part, LOL. Zootkitty is always one I've liked...is she back filling orders yet? Or still hiding from having gotten behind while she was sick? Poor thing.

And my gal is so skinny, the trim FB fit was a nice bonus. So everyone with bigger kids with high rises, rejoice.

I lost my first snap ever too, on one of my newish ones (pointy tabs) but one or two revisions old.

And it'll be at least a week before I get the majority of my stash back. I thin that's why I'm even more cranky.
#10 of 15 Old 07-19-2003, 10:06 PM

Hmmm I got mine about 1 month ago with the newest tight snaps and they don't seem to be any bigger! THe fleece starts out fluffy but then gets to look more like a microchamois as it is washed.

I've been happy with the newest version. I love the trimness of FB"s and am happy to have TIGHT snaps now!
#11 of 15 Old 07-20-2003, 12:16 AM

I also LOVE the newest version--got mine in April--I think that's when they came out.

I noticed they fit more generously. I was thinking it was better elastic. It seemed stretchier or something. The fleece is softer too. I was pretty excited about them.
#12 of 15 Old 07-20-2003, 12:31 AM

So the new ones with the extra snaps and non repelling fleece that came out in January are different than the ones one may have bought in April? I'm kinda curious about this, but not enough to buy anymore. I just took one of my VERY lightly used FB's out of the washer today and the seam in the back that covers the elastic has come unravelled! I had to send a brand new one back for the same thing before and I'm really tired of sending FB's back in general. I can't imagine they'd take one back for repair that is almost 7 mos. old.
#13 of 15 Old 07-20-2003, 02:00 AM

I read somewhere they added more snaps and b/c of that they fit a wider range, and b/c of that they are getting rid of the Petite Toddler size.

Mom of 3 sons and one daughter
#14 of 15 Old 07-20-2003, 02:03 PM

Ok. I took some pictures of the versions I have:

http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=...21b32747d9846d

The "new" Medium is about the same size as the "old" Large 6 leg snap version. The medium just has tighter elastic on leg and waist and an extra snap in the leg.
#15 of 15 Old 07-20-2003, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yet another reason why I don't recommend these to people who ask! This would drive me nuts.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page